• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

If one does choose to microdose, every third day appears to be the consensus for optimum benefits. This is also hinted in my previous post "Microdosing after the first day: Maybe not as expected"

#2 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,112 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:29 PM

Everyone is an individual. Shrooms affect everyone differently.

One has to identify their own dose and discover what works for them.

Experiment.  Find your dose.

Edited by mushit, 22 March 2019 - 07:31 PM.

• coorsmikey and Cuboid like this

#3 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 05:46 AM

My experience of microdosing every 3rd day was that my mood went up and down too much to fit in with the rest of my conventional life (i.e. when a down day coincided with being at work it was detrimental). I'm trying 5 on 2 off now, so things will be smoother during the working week and if I'm low at the w/e it's easier to cope with. I am a chronic depression sufferer and also struggle with anxiety quite a bit the last few years.

I'm also taking quite a bit of Lion's Mane to hopefully feed my brain and get some new neurons to aid with reprogramming my brain with some more positive outlooks.

Edited by Cuboid, 23 March 2019 - 05:46 AM.

• SteampunkScientist, Oneyedraven and picapau like this

#4 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:58 PM

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. 

I just odered some Lion mane LC from Amazon. How are you growing it (or getting it)? I'm excited about getting it going.

How about Reishi? That's been touted by a close friend as a good brain supplement.

BTW, I'm sort of liking the idea of microdosing on a twice weekly schedule in order to keep a repeatable protocol for comparison. 

I realize that there is a tolerance that develops with repeated MD (as in daily). But it does not occur over time nor occur after the third day. Does anyone know what dose would be needed to get a daily MD effect? I'm sure there is some dose that would work. Not saying it is the best idea nor harmful. But I wonder if it would be double or what it would be?

I think in the worst case it might be double or triple. Psilocybin is a short acting medication, thus even taking iit daily would still allow some variation in receptor stimulation. I'm not saying it is the best regimen but it would be useful info to know in order to characterize the tolerance effect of the med.

Thoughts on this?

#5 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:55 AM

I took a not so microdose the other day. Had been a while since I had eaten mushrooms, so wantend to dip my toes in to get familiar again.

I did microdose before and the first time I took a bit too much. About .3 grams of Golden Teacher. When I did this before I was kind of mildly tripping. I can recognize the beginning stages of visual alterations at that point, and music can take me in a trance quite easily like on a higher dose - it's basically like the onset of tripping for a few hours with quicker comedown into afterglow/relaxed feelings.

The other day I took the same amount, I felt the same. It is an interesting experience, but a bit too uncomfortable to fit into 'normal life' for a few hours at least. Could be a good Sunday-dose..

Previously I changed the dose to .1 grams after that first MD experience and felt no real effect. Not sure if it helped me or not, but at that time I was working hard on some personal lifestyle changes and a few weeks of MD helped me get through it, actively or not.. Eventually I figured I didn't need it anymore and haven't tripped at all since.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 02 April 2019 - 07:01 AM.

#6 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:00 AM

"I just odered some Lion mane LC from Amazon. How are you growing it (or getting it)? I'm excited about getting it going."
LC from a supplier in my country. Started on sterile grain in jars 3 or 4 weeks ago. Grain spawn looking good now after a rather slow start. It's ready to expand to next stage but I'm not. Lack of organization really. Might stick em in the fridge to "pause" things for a week or two whilst I source hardwood chips and sawdust.

The Lions Mane I currently consume is bulk powder health supplement found on Amazon.

Edited by Cuboid, 02 April 2019 - 07:02 AM.

#7 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for your insights. There seems to be a wide range of the "microdose". I have colleagues who take 0.1 and say that is really what works for them. Hard to say what you want in a microdose as far as any perceived effect or not.

For some, 0.2 is the threshold of perception and is a totally functional and perhaps 'hyperfunctional' or hypercognitive dose if that means anything. Is that reality or just one's perception of my cognitive abilities on 0.2? It appears true in terms of productivity, creativity, feeling of well being and calmness.

So what is more important? One's perception? Or a more formal objective 'study' of the medicine?

Both probably.

Some qualities just don't have an objective measurement - calmness, feeling of well-being and such. Some qualities can be measured - memory, puzzles and such or whatever is used in such studies. I'm not a cognitive researcher but could come up with a list of these tests.

Then there is the question of placebo vs such low doses. In some ways, as Michael Pollan has said in his recent book, psilocybin is a 'super placebo', putting into effect qualities and into action intentions that are part of our own consciousness. That is, the med does not impart an intent into our psyche that is totally foreign. How could it.

But this is what makes these meds so wonderful. They are dosed at intervals far outside their duration of effect whether taken as micro or macro dose. Few, if any, psychoactive drugs are administered in this fashion.

I'm quite interested in the effects of the non-psilocybes both with an without psilocybin. Please follow or comment here as well.

https://mycotopia.ne...d-dosing/page-2

• RutgerHauer likes this

#8 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,780 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

My experience of microdosing every 3rd day was that my mood went up and down too much to fit in with the rest of my conventional life (i.e. when a down day coincided with being at work it was detrimental). I'm trying 5 on 2 off now, so things will be smoother during the working week and if I'm low at the w/e it's easier to cope with. I am a chronic depression sufferer and also struggle with anxiety quite a bit the last few years.

I'm also taking quite a bit of Lion's Mane to hopefully feed my brain and get some new neurons to aid with reprogramming my brain with some more positive outlooks.

I've noticed similar effects with microdosing, typically the second day after a dose seems more "down" - I find that to be the case with full doses as well.

I'm am unsure why this is. One possible reason may have to do with cannabis, which I happen to like, probably more than I should.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 15 April 2019 - 05:21 PM.

#9 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:59 PM

I've noticed similar effects with microdosing, typically the second day after a dose seems more "down" - I find that to be the case with full doses as well.

I'm am unsure why this is. One possible reason may have to do with cannabis, which I happen to like, probably more than I should.

These are just anecdotal reports but I have not heard of 'down' days on day 2 in the on-off-off dosing regimen In fact, the second day seems to tend toward a feeling of well being. Fadiman in his book, Psychedelic Explorer . . ., describes this as well in the section on microdosing.

How does

Don't know how cannabis affects that. But your impression is valuable and duly noted.

I have one a couple of suggestions.

• Take first thing in the morning on empty stomach or just with coffee, for ex, no food.
  • Modafinil stacked with your MD can give wonderful results if the MD tends to make you sleepy at all. I would suggest a 50 mg modafinil or armodafinil dose (1/4 of a 200 mg tablet - about like a 'cup of coffee' in strength). The enhanced mood of the modaf dose will synergize with that of the MD to give an ultra creative and pleasant experience that perhaps may carry over to day 2.

When you are doing 5 on, 2 off, what is your dose on the 5 days? Do you note a diminishing effect from day 1 to day 5?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!