28 replies to this topic

#21 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:02 AM

They have made it where people embrace the chain my friend. How many people do you know who have Alexa installed in their home? THose cute little I robot thingies that help to document your life... smart TV's, smart appliances. It is truly staggering how prevalent it is. I seriously considered throwing my phone away a couple years back, but alas... I too am now a part of the system that can't navigate without my leash on. The only way to be safe now is totally tech free and you would still be on someones radar twenty times a day. The reality is way to Orwellian to contemplate...

I am all about the smart home tech but have intentionally left the "personal assistant" part out... I like the idea of controling my lights, heat, cameras, TV, COFFEE MAKER, etc... with my phone but I am more than wary about the personal assistant listening in on my conversations and everyday life...

My house would not be nearly as clean without my smart Roomba...

Edited by PJammer24, 25 October 2019 - 11:08 AM.

#22 ilikethings

ilikethings

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 04:04 PM

@PJammer, is your Roomba WiFi connected?

With regard to all the cameras at intersections (I too see them everywhere coupled with microwave dishes for realtime streaming), many of them are license plate readers (often called by the popular brand name "Stingray").  both technically and legally, anyone can set up their own plate reader system to log all the vehicles passing their house.  RBCP (founder of the Phone Losers of America) recently did some prank calls to land lords on this topic.  It was great.  He would tell the property managers not to mess with his cameras at entrance to apartment complex because he is using them to log everyone that enters the complex...so he would know when his enemies are near!  lol.  here is link to the specific show: http://snowplowshow....de-569-oh-yeah/  The plate reader calls start at 9m:18sec.  ;)

One big thing to consider too is that it is becoming very hard to find "smart" phones that do not come preinstalled with an undeletable FB app.  And after 2020, the 2G flip phone will likely be dead since T-mobile will be dismantling its 2G network, i.e. T-Mobile is the last big 2G operator.  And most 3G networks will begin dismantling at end of 2020.  For those not in the know, the "G" in 2G, 3G, 4G, et al simply means "Generation."  they all generally operate between 700mHz and 2,200mHz.  cell phones are just radios.

Edited by ilikethings, 25 October 2019 - 04:34 PM.

#23 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:56 PM

Scary when fictional idea's become reality faster than we can enjoy them as fiction. Anyone remember this from black mirror?

[Direct Link]

hold onto your butts

Edited by flashingrooster, 25 October 2019 - 05:56 PM.

#24 ilikethings

ilikethings

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:47 PM

@flashingrooster, I watched it in its entirety.  good vid.  it depicts what I read about two years ago.  India is also implementing a similar system called the "India Financial Stack" system.  You may recall that India banned all cash over the equivalent of $10USD in 2017.  Everyone had to get fingerprinted and issued a "smart" phone to conduct transactions.  I would again strongly encourage anyone interested in such topics to view Steve Rambam's last talk at HOPE 2018: Rambaum is a conservative Jew who is not a hacker but calls for more ppl to become hackers.  He is alright in "my book."  ;)

The system discussed here re China are already in place in the USA.  FICO already uses such data.  I really liked Rambam's mention of Canadian Tire's Credit system, i.e. ppl that drive Land Rovers are the most likely to default on a loan and the ppl that drive subarus are the least likey to default on a loan..

Edited by ilikethings, 25 October 2019 - 06:49 PM.

#25 ilikethings

ilikethings

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:54 PM

Just an example, woke up to go to work last Friday and my belt was broken. Of course I said "DAMMIT, my belt is broken!" Got home from work that night and on Facebook were belt advertisements! People that think it is not real crack me up. 

Alder, man you don't have to own a smart phone. All sorts of appliances and even TV's and EVEN dishwashers and microwave ovens are "smart" appliances. Every single time you go ANYPLACE when you drive through any major arterial intersection you drive past a dozen very high definition cameras, that are most certainly not there for traffic management and people running red lights. They are literally at every single major intersection just like in Orwells book. They are not filming the intersection area, they are positioned to catch FACIAL shots in every single lane. Check me if you don't think so. 

Want to really hear something spooky? My wife had a chance encounter with an off duty cop where they were both waiting for someone. This very subject came up. The cop told her that on top of your phone listening in on your conversations, that nowadays that the system is connected and working, if you so much as use a hot word, every single smart device in listening distance turns on..... and after that for a certain amount of time, every single person on your contacts list and friends list's devices start listening extra hard and taking in any related information. My wife laughed and said that can't be true! He laughed and said OH YES it is. You BETTER believe it. 

You are correct sir/madam, all your electronic devices are listening and "phoning home."  you can confirm this indepently using a software/network admin tool called "wireshark."  Wireshark will show you all of your packet data. 

the first step in protecting yourself is to stop using your internet providers rented hardware.  buy your own cable modem and router.  do NOT use the rented hardware from your provider, e.g. comcast, time warner, et al.

Edited by ilikethings, 25 October 2019 - 06:57 PM.

• Myc and Coopdog like this

#26 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:01 PM

Alder I made it 20 min in so far.... I can do it

Edited by flashingrooster, 25 October 2019 - 07:02 PM.

#27 ilikethings

ilikethings

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:17 PM

Alder,

I'll check out suggested vid.  I'm not a user of real Vision but familiar with their stuff insomuch as they are one of the few econ entities on the "web" part of the internet that have given a platform to Economists like Steve Keen and Michael Hudson...two of the most legit "economists" in the game.  Steve Keen especially is too legit to quit.  He is one of maybe 3-4 professional economists that are incorporating thermodynamics into their models, i.e. most economists have zero understanding of the natural socalled physical sciences.  As far as I (and anyone here that has a grasp of physio-biological systems) am concerned, 99% of professional economists are the modern equivalent of alchemists.  They simply work to massage the data (econo-metrics) to fit their predetermined models of the so-called "economy."  The idea that the human economy is merely a subset of the earth's biosphere is beyond their comprehension.  Sad.

Attached Files

Edited by ilikethings, 25 October 2019 - 07:33 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#28 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,729 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:46 PM

Our current "human economy" really came into being with Napoleon at Waterloo. At that point, the Rothschild's consolidated most of the wealth in London, and began their climb to world domination. Now the entire world economy except for three countries (I think still 3 anyways) is owned by the Rothschild's controlled banking systems. We are in a continuous state of war, because they finance BOTH sides of those wars and they continue to turn their imaginary credit into real assets as that imaginary credit gets repaid with real assets. It's a really insane system but it so far out of control that I doubt it will ever be reigned back in. Their end game is almost complete. The next twenty years will be very interesting as they finalize it for sure and the illusions we are currently living under change to the new reality. That's a deep rabbit hole to start digging in to for sure. 

• Alder Logs and ilikethings like this

#29 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 06:50 AM

Rise, you are so very right about the listening in on the phones. Had a similar thing happen that you did. All too Orwellian for sure.

And I also believe it's only 3 countries left they don't own. It wasn't that long ago I was reading about it, but things change quickly that's for sure. 

I don't live where there are many if any traffic cams, but if you really pay attention, you'll see drones flying over regularly. Sometimes 4 or 5 in formation. There is no privacy left, if you believe there is, stop fooling yourself. There are eyes and ears everywhere.........sad but true

Peace

• Coopdog and Alder Logs like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!