• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#101 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

I don’t see any reference to using heat to reduce the naptha in that tek.

#102 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:20 PM

You're absolutely right. The Gordo tek I was using at first had a crockpot evaporation step and I must have interpreted the Marsofold evaporation step to mean heat evaporation. Good call. Got any tips/tricks/advice on the non-heat evaporation step? And thanks again to everyone who is chiming in and making this thread so awesome!!!

#103 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:42 PM

Just use a wide glass baking dish or something with a lot of surface area and wait. You can warm it but I wouldn’t heat it past hot tap water temp.
Weird - I haven’t read that tek in years. I didn’t know that those addenda had been made.

#104 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

All this talk has me thinking that a fun evening could be had by dissolving DMT in heptane and running that through a still with a column and evaporating the DMT off of the solvent instead of the other way around.
A jar of xylene with (hopefully) a good bit of mescaline in it beckons as well.

#105 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:13 PM

60mg. I'm gonna take a little ride. Enjoy the fruits of my labor a bit. This will be only my third time with a proper vaping device. See you guys on the other side...

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190517_210822.jpg

#106 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

Holy shit guys! So it took about a day to "cook" this down. I kept the dish shown floating in a warm water bath that I replenished with new hot tap water about every hour. When it got down to about 50ml I put it off in a cool dark corner too evaporate/crystallize. That was this morning. This is what it looks like now. I will post more pictures when it fully evaporates. 2nd pull from 500g. Thanks again to everyone who has helped me do this and contributed to this thread

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190518_160341.jpg

• coorsmikey and Mushinist like this

#107 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,969 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:58 PM

Your Crystal's look great. It stands out because I've only seen acacia for a few year. Mhrb does make nice Crystal. The hot naptha is used in a lot of teks unless they are trying to avoid other oils on purpose but still. Acacia makes a much more oily substance but I wouldn't waste it and it can make Crystal's too.

Everyone here is more experienced than I and all good info.

#108 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,969 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Oh yeah It is easy to bust a jar if heated to quickly or more than a few times. I like to pull after it's hot from basification with or without heated naptha. That extra red stuff you might want to watch because it could be caustic bark particles. It might also be waxes and oils ect. But you wouldn't want anything that was bark.

You seemed to use the naphta boiling temps 140 deg I think? and warmed in a bath. Sounds fine. I wouldn't mess with cleaning those up either. I would still see what I got from the saved bark though just to check

#109 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:12 PM

Hey thanks twoguys! I think they look great too! And here's a picture that is completely irrelevant to this thread but I don't wanna put it anywhere else so here it is. These are some king oysters that came up from my compost pile from the recent rains. I think I'll fry them up tonight

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190519_165502.jpg

#110 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:56 PM

I've gotta question for you guys; it seems to me that most people prefer yellow crystal to white. I put this to the test myself and came to the same conclusion; 60mg of the very clean white crystal pictured a few posts ago didn't have nearly the same kick as 60mg of a more yellow crystal. Does anyone know why this is?

#111 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:38 PM

https://www.dmt-nexu...?g=posts&t=1115

You’ll see even more difference when you do a xylene extraction.

#112 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Thanks for the link Norman! What an informative thread!

#113 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted Today, 09:04 AM

Here it is guys. Like I already said, 2nd pull from 500g. I'll post weight after i scrape it up

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190520_095601.jpg
  • 20190520_095549.jpg

• Mushinist likes this

#114 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 243 posts

Posted Today, 09:48 AM

The picture is a bit misleading. After subtracting the weight of the card I'm left with 4.242g. The first pull was over 2g so I'm already well over 1% yield

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190520_104331.jpg

• Mushinist likes this

#115 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 144 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 10:39 AM

Very nice! Enough there to keep you soaring through hyperspace for a long time!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!