• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:59 PM

I have bombarded this thread with topics.. Well no more! I'm gonna keep my posts and questions on here now. 

It's been approximately 2 weeks and 5 days since I've introduced my penis envy to fruiting conditions and I am patiently waiting for pins. 

56236253_378581289404990_7275876076339855360_n.jpg   This is my setup.. i keep my tub area at 70-73. I air out the area around my

tub 2-3 times a day. 

I mist and fan twice a day, 12 hours or so in between. My light cycle is the same, 12 hours a day.

7a.jpg    this is the current state of it. it has definitely spread out a lot more, hoping to see pins soon but not rushing them at the same time. Im sure the best advice y'all could give me is to wait so that's what I'm doing.

If you have any tips let me know! I will post all my progress here from now on.

Edited by TabbyBoy, 07 April 2019 - 08:00 PM.

• coorsmikey and Billcoz like this

#2 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:58 PM

Update me on that casing material.
It looks like it's got a lot of roughage in it.

Nice to see you start your own thread and keep everything about this grow in one place.

• coorsmikey and TabbyBoy like this

#3 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:16 PM

Nice to see you start your own thread and keep everything about this grow in one place.

https://www.amazon.c...=gateway&sr=8-1

This is the casing i used. It does not specify what it consists of. Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by roughage?

I have wondered about the big chunks and thought maybe i should pick them out if they're too heavy for the pins to get through. Each of the big chunks has fuzz under it but it also has a little bit on the bottom. Will these chunks keep it from pinning? some are flat pieces about a half in inch wide, One of them is like a stick almost, and the rest are like large chunks of dirt or bark or something. When lifting these up i can see the fuzz that i see on the top of the smaller chunks but they never escape from under the chunks. Should i remove them?

Edited by TabbyBoy, 07 April 2019 - 10:42 PM.

#4 roc

roc

• 7,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:16 AM

This is the casing i used. It does not specify what it consists of. Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by roughage?

I have wondered about the big chunks and thought maybe i should pick them out if they're too heavy for the pins to get through. Each of the big chunks has fuzz under it but it also has a little bit on the bottom. Will these chunks keep it from pinning? some are flat pieces about a half in inch wide, One of them is like a stick almost, and the rest are like large chunks of dirt or bark or something. When lifting these up i can see the fuzz that i see on the top of the smaller chunks but they never escape from under the chunks. Should i remove them?

The big chunks were what I was referring to as roughage.
I don't know if it pick them out now.

Next time sift if  or better yet stay away from it and go with seed starter or vermiculite.

• Billcoz and TabbyBoy like this

#5 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:41 AM

The big chunks were what I was referring to as roughage.
I don't know if it pick them out now.

Next time sift if  or better yet stay away from it and go with seed starter or vermiculite.

considering they have myc on the bottom of the chunks, How about instead of removing them completely I lift them off of the myc patches and set them to the side? would this be safer than removing them? It definitely seems like those chunks have slowed it all down.

Edited by TabbyBoy, 08 April 2019 - 10:42 AM.

#6 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:44 AM

Also, do you think since my tub is kinda translucent then my lighting might not be sufficient enough? I've thought about putting them on the tub instead of the inside of the chest.

Y'all have also said that they don't need much lighting.

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,050 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:25 PM

They don't need much light. If you can see the mushrooms, they're getting enough light.
  • TabbyBoy likes this

#8 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:36 PM

They don't need much light. If you can see the mushrooms, they're getting enough light.

Alright good to know.

#9 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:50 PM

57038328_602999613551759_742259176403422 This is the current progress. 

#10 roc

roc

• 7,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:32 PM

I guess my forecast for pins over the weekend was off!
I don't understand why these are stalled.

The picture is too small for me to see any knotting but the center area still looks like you have growth.

#11 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:38 PM

I guess my forecast for pins over the weekend was off!
I don't understand why these are stalled.

The picture is too small for me to see any knotting but the center area still looks like you have growth.

Im giving them their alone time. I make sure it stays wet but i havent been misting directly just very lightly and on the walls. 

Just gonna keep waiting. I know these are tricky, Hopefully it still works and i get some fruits.

• roc likes this

#12 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:13 PM

Still no pins. Same condition. Should i just like make the walls really wet and leave it alone for a few days?

#13 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,050 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:30 AM

Spray it wet. Loosely drop a piece of bubble wrap on it and leave it three days
  • TabbyBoy and JanetPlanet like this

#14 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,050 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:31 AM

And not the walls. Directly on the substrate.
  • TabbyBoy likes this

#15 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:11 AM

Spray it wet. Loosely drop a piece of bubble wrap on it and leave it three days

Alright ill go get some bubblewrap today

#16 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:43 PM

Should i keep my light cycle going?

#17 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,050 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

Are they in a spot with ambient light? If they are in ambient light during the day just use that. If you have to provide light, turn it off a couple days.
  • TabbyBoy likes this

#18 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:25 PM

Are they in a spot with ambient light? If they are in ambient light during the day just use that. If you have to provide light, turn it off a couple days.

I provide it LED light. Ill turn it off for the time being 

#19 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:23 PM

I can attest to jkdeths suggestion.  My grow had stalled.  So I put a layer of bubblewrap on them and left for a couple days as he suggested (leave a little space on the sides of the tubs, aka don't completely cover it).  This creates a CO2 layer.

After two days of the bubble wrap, my tub had exploded with knots and I had fruits within a week.  

• Cuboid, TabbyBoy and JanetPlanet like this

#20 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 AM

57190352_2215299025160310_4896702122659158033162_2233524643564694_7188472035872357232237_409166266595102_10344120912109857821889_410682723044404_196078754856121 

This is how it looks now. It definitely has tons of knotting now. How should i treat it to make it pin? what should my misting and fanning cycle be?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!