23 replies to this topic

#21 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:31 PM

Everything cats says is true. I was thinking the yellow was probably metabolites because of the previous posts, explaining things were prob a bit wet.

Once you know exactly how matabolites look it's pretty easy to tell if it's just that or if theres contamination.

That, plus subs tend to look pretty beat up after a harvest and dunk. You'll learn all these things with experience, and know the difference with a quick look and maybe a sniff.

His reasoning is sound, though. As a newer grower starting from scratch earns you experience.

Edited by Deleena24, 14 March 2019 - 02:35 PM.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#22 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

I think I'll just keep using my positive pressure sterile box with fungicidal/antibacterial spray.. Is this type of setup pretty sanitary? I have a hepa filter filtering clean air into the tote with two arm holes exposed

#23 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:35 PM

I think I'll just keep using my positive pressure sterile box with fungicidal/antibacterial spray.. Is this type of setup pretty sanitary? I have a hepa filter filtering clean air into the tote with two arm holes exposed

Sounds like it is sufficient, haven't used a filter, just a bin with holes. The fungicidal spray sounds good, I'd just be careful, you are trying to grow what it is designed to kill after all.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#24 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:06 PM

Sounds like it is sufficient, haven't used a filter, just a bin with holes. The fungicidal spray sounds good, I'd just be careful, you are trying to grow what it is designed to kill after all.
Yeah, I usually spray it down really well then give the filter a few minutes to push it all out the hand holes before I open any jars or bags or dishes. If this is sufficient sanitation I must be dealing with multispore contaminates

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!