• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 102 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:51 AM

I don't really think there is a good answer on how often you should mist/fan.  

I have heard that a perfectly made monotub requires nothing as it maintains its own climate (humidity and FAE).  However with my own, I usually mist and fan once in the morning and once at night.  I could be wrong, but you sort of just need to figure it out for yourself.  

I would say the biggest thing that decides it is how the substrate looks.  If it is dry, you should increase misting.  In my own tubs, I know the humidity is good if there is condensation on the sides of the tub and a little on the lid.  I know the humidity is too high if there is a ton of condensation, leading to water droplets, on the lid.  I mist the substrate directly, but hold my sprayer about 2ft above it so a light mist falls down NOT large, heavy droplets.  If you spray the sides of the tub, it is basically impossible to know how the humidity of the tub is.  I will increase/decrease misting depending on the condensation I described above. 

Just have to eyeball and apply patience.  Penis Envy takes forever but I promise it will pay off:)

Edited by LegoMyego, Yesterday, 08:55 AM.

#22 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,050 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 09:46 AM

If its dry mist it. Did you bubble wrap? If so put it back for two more days
  • TabbyBoy likes this

#23 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:41 AM

If its dry mist it. Did you bubble wrap? If so put it back for two more days

Yes that is after the bubble wrap. Okay i will put it on for 2 more days.

Thanks jk. Im excited to see how it looks 2 days from now after all the help that did 

Edited by TabbyBoy, Yesterday, 10:46 AM.

#24 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,050 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 10:51 AM

Hard to be patient with PE. Slow fruiting is normal. You're going to get fruit.
  • TabbyBoy likes this

#25 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 198 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:29 PM

Hard to be patient with PE. Slow fruiting is normal. You're going to get fruit.

Definitely has been hard to be patient, but after its been a month already I'm just thinking it'll come when it comes. maybe worrying about it less will make it come faster. good to know you're confident that I'll get fruit. It definitely seems like its making progress, can't be for nothing.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!