• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 3369

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:39 PM

Hi there, new poster here.

A friend of mine recently had his first trip with the Golden Teacher. It was 1 dry gram that was left 24 hours in a little lemon juice because he decided to not take the plunge the night before.

Spores were from a Canadian source and he grew his own.

He just wanted to explore and learn and maybe get one of those trips he read others say were one of their top 10 best experiences of their life. Not really interested in a high, more of an exploration of consciousness.

After ingestion he began to feel more and more uncomfortable, felt a little drunk and felt the urges to throw up and pee and poo constantly from then on until he had enough of that and took some niacin to bail out. Got some visuals laying on the bed with eyes closed and would have liked to see more of that but was too uncomfortable to lay there long. Made about 3 or 4 trips outside but it was too cold to stay out there very long. He hadn't eaten for at least 5 hours before.

So is this guy just too much of a pussy for this adventure and will have to be satisfied with micro dosing? Or should he try to find some kind of thai strain because he read they were more uplifting? 

Was that maybe his ego fighting for control, didn't seem like a big enough dose for that?

Maybe with warmer weather now he could spend more time walking around outside since he felt better moving instead of just laying in bed in the dark quiet room like he planned.

Thanks 

• Shadowlord and RutgerHauer like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,635 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:54 AM

Welcome 3369. 

From personal experience, cubensis can be a little finicky sometimes. They tend to make me cold - even on hot summer days. Others have reported similar discomfort. 

• Shadowlord likes this

#3 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

One gram can get you right on the edge of getting into it, like a constant come up that never comes up completely, can be a restless experience.. in low doses it stimulates, from certain doses that effect changes.
  • Myc, coorsmikey, Shadowlord and 1 other like this

#4 Ataraxis

Ataraxis

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 07:42 AM

One gram can get you right on the edge of getting into it, like a constant come up

I second that this is what he experienced. If you did't know what to expect, a long come up into an anticlimactic peak would surely cause a lot of discomfort. I recommend he tries again, with 1.5g - 2g. If he's in it for surprise enlightenment, I assume he has a sound mind. It's because of that I believe he could handle a stronger first trip. My first trip was about 2.7g, and there are plenty of people that jumped in head first with high doses eager for that learning experience.
  • Shadowlord and Coopdog like this

#5 Moanstrength

Moanstrength

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:55 AM

Hi there, new poster here.

A friend of mine recently had his first trip with the Golden Teacher. It was 1 dry gram that was left 24 hours in a little lemon juice because he decided to not take the plunge the night before.

Spores were from a Canadian source and he grew his own.

He just wanted to explore and learn and maybe get one of those trips he read others say were one of their top 10 best experiences of their life. Not really interested in a high, more of an exploration of consciousness.

After ingestion he began to feel more and more uncomfortable, felt a little drunk and felt the urges to throw up and pee and poo constantly from then on until he had enough of that and took some niacin to bail out. Got some visuals laying on the bed with eyes closed and would have liked to see more of that but was too uncomfortable to lay there long. Made about 3 or 4 trips outside but it was too cold to stay out there very long. He hadn't eaten for at least 5 hours before.

So is this guy just too much of a pussy for this adventure and will have to be satisfied with micro dosing? Or should he try to find some kind of thai strain because he read they were more uplifting? 

Was that maybe his ego fighting for control, didn't seem like a big enough dose for that?

Maybe with warmer weather now he could spend more time walking around outside since he felt better moving instead of just laying in bed in the dark quiet room like he planned.

Thanks

Well, I think psychedelic experience is not for everybody, perhaps he was on a bad state of mind to start with, perhaps he is a little bit schizophrenic?. It is known that this substances are forbidden for this kind of mental illness. Hope all is better, seriously I think your friend have to be on a supporting environment, to have a nice day, to meditate, before he try it again and I would not do it on higher dose but with an even smaller dose. Let at least a week between trials.

• Shadowlord likes this

#6 Harlow

Harlow

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

Hey there 3369,

You will find some of the most amazing people here, they have great experience and even greater hearts.  However, as an (almost) complete noob to all this, I would like to add my personal experience so far.  I have only done this three times now, the last three weeks.  Below are some highlights which have greatly helped me already.  And please, anyone correct me on anything, add to this, or anything you see fit.  I try to proof read and make sure I have completely written things down, but as a nood I may have forgotten to add something.  And always, everyone also has their own opinions and ways of looking at things.

