104 replies to this topic

#101 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 909 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:36 AM

From Friday to Monday I was in a terrible state of mind. Engaged in self-inquiry and all of that. 

Then, today, I'm sitting in the bus and think, "I am", while looking at the bus and the people in it. That's when the strange intuitive knowledge that "I am"... and always have been and always will be comes, and this picture show isn't real. That's a relief. Haha. 

There's a big difference between that "strange intuitive knowledge" and just thinking it. That is, that I'm not to be found here or that this place isn't real. The relief isn't there if it's just thought. But, that other way is so nice. It's to be untethered from mind. Without any infinite sights, one seems to grasp the infinite. 

Hard to explain. I suppose it's like this. Trash the story of me. Then, whatever is essentially here must be the same as the truly existent. And the truly existent is precisely that which we seek. The same thing that rests blissfully and eternally is here.

But, I really mean trash the story of me. Forget it, it's bullshit. 

Edited by Guy1298, 06 November 2019 - 12:39 AM.

• Tenderfoot, Alder Logs and ElPirana like this

#102 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 909 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:01 AM

Heh. No point reasoning with this stuff. 

The only way I've seen it was by abandoning my reasons. 

• Alder Logs and ElPirana like this

#103 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:20 AM

Then, today, I'm sitting in the bus and think, "I am", while looking at the bus and the people in it. That's when the strange intuitive knowledge that "I am"... and always have been and always will be comes, and this picture show isn't real. That's a relief. Haha.

And that relief is kinda unexplainable too, isn’t it? It’s like you don’t realize how much you hold onto things (ideas) until you finally let go somehow and feel the ease of what is.
  • Alder Logs and Guy1298 like this

#104 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 909 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:32 PM

The ideas are the whole of the mess!

Supposing that there is something truly worthwhile, what's the difference between this awareness and the one that finds it?

What's common between my life and that one? They both don't stick around. Only the awareness does. Only the source of existence remains. If not, I'd be fucked. But with open eyes, I know that I am. 

Where does awareness take place? It's so intimate a place that I'd be crazy not to call it myself. 

But, it's like another level deeper than awareness. It seems to go unnoticed. Awareness as a concept is hijacked by a thought, "Awareness is possessed by me." When that thought doesn't arise, then there's the recognition of awareness wherein the body, mind, and world are. Deeper than that is the "place" where even that awareness is. 

It's foundationlessness and foundation. It's inconceivable. Saying that it ceases, the trouble arises that what says it owes its life to it, its words, its thoughts, its logic and reasoning. There is no way to reason about it. And speaking of it... referring to it, it's lost. Immediately, something else takes its place. 

Edited by Guy1298, 07 November 2019 - 12:00 AM.

• Alder Logs and ElPirana like this

#105 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,770 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:29 PM

Who dat?

But isn't messin' about with ideas such fun?

Nothing else, taking no place. 

Nothing is working out for me...

...splendidly.  

• Guy1298 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!