Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Post sterilization how long can they sit?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 First48x

First48x

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:03 AM

This is my first attempt and I've read a whole lot, I've talked a lot too. I have yet to walk the walk so today I tried. Properly prepped properly hydrated and sterilized and then the mail didn't come. I may have got a little amped up and hit the ground running before even touching ground. I'm sure it will arrive soon but what kind of timeframe am I looking at after sterilization and in what conditions like fridge room temperature light indirect light Darkness?
Pros, full me in here.

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,488 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:41 AM

Put the foil lids back over the jars. They'll be fine for a couple of weeks at room temperature. 

This is actually a good thing. 

You'll be able to tell if the jars stayed sterile - thus verifying your aseptic technique for that step of the process. 

• onediadem, PJammer24, JanetPlanet and 1 other like this

#3 Chef4u2

Chef4u2

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:00 PM

Can you tell because growth will occur?

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,488 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:58 PM

Can you tell because growth will occur?

Correct. 

If your technique was insufficient, growth (of some kind) will occur. It's usually bacteria - in the form of "sour apple" odors. But I've seen images of some pretty nasty stuff posted here over the years - so you never know. 

Be cool. Relax. Replace the foil lids and put them in the pantry.

Once your cultivars arrive - follow the same advice. Be cool. Relax. Inoculate. Leave the foil lid off and put them in the pantry. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!