• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:36 AM

Ah it's been a few years, but I remember this while on LSD with a friend. We both encountered the loop. Quite an experience. I remember asking him, "Didn't you just say that?" and him asking me the same for what seemed quite a while. Freaked us out for a bit. We ended up going outside to dark cloudy skies and wind. As we walked up a hill with the wind hitting our faces a crow joined us by hovering at our side 6'-8' away. The crow was looking at us. Put more fear and we took off into the brush. 

Glad you shared this experience. I hadn't thought about mine in years. 

• Coopdog, Billcoz and LegoMyego like this

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:15 AM

But hopefully not until I'm a bit older and more sure of myself.

See, that's the ego wanting to be there to accomplish some idea it has about ego death as an attainment.  It can't see very easily that it, the ego, is only an idea.  It thinks it's the real thing, yet we, as the observing of it, are not it.  "Ego death;" see how much psychological charge is in these words.   It is ego being all about ego.  So even in a transcendent experience as observation seen outside of our idea of self, that idea self is just trying to get its shit together to make transcendence its bitch, to have transcendence as its badge of honor.  

So, go to the observer position and watch it do its shit.  You, whether tripping balls or chopping wood and carrying water, as awareness, never miss an instant of true being.  Not as any attainment, but as simple natural being.  You are eternal awareness which was/is, even before you knew your [temporary] name.  The ego doesn't die.  It simply gets outed as having never even been.   It was just illusion taken seriously.   Isn't the experience of being outside of ego an experience of something like infinite vastness?  Ego has limits.  We, as our true being, do not.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Billcoz and 2 others like this

#23 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:36 AM

You are very wise Alder Logs.  

I've had a revelation I can't seem to logically disprove.  Why do we feel so lonely?  Why do we (most people anyone) want to connect with the world around us, whether that be humans, animals, nature, etc?  Why do we always seem to crave more? 

I think the problem stems us constructing ourselves as separate from the rest of the universe.  I'm me, you are you, she is she, etc.  I've realized that the self truly is an illusion.  After the big bang, hydrogen was blasted into the universe.  It began to get closer and closer until BAM- the first stars are born.  As the supergiant stars run out of hydrogen, it begins fusion to create helium, then carbon, oxygen, silicon, and sulfur, until finally it makes iron.  This triggers its death.  As it collapses in on itself, all the other elements in the periodic table are formed and a supernova occurs, blasting all the elemented into the universe.  This cycle continues, nebula clouds, planets, moons, comets, asteroids all form.  Like Carl Sagan, we are all stardust.  

I believe all we are as humans is the living universe with the ability to contemplate its existence.  We are not truly separate from anything in the universe, whether it be another living creature on Earth, plants, rocks, or our own sun.  We are all connected.  We are all one.  We will never truly be happy or evolve as a species until we accept this in my opinion. 

Om

• Coopdog, Billcoz and PasF like this

#24 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

But hopefully not until I'm a bit older and more sure of myself.

See, that's the ego wanting to be there to accomplish some idea it has about ego death as an attainment.  It can't see very easily that it, the ego, is only an idea.  It thinks it's the real thing, yet we, as the observing of it, are not it.  "Ego death;" see how much psychological charge is in these words.   It is ego being all about ego.  So even in a transcendent experience as observation seen outside of our idea of self, that idea self is just trying to get its shit together to make transcendence its bitch, to have transcendence as its badge of honor.  

So, go to the observer position and watch it do its shit.  You, whether tripping balls or chopping wood and carrying water, as awareness, never miss an instant of true being.  Not as any attainment, but as simple natural being.  You are eternal awareness which was/is, even before you knew your [temporary] name.  The ego doesn't die.  It simply gets outed as having never even been.   It was just illusion taken seriously.   Isn't the experience of being outside of ego an experience of something like infinite vastness?  Ego has limits.  We, as our true being, do not.

Shit, you said it there, this is the reason these things are so important, it's a way to lift the veil on the illusion that people usually can't even imagine, and don't realize is an illusion. When we see that it is an illusion, we start to see through other bullshit that we are mesmerized by. We realize that most all of the crap that holds us back, and makes society suck is an illusion, the illusion that we can't change it or make it better. That is the danger that the authorities see with psychedelics, their illusion of control becomes transparent to us.

• LegoMyego likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!