• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:46 PM

So, I have a grain project going and just stumbled upon my pressure cooker which I thought I had lost. So, now I want to do a round of BRC later on. 

I have done them in the past(about 12 years ago)but the info I had did not include dunking and stacking....which is a really cool innovation!

I downloaded the PF-TEK file here, read up on it and looked at the pics. My question:

When stacking the cakes is there supposed to be a  vermiculite layer between the two cakes?

That's it. TIA

#2 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,317 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:53 PM

Just curious, how do you have a vran project going, prior to finding the pressure cook?

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,037 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

I'm wondering if we need to update the acronym thread. Do I need to go visit the blue site to catch up on what BRC and Vran is?

• picapau likes this

#4 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:16 PM

Just curious, how do you have a vran project going, prior to finding the pressure cook?

I just ordered a coupe of bag kits.

what is vran?

#5 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:17 PM

I'm wondering if we need to update the acronym thread. Do I need to go visit the blue site to catch up on what BRC and Vran is?

lol....i assumed brc is brown rice cake. I think i've seen it here a few times now.

i don't know what vran is though....or the blue site for that matter.

Edited by picapau, 09 April 2019 - 07:20 PM.

#6 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:57 PM

Lol, I think "vran" was JKDeth's drunken way of spelling "grain", and "BRC" is "BRF", I'd guess.

• RutgerHauer likes this

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,317 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:58 PM

Vran is grain. When I been drinking. Apparently.

And cool.

Carry on.
  • roc, coorsmikey, Billcoz and 1 other like this

#8 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:03 PM

that's funny chit

#9 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,037 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:10 PM

I knew what Vran was lol, but because I was still on my first beer, I thought it would call it out lol. I have decided to name BRC the equivalent to BRF with the verm replaced with Coir. 

Today is national BRC day! When you dont have verm just use coir! 2:1:1

• Billcoz and picapau like this

#10 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:20 PM

Whoa, doesa that work Mikey?

• picapau likes this

#11 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:35 PM

i'm going to guess that the coir works in place of verm, just not as well perhaps.....and that there is no verm between stacked cakes.

#12 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

I'm still fucking confused... why would you want to stack cakes with something in between them?
Yea I'm fucked up so I'm waiting for the OP question to be answered.
Maybe I should go crawl into bed and dream of stacked cakes  :ph34r:

Edited by roc, 09 April 2019 - 09:04 PM.

#13 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

i don't want to put anything between them...but i've never stacked cakes before, so i'm just trying to be certain. It wasn't completely clear to me in the PDF.

I can be a little dense about some things too...maybe I should drink more?

• DreamingRaven likes this

#14 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:15 PM

Yeah you would rinse off any dried verm layer(if you had used one) before dunking and stacking in the fc. I've stacked em and they get fused together and fruit as one, some pins grew from the crack, like they were from both cakes equally, or at least I couldn't tell which cake the pins were originating from.

• picapau likes this

#15 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:30 PM

thanks Coz

• Billcoz likes this

#16 Ocitown

Ocitown

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:28 AM

Yeah you would rinse off any dried verm layer(if you had used one) before dunking and stacking in the fc. I've stacked em and they get fused together and fruit as one, some pins grew from the crack, like they were from both cakes equally, or at least I couldn't tell which cake the pins were originating from.

So after the first run you rinse off the verm,dunk then re-coat with fresh verm?

Or rinse/dunk then re stack w/o added verm?

#17 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

So after the first run you rinse off the verm,dunk then re-coat with fresh verm?

Just dunk and roll after colonization of the cake. The dried verm  Bilcoz mentions above is any verm that was used as a top layer inside the birthing jar....or whatever the correct term is there.

#18 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:39 PM

Just dunk and roll after colonization of the cake. The dried verm  Bilcoz mentions above is any verm that was used as a top layer inside the birthing jar....or whatever the correct term is there.

Exactly, the verm you roll them in after the first dunk(right after birth) should be stuck on, some might rinse off but it should have enough stuck on. I guess if most of it rinses off and it's naked you could roll it again after the first flush/dunk, but I would leave it, the myc should be used to being exposed by now.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!