• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:16 PM

I've bounced around a few forums and chose this one for my home. Members are kind and the instructions are clear. I'm going to start growing primarily to source my depression medication. Microdosing has changed my life. 

I'm 60. When I was 12 I stumbled upon an Amanita muscaria and was filled with wonder by its beauty, by its very existence. Did those mushrooms in fairy tale illustrations really exist? All through 7th grade I was obsessed with mushrooms. I never experimented with eating them (conventional wisdom was if it didn't come from the store it was a toadstool and would kill you). But every day after school I would run home, grab a collecting bag and go out mushroom hunting in the woods and fields around my house. I collected, identified, learned Latin names and what they meant, made spore prints and watercolor illustrations. Then I trudged back to school and got Ds in science (fuck that teacher!). I also got teased for being weird. I found out that when you're in 7th grade, it's not cool to tell other kids "did you know that there are MUSHROOM SPORES on EVERYTHING you touch!?!?!".

I'm excited about growing because that kid is still inside me, curious and ready to learn. 

I have a few questions I'm going to hop over to the growing forum and post. 

Thank you all for being here! 

Janet

• mushit, roc, Cuboid and 2 others like this

#2 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,699 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:53 PM

What a fabulous bit of history to share with us! Welcome to the best mushroom site on the web. (Yes, I am biased and partial to our site)

And YAY! Another lady! Who0t! Hey, weirdo's welcome for sure! I am one and they tolerate me lol.

• JanetPlanet likes this

#3 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,278 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:20 PM

Welcome to 'topia!

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!