Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Solo Tripping 101... what should the new psychonaught know?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Athanasius

Athanasius

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

I'm new to psychedelics and while there are a couple of people I could ask to trip sit me the people who I know that would be cool don't often overlap with the people I would trust not to talk about the fact that I'm tripping.  The one person I would trust not to jack with me is my brother but he just sees it as a neat high and I think having him around might mess with my set  / setting.   

IF someone is going to solo trip, what should the know / how should they prepare?  

If the choice is solo in ideal setting vs with a trip sitter in less than ideal which is better in your opinion? 

• picapau likes this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:48 PM

If you're new to psychedelics, go low and trip with a friend who goes low - microdose and above - that way you can compare experiences. Based upon your assessment of the experience, you then have a bench mark from which to compare all future analysis. ;)

The experience seems to be self guiding. You'll grok soon enough. 

• WolfWhiz, picapau and Ocitown like this

#3 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

I always went solo initially. Still do the majority of the time.

I agree with MYC about setting benchmarks by starting with a smaller dose and working up to something more epic over time. I would do that if I could go back and do it over.

I don't think it can be overstated how important it is, in terms of having smooth productive experiences, that you develop a coherent relationship with the medicine.

Set and setting....limit any foreseeable distractions so that you are available to listen. Some place in nature is desirable...but not necessary.

My first experience was with two friends and we drove to a hot springs in the sierra. When we got there the place was closed and we had already eaten the mushrooms. All I really remember is being the one to drive when it hit us that someone needed to drive. I remember it being a lot of fun just to feel the effects...but in retrospect not something I'd ever want to duplicate that high. I think I might have had 3 plus grams. Driving was weird..lol

Ultimately, I suppose a lot of it has to do with your intention for the experience. The more clear you can be the better off you'll be in terms of having a reference point for anything you might experience....even if it's just about having fun.

I hope you have fun.  Good for you~

• Myc, coorsmikey and Athanasius like this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,907 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:30 PM

You need a trip sitter on your first big trip, period. This has ruined more peoples impression of psychedelics than any other reason. So many reasons to not trip alone other than afraid of your vibe getting messed up. I would say wait to trip until you do find someone you are comfy with.

• Coopdog, Athanasius and AlteredEgo like this

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:33 PM

However silly it may sound, I mean what could go wrong with a solo trip in a good set and setting, Right? Buuuuuuttttt lets say if something were to get a lil weird and if it wasn't weird then it wouldn't be interesting. It will get weird if you do it right. If it gets too weird for you to handle, just remember that it will not last forever and enjoy the weird while ya can. Are we talking mushrooms here in this experience? Doesn't matter, time will dilate anyways and you can look at an actual clock to remind you that even if it feels like forever, will be over in a few hours. Prepare for multiple ways to entertain yourself. Have some cold clean water on hand. Have some healthy snacks available that you could access even if you were, um maybe too high to prepare. Unplug any televisions. Clean your area beforehand. Have a good playlist or music that you don't have to fiddle with while the walls are melting. I suggest being out in nature or as close as you can get to it. The best part of tripping alone is no one to bring ya down but yourself, the worst part is no one to share and collaborate the wonderful experience.  Turn off social media, whatever it is it can wait till the next day to share. Oh yeah, comfortable clothes if you decide to wear any at all lol. But if whatever reason, you are not having the time of your life, it will end after a few hours. Read around a bit and know that an inadequate dose can cause some anxiety and may not meet expectations. For most people, it can be much more uncomfortable than a level 5 trip. Either way you choose, with a lil reseach on the medicine you are anticipating, it will wear off whether you enjoy or fear it. Good Vibes to you!

Edited by coorsmikey, 29 March 2019 - 08:56 AM.

• Coopdog, WolfWhiz, picapau and 1 other like this

#6 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:00 PM

If you're new to psychedelics, go low and trip with a friend who goes low - microdose and above - that way you can compare experiences. Based upon your assessment of the experience, you then have a bench mark from which to compare all future analysis. ;)

The experience seems to be self guiding. You'll grok soon enough. 

LOL, I love the way you phrased that... the hair of the dog if you lose respect...

#7 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:19 PM

i forgot to mention how much being barefoot helps me get dialed in.

in the grass...forest duff...or sand. something about that barefoot connection affects my whole body.

as to your question solo vs sitter?  i think it's  different for everyone most every time to some degree.  

might be best to trust your own intuition about that.

• coorsmikey and Coopdog like this

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,907 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:34 AM

It's called earthing..

[Direct Link]

This one is better, albeit longer..

[Direct Link]

Edited by onediadem, 29 March 2019 - 01:37 AM.

• Wimzers, picapau and Ocitown like this

#9 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:44 AM

I vote for getting your brother in on it and trying to get him to play along if possible. I also suggest not starting too awful small. I suggest at least two grams, just because sometimes just enough to feel is often tense and uncomfortable. You want to at least have enough get some closed eye visuals and open eye fractals and a bit of color enhancement to make it interesting. Two grams will get you to that point but not much further with cubensis. You never did say what you intend to trip on, and that is relevent here. For me I like to eat mushrooms at bedtime and have the lights off and put some earplugs in so I have as little sensory interruptions as possible and just explore the world on the inside of my eyeballs and let it do it's magic on my soul. For me mushrooms are a very personal and quiet thing, for the first couple of hours, then music and other things are good after the initial part of the trip is over, while LSD is most certainly a social drug for me. It all makes a difference.

• Athanasius likes this

#10 Athanasius

Athanasius

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:58 AM

I'll be on cubes... As long as they cooperate and grow

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

#11 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,878 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:55 PM

One thing about solo tripping, which is my preferred method: learn to listen to the sacraments, because sometimes they will tell you that a particular time is not right.

If you feel that being communicated to you, don't ignore it.

This can be very hard if you had your mind set on a trip, but truthfully once you have some experience with the sacraments, you will be able to hear them.

You also need to be able to discern between the fear of the ego, and the quiet grounded voice of the mushroom.
  • onediadem, roc and Alder Logs like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!