• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:24 AM

Candida auris 220px-Candida-auris_2016-250px.jpg Scientific classification Kingdom: Division: Class: Order: Family: Genus: Species:
C. auris
Binomial name Candida auris
Type strain DSM 21092[2]

Candida auris is a species of fungus which grows as yeast, first described in 2009.[1] It is one of the few species of the genus Candida which cause candidiasis in humans. Candidiasis is often acquired in hospitals by patients with weakened immune systemsC. auris can cause invasive candidiasis in which the bloodstream (fungemia), the central nervous system, and internal organs are infected. It has recently attracted increased attention because of its multidrug resistance. Treatment is also complicated because it is easily misidentified as other Candida species. C. auris was first described after it was isolated from the ear canal of a 70-year-old Japanese woman at the Tokyo Metropolitan Geriatric Hospital in Japan in 2009. The first cases of disease-causing C. auris were reported from South Korea in 2011, spread across Asia and Europe to arrive in the U.S. in 2016.

• Skywatcher likes this

#2 MiltonWadams

MiltonWadams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

I read about that this morning in the Times. Apparently it's resistant to all medical fungicides, and is a problem for people with compromised immune systems.

Sometimes I can't help but think that Gaia is starting to run out of patience with us...

Edited by MiltonWadams, 06 April 2019 - 05:38 PM.

• DreamingRaven and WolfWhiz like this

#3 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,112 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

Just another way Mother Nature tries to keep a handle on the weak to strengthen the population.

Too bad we are trying to control that process.

• WolfWhiz likes this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:00 PM

My mom was am AMA type nurse when I was a kid.  At any sign of coming down with something, I would get wide spectrum antibiotics.  No wonder at all that my blood had yeasts flourishing for much of my life, with who knows how many side issues because of it.   I have refused antibiotics now for fifty years, taking my chances with letting my immune system take care of whatever bug might get me, and counting on homegrown antibodies to be there next time that bug, or its close cousin, comes by.  

• WolfWhiz likes this

#5 DreamingRaven

DreamingRaven

Seeker

• VIP
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:04 AM

I was a nurse for over 25 years for the military, worked in a lab for most of it, and we saw this candida infestation a lot. I am surprised that it is just now being noticed in the civilian world, or is it just now being talked about ? It would not surprise me if it was not common knowledge outside the military, I saw first hand our governments around the world hide things from the pubic eye.

As a native american I feel like one day Mother Earth will shake us off like fleas and wipe us out, we're like a disease, or parasites, and she won't take it forever.

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, Oneyedraven and 1 other like this

#6 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,763 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:22 AM

this might be the orginal article on the topic

quite a pile of hyperbole on top of a possibly plausible threat

https://www.naturaln...population.html

• WolfWhiz likes this