27 replies to this topic

#21 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:25 PM

Nice. I always call those first ones ahead of the others over achievers, and clone them.
  • Billcoz and joeya like this

#22 joeya

joeya

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:54 PM

I have every intention of cloning and printing that tall one!

#23 joeya

joeya

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

I've harvested 7 shrooms this morning, threw one out because the top got slilmy and runny, sacrificed one to spore print, and the other 5 are drying. I did take tissue from the first to ripen and have it on agar now. 

I'm looking forward to this weekend, if all goes well it will be my first session in about 25 years! And, if all goes well, my wife will join me next weekend for the next one!

• Billcoz likes this

#24 joeya

joeya

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

Well, three hours after eating one of my shrooms, I wish I'd eaten at least two. Other than the initial onset, it's been a rather underwhelming experience. I really have to look hard to realize there is anything. I was hoping to sit down at the piano and have an awesome inspired session, instead I'm not even in the mood to play.  The one high point is that my wife is in high tech sales and has a VR headset unit, which I spent about an hour wearing. It has a roller coaster video which is enjoyable under normal circumstances, it definitely felt significantly more immersive today than it usually does.

I think next time I need at least three shrooms to get what I was hoping to. Live and learn!

• Billcoz likes this

#25 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

Also remember that having food in the stomach can reduce effects, fasting before hand makes for a slightly faster onset and stronger effects. If I take less than 2.5 grams(dry) I get a frustrating threshold level trip, where I find myself trying, even straining to feel effects and see visuals. I go for at least 3 grams when I want to trip, and at least 4g when I really want it, that's just me though.

Edited by Billcoz, 18 May 2019 - 04:39 PM.

• joeya likes this

#26 joeya

joeya

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

I didn't weigh it, but I don't think I'm too far off when I guess that it was about 1.5 gram or so. Since it's been a couple decades since I've taken any I went for caution, and my wife was using me for a guinea pig so she wouldn't overdo it when she tries them. It's been about just as long for her, so I really felt the need not to scare her out of it. 

I did finally drag myself to the piano and played a really long version of November Rain, so it wasn't a total loss, but I think next weekend I'm shooting for 3-4 grams!  My stomach was mostly empty, all I'd eaten this morning was a bit of almond butter on a couple of crackers, and that was about two hours before I ate the shroom. 

#27 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:07 PM

Cool. FYI, 4 grams for me is quite a bit heavier than 3 grams. If I were you, having not had a proper trip in a while, i'd go for 3 to start. You can take more if needed, just wait like an hour to be sure more is needed, you can't un-do it once you've dosed lol. If your first dose is not sufficient, try another .5-1 gram. One thing that seems to bring out the visual effects for me is to be out in nature. sometimes being trapped in the house can make for a frustrating trip, being in nature usually feels perfect on 3.5g IME.

• joeya likes this

#28 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

Are you talking wet wieght or cracker dry. Fresh mushroom you're going to need 20 grams. Kinda dry, is hard to dose. Leathery mushrooms, that you can bend and twist without breaking aren't dry yet, can easily need twice the dry dose.
  • Billcoz likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!