1. Make a tea, with fresh ginger and a little honey.  Cut the ginger into small chunks and steep the entire time the mushies are steeping, and make sure you drink ginger chunks.  Also, cut some thin slices of ginger and suck on them right after drinking the tea; I even like to have a few more slices periodically just in case/for fun.  Just don't chew fresh ginger right away as it is very strong, suck on it first.  This GREATLY helped with the stomach issues.  In fact yesterday was my largest dose so far, and this helped really made a difference.

2. (SET) At first, try to get him to think of this as more of a show/movie, or even better a shaman or wise woman telling a story which you can see and feel.  Seriously here, I am not trying to take away anything from the magic...I truly believe they open your eyes (or I should say your eye?) and mind to reality.  They break down the constructs which have been placed to remove us from love, earth, God, and each other.  However, we are already living in this reality, you are just seeing it in a different way than you are used to, you are safe.  The mushrooms truly guide and teach you, and this teaching/guiding may happen on your first experience or your 30th.  But what you really need to do it allow it to be shown to you...good, bad, ugly, beautiful, and watch it all thankfully.  This is the important part: They are showing you, and no matter what you see, watch it with amazement, awe, happiness, and thankfulness for this experience.

Yesterday was the largest does I have ever taken (of my three times) and I saw all types of things...but watching as a student with mind open and with thankfulness, nothing of the terrible things bothered me, in fact I was still enjoying it, and the beauty was amazing.

3. (Setting) I was with someone else, it was their third time also.  But I truly believe having them there was still crucial for me at that time.  It gave me a person to talk to, we explained things to each other, they were an anchor for me and cleared me of any potential anxiety I may have had otherwise.  Other than than...my house was cleaned up good enough, I did not have any chores or pressing matters, nothing to stress me at the time.  I let go, was comfortable, and had a happy place to be.  This is also critical as it allows you to truly experience what is be shown to you, and allows you to focus on it with gratitude and amazement.

• Myc, coorsmikey, Shadowlord and 3 others like this

#7 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,606 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:38 PM

One gram is not much more than a microdose and would not result in any sort of real trip, unless he were using some sort of woodlover species as I think happened to me recently. Cubensis mushrooms one gram is barely enough to feel much of anything other than just as he said maybe a vague sort of change which could easily translate into stress and discomfort which never really develops into anything more than that. If he wants to explore his consciousness I suggest as someone above said, increase your dosage to 2-3 grams and see where you end up. I think your friend might enjoy that providing they have a good head on their shoulders, and I think most people do. If there is a lot of fear associated and you are in a situation where nobody can know you are tripping, you might want to reconsider and wait until the time is right. Having went to all the trouble to grow them though, I think now you need to experience them. Good luck whatever you decide to do. 

Peace...

• coorsmikey and Shadowlord like this

#8 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,951 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:10 PM

Welcome 3369. 

From personal experience, cubensis can be a little finicky sometimes. They tend to make me cold - even on hot summer days. Others have reported similar discomfort. 

I can attest to that as well. I struggle with them quite often as I'll feel all cold and sick and uninterested in things.

I still grow them because they are fun to grow and my partner really likes them. She and some of her friends have cluster headaches and I'll share them for those folks.

I know putting mushies in lemon pre converts the active ingredients and make them much stronger. Most agree.

Perhaps it just added up to the right amount to give them a rough time.

It's a bummer when you get a curveball like that.

#9 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,606 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:45 AM

Hey there Harlow, we must have posted at about the same time. I LOVED your post. That was spot on and one of the wisest ways to approach a psychedelic experience I have seen detailed yet. That is an awesome approach, and should net you some awesome experiences. Well spoken man, well spoken. 

• Harlow likes this

#10 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

Looks like most of what could be said about this has been said....but I need to log some posts and so I will pile on a little.

I agree that the dosage was minimal. In my experience, most of what is uncomfortable about any mushroom experience is often created in the mind. It generally takes a larger amount for newbies to have a proper deconstruction of their ego...then there is the peak period where it pays off, so to speak.

Harlow's advice about making tea is something I can verify. It's much easier on the stomach in terms of nausea and such. It generally makes for a much smoother time as the medicine takes affect.

Set and setting is the biggest factor for me. Sitting inside during winter is not something I would ever recommend.

Sitting in silence somewhere has been easier for me to manage with tea versus consuming them as is. If I'm am going to be eating them then I would rather be moving....dancing, hiking, running etc. 

Another thing that really helps during the process is to make sound. Especially sound that describes whatever sensations are being felt. For example, if someone is coming on and they are feeling hung up in their gut, it can really help to allow their awareness to feel into wherever they are wonky and make some sound that comes from that place. That might sound weird...but it works really well...often the initial sound leads to other sounds as whatever is stuck unravels. 

