• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:01 PM

I was diagnosed with depression and didn't want to go back on pharmaceutical antidepressants which made me chubby and destroyed my libido.

Last February a friend gave me some mushrooms. What strain? Who knows! I ground them up in the coffee grinder I use for spices and took a little every 4th day. A little? less than 1/8 teaspoon. I'll attach a picture. 

After two doses (8 days) I noticed my mood and energy elevated, and that I was 100% kinder to the people I love the most. I felt like my real self before my depression. I continued to dose until last winter when my friend's source dried up. After about a month off the dosing, I spiraled back down. By late January 2019 I was pretty miserable. In February I started to research growing my own and sent off cash to Source of Spores, who is not fulfilling a sacred responsibility (the spores still have not arrived and my emails and texts have not been answered). I found this forum, got some spores from a source I found here and inoculated Saturday morning. 

(I have found a limited source to tide me over until I can grow my own medication). 

I strongly recommend Ayelet Waldman's book "A Really Good Day" (https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/1101973722)  about her experiences with microdosing LSD, as well as her perspective as a former Federal Public Defender. My public library had it.

I haven't read Michael Pollan's book but I'm glad a bestselling author has jumped on and is normalizing microdosing for the general public. 

I take a bit every 4th day. I have never taken enough to get any psychedelic effects. 

I think each person has to figure this out on their own. Different people have higher or lower tolerances, different crops/strains may have different amounts of the medication. Start small and work up incrementally. I have read some opinions that you should work up to a point where you get some psychedelic effects and then back off a bit. I'm not so sure. It may be a much smaller dose than "just below tripping" that is effective. 

I think the coffee grinder is a good idea for homogenizing what may be a heterogeneous material (caps and stems different? I don't know).

Be well and happy and kind to your loved ones. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190318_104006.jpg

• mushit, onediadem, roc and 9 others like this

#2 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:39 PM

Nice post!

My current grow is for someone wanting to try micro-dosing so here we grow!

• onediadem, CatsAndBats, Cuboid and 2 others like this

#3 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

Glad to hear you're getting results from micro dosing Psilocybin. I 2nd the book recommendation and can also recommend Michael Pollan's book.
My results have been somewhat spotty. I though I'd gotten off the SSRI's last year but ended up going into another depressive episode that lasted many weeks and only really turned around once I went back on pharmaceuticals. Now I'm trying again but with the 5 on 2 off pattern instead of every 3rd day. I'm going to be taking lions mane supplement as well. And some other medicinal mushroom supplements. Just ordered them as powdered and am getting a capsule machine too. +1 on the grinding to homogenise. For me the Psilocybin mushroom material is blitzed to a fine powder in a mini blender to homogenise it - don't know about cap vs stem but definitely potency varies flush to flush and fruit to fruit.
  • cannabiscarebear likes this

#4 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:16 PM

I use the classic Krups coffee grinder; the design hasn't changed in probably 30 years. I found the one I use for spices and mushrooms at Goodwill. I keep a separate one for coffee because coffee smells too strong. 

#5 cannabiscarebear

cannabiscarebear

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:24 AM

Glad it's helping. I too microdose every 3rd sometimes 4th day. I have been doing this for almost a year. I take maybe a slightly larger dose but that's probably only bc I've built up a small tolerance. I too have come into time where I was not able to source my new medicine and my depression returned with a vengeance.. Having the ability to make your own medicine is paramount. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
  • JanetPlanet likes this

#6 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:26 PM

It's interesting neither of you (or I) have had lasting benefits of micro dosing Psilocybin. I hoped that doing it for a few months would make permanant shifts in baseline mood. I suspect a macro dose is needed to 'reset' things in a lasting way. I still haven't got an opportunity for doing that.

#7 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

It's interesting neither of you (or I) have had lasting benefits of micro dosing Psilocybin. I hoped that doing it for a few months would make permanant shifts in baseline mood. I suspect a macro dose is needed to 'reset' things in a lasting way. I still haven't got an opportunity for doing that.

