43 replies to this topic

#41 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,591 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:53 AM

Juthro, my mind went immediately to piezoelectric generation via sound wave distortion of the rock, but the narrator made the same mistake most make in the assumption of the levitation being accomplished via "electromagnetic" activity.  It would have been more likely, electrostatic or dielectric activity, which I have long been maintaining here is what got arbitrarily tagged with the invented name, "gravity." 

Swayambhu, you seem to be in the materialist camp.  Replace the word, nothingness, with no-thing-ness.  Could all this come from some quality that is finer even than your fart?

• Juthro likes this

#42 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:44 AM

Swayambhu, you seem to be in the materialist camp.  Replace the word, nothingness, with no-thing-ness.  Could all this come from some quality that is finer even than your fart?

I don't know if I'm a materialist, I'm just trying to deal in the common currency of our times, which sometimes involves talking out of my arse. Maybe that's why fart analogies come so easily to me?
  • Alder Logs likes this

#43 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,591 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

In the beginning was the Fart...

Edited by Alder Logs, 15 April 2019 - 03:50 PM.
I realized that Fart had to be capitalized.

• swayambhu and TabbyBoy like this

#44 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 846 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:06 PM

What created that "space" whereupon all that can be known to be created is? Or is it merely bare existence, without reason, without creation, without destruction?

Edited by Guy1298, 16 April 2019 - 10:09 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!