Paradox
©
Fisana

Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Fungicidal spray


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

    Mycotopiate

  • Free Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:16 PM

How long is fungicidal spray active on surfaces? Say I spray down a monotub or something that will come in direct contact with mycelium/substrate, how long would I need to wait until it's safe to proceed
  • Billcoz likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

    Hippiecritical

  • App Administrator
  • 5,923 posts

Donator


Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:48 PM

Usually, the label will give you some indication of what the name of the product is. Once you know what it is, the label on the back will lead you to more info. If you cared to share any of that info as well, then some of us could search the net for SDS info, reviews and even possibly give you some first-hand experience review. A lot of us around here usually steer clear from fungicides unless our toenails are turning yellow.


  • Microbe and DaveyJonez like this

#3 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

    Mycotopiate

  • Free Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:47 PM

Uh oh.. I've been using this stuff A LOT.. I haven't had any problems yet.. Maybe it doesn't work that well ee266a5e3f0e084582c5c9195dabfa64.jpg

#4 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

    Mycotopiate

  • Free Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:00 AM

All I can find is that you're supposed to leave the surface wet for 10 minutes to ensure efficacy

#5 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

    Mycotopiate

  • Free Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:01 PM

What DO most people use for disinfectant?

#6 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

    Mycotopiate

  • OG VIP
  • 1,466 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:47 PM

I use a PC, alcohol and a UV lamp :-).


  • Microbe and DaveyJonez like this

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

    Hippiecritical

  • App Administrator
  • 5,923 posts

Donator


Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:40 PM

It's just aerosolized ethanal with a few things to help break down the cell walls. It will evaporate 99.64346319% completely assuming that the 55% "Other Ingredients" is water (most likely) as that will also slow down the evaporation rate to allow the cell walls to be destroyed more effectively. If for whatever reason there is any residue left behind like splatter or streaks, you can scrape that up and build a micro solid fuel rocket with the sodium nitrite.


  • Microbe and DaveyJonez like this

#8 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

    Mycotopiate

  • Free Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:58 AM

It's just aerosolized ethanal with a few things to help break down the cell walls. It will evaporate 99.64346319% completely assuming that the 55% "Other Ingredients" is water (most likely) as that will also slow down the evaporation rate to allow the cell walls to be destroyed more effectively. If for whatever reason there is any residue left behind like splatter or streaks, you can scrape that up and build a micro solid fuel rocket with the sodium nitrite.

So since it's just ethanol it's okay to use? Assuming of course I don't spray it directly on anything I'd want to survive

#9 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

    Psychochump

  • VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:26 PM

"TOTAL...... 100%"

Edited by PinkMenace, 13 April 2019 - 04:27 PM.

  • DaveyJonez likes this

#10 Cuboid

Cuboid

    Mycotopiate

  • Free Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:45 PM

In my limited experience I have used only 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (the other 30% is water). I spray surfaces with it and let it sit and evaporate. I mist the air inside make shift SAB's with it to help knock down any airborne particles. Always let it settle and evap before going anywhere near it with a flame ...

 

Recently made up a 10% solution of Dettol in a spray bottle (UK antibacterial/antiviral cleaning product which I think is very similar to Lysol in the US of A). Haven't used it for mycological stuff yet but that is what it's destined for.

 

Pressure Cooker for sterilising jars of grain, glassware and tools etc.


  • DaveyJonez likes this




Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!