A close relative who lives in a state where therapist/trip sitters are relatively easy to find has had phenomenal results with a 2 macro dose sessions. It has been the equivalent of years of therapy for her. I wish she had access to this forty years ago.

• Cuboid likes this

#8 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

I take maybe a slightly larger dose but that's probably only bc I've built up a small tolerance.

I have taken a couple of breaks that may have kept me from building up a tolerance. I have not lapsed back into depression during those breaks because they have been away from home and habit in Japan for 4 weeks (my Happy Place, where drug laws also happen to be scary strict) and housesitting for 3 weeks in a beautiful place away from my every day stress triggers. 

• roc and cannabiscarebear like this

#9 cannabiscarebear

cannabiscarebear

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:24 PM

I guess I should say I have a had amazing lasting results. The depression I have now is not nearly as debilitating as it was before but is it after I had some serious ego crushing microdosing experiences? Or from the micro? Idk really.. the micro dosing seems to help while I'm doing it and maybe for a week after and then there's a slide back down..I do think both wrk.. just in different ways..micro seems to wrk by just giving you a better general sense of well being..where as a macro experience can really give you insight into yourself and why you might have the issues u have, them u can wrk on them. If that makes any sense at all. I'm am planning on a few macro sessions this spring as I really would like to see a more lasting impression on my affect.

• Oneyedraven and JanetPlanet like this

#10 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,472 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:09 PM

I think a full approach reccomendation would be a microdosing schedule you're comfortable with, and quarterly large doses.
  • raymycoto, JanetPlanet and cannabiscarebear like this

#11 justinianIIII

justinianIIII

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

I am soon to be joining you on the microdosing journey. I've tried almost every anti-depressant known to medical science. All of them have negative side-effects. It's incredibly empowering and exciting that I can grow my own medicine. It's exactly what we did for tens of thousands of years, but here I am in 2019, pinching myself at the first signs of colonization. Thanks for sharing your story! I am excited to get started on the same path in 60-90 days, or however long it takes.

• JanetPlanet and cannabiscarebear like this

#12 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:40 PM

Possible side effect.

Three years ago I had major surgery (laminectomy and fusion of 5 levels of cervical vertebrae) with a long painful recovery. For a couple of years after I had completely healed, I had lingering, sometimes severe nerve pain in my upper back and shoulders at the end of most days.

I realized a few months ago that I had not experienced any nerve pain at all for some time. It went away without my really noticing it.

A side effect of microdosing mushrooms? Possibly. I wish I had been paying more attention, but it's easier to notice extreme discomfort than to notice its absence. 

I wonder if others have experienced anything similar.

Edited by JanetPlanet, 18 April 2019 - 10:41 PM.

• coorsmikey, cannabiscarebear and Tomfa like this

#13 cannabiscarebear

cannabiscarebear

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:50 PM

Possible side effect.
Three years ago I had major surgery (laminectomy and fusion of 5 levels of cervical vertebrae) with a long painful recovery. For a couple of years after I had completely healed, I had lingering, sometimes severe nerve pain in my upper back and shoulders at the end of most days.
I realized a few months ago that I had not experienced any nerve pain at all for some time. It went away without my really noticing it.
A side effect of microdosing mushrooms? Possibly. I wish I had been paying more attention, but it's easier to notice extreme discomfort than to notice its absence.

I believe it does have the ability to lessen pain. I have fibromyalgia and a couple slipped discs that where causing horrific sciatic pain. I had back surgery to relieve the pressure and it worked semi-well but I still feel it and a lot of general fibro pain. This is definitely lessened with microdosing. I've also had longer lasting relief after macro sessions. Anyone else??

• JanetPlanet likes this

#14 MiltonWadams

MiltonWadams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:12 AM

It's sad, what a stranglehold the pharma industry has on government. I see folks here getting real relief from depression and lethargy symptoms, even pain, from a small dose of mushrooms, almost symptom-free. Yet the few grams I have in my stash at the moment would risk jail time while those that push SSRI's and amphetamines that do cause real harm get bonuses. It's a pretty whacked set of priorities.

