• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#121 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

Or distilling off the xylene or naptha? Leaving the alkaloids. Of course as long as the solvents distilled off at under 80c correct?

#122 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

I was just thinking out loud - especially about the mescaline. Too high a boiling point.
But what if you dissolved DMT in heptane and ran it in a still with a long column? Could you then get straight DMT vapor coming off the top and condensing?
Thinking harder about it, I’m not all that sure what the point would be other than cool and fun, but how cool and fun.

#123 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:32 PM

Alright so this is what's going on right now. I've been evaporating down this xylene pull for a few days. What I'm left with at the moment is a very viscous orange/brown goo. It's beginning to crystallize at one point. I don't think I'm gonna leave it like this. I've gotta couple ideas. First one is to disolve this goo into naptha along with a stash of some crystals and then hopefully allow it to recrystallize into orange/yellow crystals. Second idea is to just clean it up with a solvent. I've got naptha, acetone, or 190 proof grain alcohol. Would appreciate some input on these ideas from my friends here! Thanks!

edit:notes on the goo
It really wants to crystallize. When spread sufficiently thin and given enough time it begins to crystallize. However it seems that it would probably take me weeks or months to get the entirety of the substance to crystallize this way. So here is my conundrum; I would like to retain the alkaloids pulled with the xylene but would also like to be able to store it in a convenient crystal form. It seems like this is impossible and I'll have to choose one or the other. So my question is is there a way to compromise? My best guess would be to disolve the goo in naptha along with a stash of some crystals in hopes that the D will crystallize along with the other alkaloids to create orange- yellow crystals similarly to the way I made yellow crystals previously. Please chime in topiates

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190525_142141.jpg

Edited by el_ronhub_bird, 25 May 2019 - 03:56 PM.

• wharfrat likes this

#124 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:17 PM

You’re right it will never crystallize.
Give it more time to dry and it will firm up somewhat.
A cold naptha or heptane wash will pull more DMT from it.
What’s left should look and feel like a brick red melted crayon. This is dark DMT and an entirely different experience.
  • coorsmikey and Mushinist like this

#125 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

Thanks Norman! So I gotta tell you guys, the yellow spice is the shit! The stuff pictured, the crystals made via Marsofold tek, I tried it out the other night. 40mg and it was my favorite DMT trip so far! It was amazing! I love this stuff! Thank you guys again!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190525_192920.jpg

• coorsmikey, wharfrat and Mushinist like this

#126 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 170 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:59 PM

I know the sticky goo from the xylene is a pain, but give it a shot, as Norman said its a whole nother beast, leave it as it is don't wash with any other solvents!

As I mentioned earlier, yellow is my favorite! : )

#127 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:19 PM

Another likely useless thought experiment - what if one were to salt the alks out of the xylene with fumaric acid?
The result would be fumarate salt - useless for vaporizing but possibly easier to handle. I wonder if whatever is in there besides DMT would precipitate out as well?
Another fun time could be had by dissolving the goo in acetone and precipitating it FASA style.

#128 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:36 PM

Also, I should have been more clear earlier - if you do a solvent wash, don’t discard the wash or the residue. It’s just a way of separating the dark from the regular DMT further so the difference is more distinct.

#129 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:18 PM

excelent job bird! great thread. Archive material :thumbs_up:

#130 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

Oh Wharfrat stop, you're making me blush! Seriously though, thanks for the compliment! I owe it all to Mycotopia! Ok so I was wrong about how long it would take for this jungle spice to crystallize. Overnight approximately 90% of the goo crystallized into flower like formations. I've gotta tell you though, when I first started reducing the xylene I put about 1.7g of white freeze precipitated DMT into the stew and that's why it's able to crystallize. If I like the jungle alkaloids I may just disolve my stash along with them and recrystallize so the jungle is distributed evenly through the rest of the stash now that I know it will work. Oh and the glob in the picture is the crystals that I scraped together into a pile last night

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190526_125830.jpg
  • 20190526_125815.jpg
  • 20190526_125806.jpg

• coorsmikey and Heirloom like this

#131 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

Ok so my idea would basically result in yellow spice infused with jungle spice. I don't know if I'm going to do this, I'm gonna try the jungle spice first to see if I like it. From what I understand the jungle alkaloids aren't soluble in naptha so I would have to use xylene again, correct?

#132 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

These orange jungle crystals are actually very beautiful!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190526_160723.jpg
  • 20190526_160708.jpg

#133 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,413 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

I haven't no difference in the two solvents for pulling the Jungle. I always get jungle when I evap rather than freeze precip.

#134 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:26 PM

https://www.dmt-nexu...?g=posts&t=1115

You’ll see even more difference when you do a xylene extraction.

Really? I agree with Norman, these jungle crystals that I pulled with the xylene are very distinct from my previous crystals (and that's even with nearly 2g of white DMT mixed in with it.) Both in shape and color. I haven't tried it yet but everyone says the quality of the trip is different too

Edited by el_ronhub_bird, 26 May 2019 - 03:29 PM.

#135 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:33 PM

I guess a lot depends on what your definition of jungle spice is. Mine is alkaloids other than those soluble in naptha and thus requiring a broader spectrum solvent to extract. That’s why I advocate a naptha wash to isolate the extract down to just xylene soluble material.

#136 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

Incidentally, the xylene extract from an STB is even more different and weird than that from an A/B. My theory is that since an STB works by breaking down the plant material rather than merely causing the alks to migrate into solution, a lot more of the plant becomes soluble in xylene though still mostly insoluble in naptha.Even naptha from an STB, when evaporated, yields more and oranger and goopier extract than that from an A/B.

Actually, the first STB and the first dark DMT tek that I know of were one in the same, written by a guy called Soma around 2002.

#137 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

Hey Norman, you're always hitting me off with awesome links, do you know of a good STB tek? I've got 120g left that I wanna try STB with

#138 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:10 PM

For all things DMT I go to the Nexus.
I love the community here but if you want to go in depth, it’s definitely worth joining.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/
And the extraction teks page of their wiki -
https://wiki.dmt-nex...:Extraction_Tek
  • Heirloom likes this

#139 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

I don't think I'll join. Mycotopia is my home. Thanks for the links, you're awesome Norman! PS I'm assuming the Norman STB tek is yours? If so that's the one I'll use. I trust any information that came from you. Edit: one more question, can I do multiple xylene pulls from this or just the one?

Edited by el_ronhub_bird, 28 May 2019 - 04:45 PM.

#140 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

Pretty crystals

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190528_175058.jpg

• Boebs and Mushinist like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!