I was lucky enough to get some ARX from a great guy <eg> and I started my agar adventures. I read that some were using food dye and it was 2 am in the morning and no food dye in my house... so I grabbed some non-toxic fluorescent dye that I had a few drops in the bottle left. When looking at the Petri dish it was barely visible, but obviously mushrooms uptake the dye and mold and other contaminants don't.
Look at the photos below under a black lit black light.
The mycelium are glowing more than the agar with color not just white and the contam is dark, actually I can see that I can try to cut it out and save the other spore starts.
If this is old info I apologize...
Edited by WolfWhiz, 14 March 2019 - 09:51 PM.