Sorry to get preachy, this just irritates me no end, like those who have to take anti-seizure meds that cause weight gain and liver damage when CBD oil would do the trick.

It's too bad Sandoz didn't hit on the idea of selling low-dose LSD as a treatment for ADHD before it started getting banned, it could really have done the trick and kept it more accessible while limiting the damage other drugs have done.

#15 RickG

RickG

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:39 PM

The whole reason I started down this road of learning to grow was to eventually be able to start microdosing. I broke my back and neck a few years back and after a year of pain pills and supporting big pharma, I threw them all in the trash. They where causing more harm than good.

I’ve done ayahuasca 6 times and while it has helped me spiritually, everything I have researched about micro dosing shrooms will help in my other needs. Pain, depression, creativity etc. I’ve only had very minor success so far in producing but I am getting closer.

I’m so glad I found this awesome resource of knowledge. Wish I would have found it sooner, I would probably be a lot further along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • JanetPlanet likes this

#16 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 590 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

I’m so glad I found this awesome resource of knowledge.

I’ve only had very minor success so far in producing but I am getting closer.

Welcome, Rick, et al! Just hang in there, stay on the forum. Ask questions.

#17 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 590 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

I’m so glad I found this awesome resource of knowledge.

I’ve only had very minor success so far in producing but I am getting closer.

Welcome, Rick, et al! Just hang in there, stay on the forum. Ask questions.

#18 mojojerry

mojojerry

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:07 PM

I was diagnosed with depression and didn't want to go back on pharmaceutical antidepressants which made me chubby and destroyed my libido.

Last February a friend gave me some mushrooms. What strain? Who knows! I ground them up in the coffee grinder I use for spices and took a little every 4th day. A little? less than 1/8 teaspoon. I'll attach a picture. 

After two doses (8 days) I noticed my mood and energy elevated, and that I was 100% kinder to the people I love the most. I felt like my real self before my depression. I continued to dose until last winter when my friend's source dried up. After about a month off the dosing, I spiraled back down. By late January 2019 I was pretty miserable. In February I started to research growing my own and sent off cash to Source of Spores, who is not fulfilling a sacred responsibility (the spores still have not arrived and my emails and texts have not been answered). I found this forum, got some spores from a source I found here and inoculated Saturday morning. 

(I have found a limited source to tide me over until I can grow my own medication). 

I strongly recommend Ayelet Waldman's book "A Really Good Day" (https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/1101973722)  about her experiences with microdosing LSD, as well as her perspective as a former Federal Public Defender. My public library had it.

I haven't read Michael Pollan's book but I'm glad a bestselling author has jumped on and is normalizing microdosing for the general public. 

I take a bit every 4th day. I have never taken enough to get any psychedelic effects. 

I think each person has to figure this out on their own. Different people have higher or lower tolerances, different crops/strains may have different amounts of the medication. Start small and work up incrementally. I have read some opinions that you should work up to a point where you get some psychedelic effects and then back off a bit. I'm not so sure. It may be a much smaller dose than "just below tripping" that is effective. 

I think the coffee grinder is a good idea for homogenizing what may be a heterogeneous material (caps and stems different? I don't know).

Be well and happy and kind to your loved ones. 

You sound like you have a good head on you sholders.

#19 mojojerry

mojojerry

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:11 PM

Possible side effect.

I have not noticed this yet. I hope to in the future.

#20 curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

Hello I am new to this site and wanted to join for the same reasons a lot of you have I am really enjoying reading all of your positive experiences with microdosing and how it has helped with depression...etc.
I have had depression for years and now am experiencing high anxiety and stress due to a few issues I am dealing with in my life. It is causing me to be irritable and annoyed at so many things and I don’t want to be like that.
I would love to try microdosing and have searched different sites but have only found grow kits or spores...etc. Can anyone please let me know where to go to get mushrooms that are ready for consumption? I would even be ok with powder.
Thanks for this informative site!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!