Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

ALL COMMUNITY OUTDOOR MUSHROOMS GROWERS THREAD JOIN IN !

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 763 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2021 - 12:19 AM

I'm getting pretty excited for the warm weather to come so I can grow outdoors.

#62 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 681 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:48 AM

Lol, I started prepping my outdoor space as it was in the 50's for weeks. Negatives this whole week with snow!

• Moonless likes this

#63 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 763 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2021 - 10:51 AM

Dude same here. The polar vortex has hit me pretty hard, there's ice everywhere!

#64 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:08 AM

I would certainly like to have some remote radio data loggers to gather environmental information right where the "wild ones" grow.....

Spring is coming for the north and fall for the south......outdoors growing is incredible....

Cubes LOVE some wet green shade outside....

A

#65 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:27 AM

I'd love to start a bed of Gymnopilus Luteofolius, as I'm sure they grow around the great lake state. Anyone know anything about these?

#66 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:43 AM

I'd love to start a bed of Gymnopilus Luteofolius, as I'm sure they grow around the great lake state. Anyone know anything about these?

Others are talking about Gym's here https://mycotopia.ne...pilus-spp-grow/

I don't see any reason you couldn't.......

A

#67 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:07 AM

Spring temperatures are good for cubes here. I have a flowerbed that can use mulch. I have three spent subs from test clones that I let rain spores. They are dried up but not contaminated. I was wondering if I could add them to the food processor with water, and soak straw in a thin slurry, drain and repeat with several 5 gallon buckets: of slurry treated straw. Then add that as a base layer of gulch instead north face of the house and top that with suppress much to hold it all in place . This bed gets a ton of runoff from the roof so the idea is raise the grade, beautify the front of the house, and let the odd flush of cubes pop up.

Can I do this without being overly sterile? Like, not at all sterile or pasteurized? To colonize straw in buckets or bins I’m going to have to have clean straw?

#68 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 681 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:12 AM

If it's going outside why be sterile? Sounds like overkill but I'm curious about your results.

I tend to just break it up by hand mix it up with straw, compost, and throw a shoebox ontop as a "humidity dome". Give it a good rinse for a few weeks and go from there.

I've occasionally done a lime pasteurization, but lately I just throw down my straw, throw snow on top, and hope the spring brings fruits.

Edited by rockyfungus, 27 February 2021 - 09:14 AM.

#69 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:50 AM

Spring temperatures are good for cubes here. I have a flowerbed that can use mulch. I have three spent subs from test clones that I let rain spores. They are dried up but not contaminated. I was wondering if I could add them to the food processor with water, and soak straw in a thin slurry, drain and repeat with several 5 gallon buckets: of slurry treated straw. Then add that as a base layer of gulch instead north face of the house and top that with suppress much to hold it all in place . This bed gets a ton of runoff from the roof so the idea is raise the grade, beautify the front of the house, and let the odd flush of cubes pop up.

Can I do this without being overly sterile? Like, not at all sterile or pasteurized? To colonize straw in buckets or bins I’m going to have to have clean straw?

It's always a race condition. Our work is to provide an environment in which the targeted/desired organism wins the race so to speak....just make a retirement home for your spent subs and check it every so often. Outside I tend to just add substrates and see what happens, see which fungi or other organism "wins".....

Just my own views of it....

A

• rockyfungus likes this

#70 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:11 PM

Farmer's Almanac says the PNW will have a very wet , very cool summer...

Perfect for mushroom cultivation!

post-104353-0-04771300-1614445871.png

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot from 2021-02-27 09-09-36.png

Edited by hyphaenation, 27 February 2021 - 12:11 PM.

#71 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,005 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2021 - 01:27 PM

OH  BOY  SPRINGS COMMING ..............Who has out door Ovoid beds .?  they  fruit more in Spring then fall  ..? 

#72 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:35 PM

Damn that looks sweet hyph, cool and damp.....yeah buddy....might need some supplemental water in the autumn......

A

Edited by Arathu, 27 February 2021 - 02:36 PM.

#73 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 763 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 07:37 PM

I have a small patch of texas yellow cap in my balcony garden. It is made from two half pint jars shaken and burried in potting soil.

If it doesn't work I have a small mycobag of brown rice at about 80% colonization that I can make into a cake to burry if this bed doesn't work out.

Crossing my fingers for fruits.97 (3).jpg
  • Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!