• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:10 AM

Here's another one with pictures that somebody posted at the SporeLab Forums. It's definately worth checking out:
http://www.sporelab....opic.php?t=7674

K so The First thing to do is Prepare your stuff and Make Sure everything is Perfectly Clean and Sterile

I usually Take Tinfoil and Fold it Over about 3 or 4 times and Cut it into perfect Squarez so that the mushroom will fill it out nicely instead of odd shaped tinfoil which isnt really appealing to the eye (who cares though eh?)

SouthPArk does so listen up!!!

So once You have Squarez cut up you wanna CLEAN them......Go buy some 99% ISO or 70% if your hurt and Give them a Good Wipe down before you print on them...(the more % the quicker it evaporates so get the 99% if your impatient like meh...) But once you Aline your Squarez in Rows or if you wanna do a Big sheet of Tinfoil thats fine but for me I like to Single the little bastards out for trading and whatnot but Just make sure the Tinfoil IS CLEAN!!! This is the most crucial Part to Prinitng and if you Drool or are a hairy bastard then it's not gonna work so Make sure it's 100% CLEAN

So once you lay out your Tinfoil you wanna Find a Container to Cover it with....Either a LArge Popcorn bowl(CLEAN) or sumthing that will cover all the caps with....and allow small amount of airflow..... You can either wedge an eraser under one side or what I do is use put the popcornContainer over 95% of the area and leave 5% over the edge of the surface.... that way nothing's gonna get blown in from one side rather it's gonna need alot of airflow to blow shit up and under it so whatever works for you but the Prints need to Breath and if it's Covered completley your wasting your time.....well Im not sure what happenz if it's completley covered but in order for them to Dry out for storage it needs Air Flow!

Anywayz... So now thay you have a CLEAN Worksurface and your tin foil your Ready to Begin Harvesting your Caps and begin to Print....

Take a Razor or Knife or whatever you've got and make a Clean straight Cut along the Stem and Try and make it straight as possible otherwise shit's gonna wobble and not stand up.....

PC300216.jpg

Then Take the Same Razor and Cut a + into the Stem like so....

PC300220.jpg

Now here's the Tricky Part......Take a Tac and Kinda Nudge in the back part to PRess out the Sides and kinda force the stem to make kinda table legs or sumthing.....

PC300223.jpg

PC300226.jpg

Then just Take that Tac(CLEAN) and poke it through the top center of the shroom and this will act as a handle for when you remove it without smudging the print and also if the shroom is wacked out and isnt normal or doesnt stand straight sumtimez i'll put it off to a side and it'lll equal out the balance but mainly for removing the cap..

PC300232.jpg

Then just Do however many Caps your gonna do and Lay them out like so....

PC300235.jpg

Then Wait about 12-24 hours for the Caps to Drop their Loads and once you've got a nice dark print you can then remove the caps and dry them and also give the Print a day or two to completley dry out....moisture isnt good for long term storage so make sure their 100% dry!!

PC300238.jpg

Once Dried you can then proceed to packaging........Most people will just cover Tinfoil with tinfoil but ah.... the VAcume Sealer is the way!!

I'll just Seal up a Bag per normal and make Slots for Prints to fall into and Carefully Take each Print with (CLEAN HANDZ) and Slide them down into the Vacume Bag(CLEAN) And once you feel their in the right spot just Close the Sealer and Seal in a Few Directions and this is what you wanna end up with....

PC300240.jpg

Then Take a Razor and Cut carefully to seperate them....

P9180075.jpg

and Thats that.... LAbel It and you'll have Prints for a LOOONG LOOONG TIME.....I usually store them in Big thick books where nobody would even have a clue to look and even if they did their stuck in the middle part so unless they know the specific pages.... their outta luck...

Anyhootz... That's all 4 now.....

SouthPArk

Edited by Sidestreet, 02 March 2018 - 05:21 AM.

#2 drtask

drtask

funguy.of.caps

• Expired Member
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:06 PM

that's a great pictorial!!! very helpful for the newbie.

#3 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

Nice link.

#4 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:52 PM

That's probably the easiest way to do it for ease of handling. My only concern is where he's doing this, is it in open air or not?

#5 SouthPArk

SouthPArk

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:16 PM

Once the pins are placed, it's covered with a big bowl and a small crack for air circulation.

#6 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:04 PM

Beautiful :)

#7 mikeownow

mikeownow

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:23 PM

I skip the pin and just set the cap on tin foil and cover... It has worked for me.

#8 SouthPArk

SouthPArk

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:32 AM

I skip the pin and just set the cap on tin foil and cover... It has worked for me.

Id Rather be neat with my printz!

but then again...thats my own opinion!~

#9 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:51 AM

well..all i know is that this is a great way to take prints....
and it has LOTS of pics with it too...best way to learn
if your teaching yourself....;)

archive material / printing

#10 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:18 AM

well, mike's kind of a newb
so what can you say.

it's far better to make sure the cap doesn't get touched
and a pin accomplishes that rather neatly.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!