The point being that words can keep us caught in our mind and in thought trying to figure shit out. Not fun.

A lot more could be said about the effects of sound and singing on the pyschonautic journey...for sure.

Lastly I have to wonder if leaving the mushrooms in lemon juice over night had some added effect on you friends stomach and such. I've never heard of using lemon juice in conjunction with mushrooms before. I've always taken them alone or with some apple juice in my tea. 

2 cents

• prof_it_e, Coopdog and Gubcho like this

#11 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,606 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:37 PM

I have also found an awesome method of ingestion. Eating stemmy shrooms really screws my guts up badly. The fibrous stems don't digest well at all for me and gives me one hell of a bellyache and ruins my night. I have also come to think that making tea it seems I miss out on some of the experience. Tea seems to come up on me much faster and the trip is half the duration it seems to me as it is ingesting the whole fruits. I powder mine in a coffee grinder and mix with about the same volume of honey. This results in a gray paste which is sweet and tastes good and is no problem for my guts whatsoever and is the smoothest method of ingestion I have come across yet. 

I think lemon juice is said to aid in the extraction of the psylocibin from the fruits making for a stronger tea, but honestly I never noticed that much difference from using it. 

• coorsmikey, picapau and Gubcho like this

#12 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:04 PM

I powder mine in a coffee grinder and mix with about the same volume of honey. This results in a gray paste which is sweet and tastes good and is no problem for my guts whatsoever and is the smoothest method of ingestion I have come across yet. 

I think lemon juice is said to aid in the extraction of the psylocibin from the fruits making for a stronger tea, but honestly I never noticed that much difference from using it. 

That's a nice method! And it reminds me that of my goals this year is to powder and preserve a decent quantity in honey.  I'm tinkering with idea of adding the honey in low doses to different flower and crystal essences that I make.

I was just given a small amount of an Iboga tincture recently and was surprised at how little was needed for a transcendent effect. The next day I tried an aya essence that contained no actual aya. It was made from spring water and a piece of quartz that a guy held while using aya months earlier. Apparently he held the quartz and 'uploaded' the aya frequency into the quartz with his own body and voice, while being guided by the aya. The quartz then sat in the water in the sun for several days . I took about 8 drops of it and it gave me access to neural pathways that typically require me to have ingested a plant medicine in order to access.....it was a very subtle shift but it worked.

I think this is an effect of mycelial consciousness.

But to bring it more back on the  topic of the thread....I'm not convinced the average person would be all that affected by micro-doses or vibrational essences unless they had  some potent 'mind shattering' journeys beforehand.   I could be way off base there though.  Either way I think micro dosing with honey is a next level superfood. 

• Coopdog likes this

#13 MiltonWadams

MiltonWadams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:50 AM

Does your friend maybe have an allergy? I'm still a n00b, but each of the three shroom trips I've had so far haven't left me sick at all, though I seem to need a higher dose to really get in the groove. I've just eaten them plain on an empty stomach and chew thoroughly.

#14 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,606 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:43 AM

The powder in honey stores for a couple years with no real degradation that I have noticed as well. That uploading to quartz thing is pretty cool as well. I believe that sort of thing is possible, but like you said, maybe only accessable by a minority of people. Fascinating concept though. I am fascinated with the idea of the Iboga, is it an extract or a plant material? To not distract from the threads purpose feel free to PM me. I am definitely interested. 

Edited by Coopdog, 27 March 2019 - 01:45 AM.

#15 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

The other replies are pretty comprehensive, but a slightly different perspective is that everyone’s body may respond differently. I am uncomfortable in EVERY trip, anything from mildly to severely uncomfortable. The only time the discomfort goes away is when I take high enough dose to lose sense of my body. I couldn’t imagine dosing in a social setting. You just need some experience to know what to expect for yourself and decide whether or not you want to continue.

#16 rockybia

rockybia

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

Not sure about others feelings on this, but out of my many journeys, the most enlightening experiences were the very worst of the bad ones. Complete ego death. Let me say that, in those moments (much longer than a moment though), this was utterly terrifying and felt like all of eternity opened up in front of me. The actual enlightening parts didn't come to me until the return to reality, and my many thoughts about the experiences over the coming days and weeks. Not recommended for the faint of heart- I cant imagine how anyone who is not a complete pro wouldn't be frightened by this, and even then its A LOT to take in.

• picapau and ElPirana like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!