#21 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:11 PM

So they are thankfully getting control of the infection.  He just had another surgery this morning and it went well.

Here is a pic of his leg, the black stuff is a type of foam packing that they put in where they removed infected and dead tissue.  If I understood correctly the vacuum applied (to suck out any infected, and liquefied tissue from the wound) is about 5psi.

So we think he has turned the corner, and is starting to recover.  Thank you all again for the good vibes.  You have my gratitude. 

post-136504-0-88236700-1554228593.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• leg.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 02 April 2019 - 01:12 PM.

• onediadem, Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#22 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,764 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:07 PM

Get that GoFundMe up and running Juthro.

I'm good for a few bandages and aspirin

Dude's got freakishly long toes, eh?

• Juthro likes this

#23 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:34 PM

We got all our ducks in a row for the Go Fund Me here.  I am just waiting for an official OK from his wife before I pull the trigger.   

And the dude totally has got some freakish toes, lol.  I swear they are long enough he could roll a joint with them, I just don't know if I would still want to smoke it.    :unsure:

#24 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,770 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:35 PM

LOL, My sister's toes are long like that. I tease her once in a while and tell her if I ever lost a finger I know where to come for a replacement. I am glad he is doing better!

• Juthro likes this

#25 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:37 PM

So they think that they have done the last operation on my friends leg.   They have found no more signs of infection, and have closed/covered all of the wounds with skin grafts.   They are going to keep him for another week to 10 days to make sure that they haven't missed any of the infection, and that there aren't any other complications. 

I can tell he is doing better because he is starting to get stir crazy, and is looking forward to getting the hell out of there.

I still haven't set up a go fund me for him.  His wife is worried that it will piss him off, as he is a very proud man and likely won't take what he thinks of as charity.  I figure we'll let him get settled at home, and then I'll talk to him about it myself, as I most likely have a better chance of reasoning with him then most. 

Anyway, I wanted to let people know that I hadn't  forgotten, and wasn't just flaking off.  Its a bit more complicated than that.  

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR THE GOOD VIBES!   I appreciate it more than you know.

• Skywatcher likes this

#26 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,800 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

Man, Juth good vibes to you brother, and to your friend.

And your so right about our "healthcare" (what a joke) system. My daughter had a life threatening gallbladder issue and had to have it removed, she's only 22. $70k

Fuck. My far too expensive insurance covered just enough so that the money I had saved to buy a truck could cover the rest.

I don't like the cold, but Canada is really starting to look like an option.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 15 April 2019 - 05:30 PM.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#27 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,493 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:59 PM

Juthro, I am so glad your friend looks like he may be out of the woods now. 

You are the definition in my book, of all the best qualities of a friend...................

• onediadem and Juthro like this

#28 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,800 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:02 PM

Could not agree more, and my apologies for griping, having a healthy friend or daughter is better than stuff any day.
  • Skywatcher and Juthro like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!