• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ocitown

Ocitown

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:03 PM

The Tech Is very specific mixing BRP with vermiculite but I keep reading people using “grains”.

Has the Tech been revised somewhere or is the BRP also considered “grains”?

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,128 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:01 PM

What Tech/s are you speaking of? What is BRP? PF(Psilocybe Fananticus)or AKA BRF Tech. involves BRF=Brown Rice Flour and vermiculite and yes there are lots of tweaks people have made over the years. Generally if one was using Grain it is for spawn but, regardless of what and how that the grain is used that would be a different Tech than "Has the tech been revised" question. BRF and grain require different sterilization and hydration practices from one another and No BRP is not considered "grains".

Edited by coorsmikey, 30 March 2019 - 07:53 PM.

• Ocitown likes this

#3 Ocitown

Ocitown

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:55 PM

What Tech/s are you speaking of? What is BRP? PFor AKA BRF Tech. involves BRF=Brown Rice Flour and vermiculite and yes there are lots of tweaks people have made over the years. Generally if one was using Grain it is for spawn but, regardless of what and how that the grain is used that would be a different Tech than "Has the tech been revised" question. BRF and grain require different sterilization and hydration practices from one another and No BRP is not considered "grains".

Thank you for the clarification.

I come from another world of organic growing where powder and flower and sometimes meal are often used meaning ground up.
Magic for the Masses I believe was the most current Tech I found.
My concentration will be to find success within that known Tech.
This is my first day so much reading is ahead of me.
I’ll take any advice I can find and again Thank You!

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,128 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

Yeah the MFTM BRF tek is collectively the PF tek with the easiest for beginner tweaks added to it. Like a different lids and fruiting chamber for example. IIRC. Fruiting from whole grains cased with vermiculite is a bit different but basically the same. Such grain teks, especially from a jar, are take-offs from what we call the Oss& Oeric tek.

#5 Ocitown

Ocitown

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:49 AM

Yeah the MFTM BRF tek is collectively the PF tek with the easiest for beginner tweaks added to it. Like a different lids and fruiting chamber for example. IIRC. Fruiting from whole grains cased with vermiculite is a bit different but basically the same. Such grain teks, especially from a jar, are take-offs from what we call the Oss&[/size] Oeric tek.[/size]

Yea I’m seeing other online videos using another tek with 64oz jars and bird seed,gonna KISS using the MFTM tek before any tweeks at all.

Still searching for the smartest starter on the west coast,I hear being a VIP here can aid in this quite a bit.......pm me if u have any input please.

Edited by Ocitown, 31 March 2019 - 11:51 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!