• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:28 PM

Hi. Getting back into the hobby. Have been having some difficulty sith contams and such. Have 6 jars out of 19 with mycelium growth. 9 were mazatapec all had a bacterial contam i believe right off..lrading me to suspect syringe pissibly. At innoc sites there was yellow with some blue..moist. Tossed n cleaned.
The ones colonizing are Z strain. I used 3cc for 10 jars of ms syringe. Have 4 jars with no growth at all. Its been 22 days since inoculation. Going to leave em and xhwxk on em in a month...no mycelium. No contams growing either tho.

Just giving a background of whats going on right now. But my pressibg question is this..

Do i need to use an airport syringe for this jar lid? Got from shroomsupply. Ship and filtered ge fitting..has like a tube coming out of it (small)..any one used these before?
Going to make a LC of either zstrain or aa + albino.63b69986509a31ef9bfd3475e421b523.jpg

#2 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:38 AM

3cc of MS solution for a total of ten jars is not much.. might take a bit longer for it to get going if they get going at all. I use 2 cc of LC per jar.

The lid does look like you would need a sterile syringe to equalize the pressure when sticking a needle into that injection port. But, I'm not certain, never used that setup.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 22 April 2019 - 05:39 AM.

• Billcoz likes this

#3 Dimitri2teachme

Dimitri2teachme

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

Maybe take one of the jars with no contam and no myc and give it a sniff? I had a couple spawn bags just recently that would not even grow the slightest bit of myc. I couldn't see any contam either, but upon smelling the air filter patch. NASTY.

Im not super experienced, I wouldnt just go taking my advice all willy nilly, and I dont wanna be a downer. But i do know, had I not smelled those bags, I might have wasted time waiting on them, rather than starting new jars.

Edited by Dimitri2teachme, 22 April 2019 - 08:23 AM.

• mad420pumpkinz and Billcoz like this

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,423 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:15 AM

No airport syringe needed, That is a Whatman syringe filter on that lid. Should be good to go as is, but do try to keep it dry.

• crazy1, mad420pumpkinz, Billcoz and 1 other like this

#5 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

I innoculated the lc last night. Nope no airport needed i feel dumb but wanted to check :)
I took one of the dormant jars and shot it up with last little bit of the syringe after making the lc just to experiment.

Smelled the dormant jars too. No fucky smells. Just brown rice.

Im bound and determined to have a number of colonized jars even if it kills me!

#6 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:23 PM

3cc of MS solution for a total of ten jars is not much.. might take a bit longer for it to get going if they get going at all. I use 2 cc of LC per jar.

The lid does look like you would need a sterile syringe to equalize the pressure when sticking a needle into that injection port. But, I'm not certain, never used that setup.

I think i gave wrong data. Looking at my syringes last night. It was 3cc of maz that i used between 9 jars. All contammed quickly.

8cc z strain between 10 jars. Those are the ones growing with the few no growths.

Smoking too much sorry

#7 Dimitri2teachme

Dimitri2teachme

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:57 PM

I innoculated the lc last night. Nope no airport needed i feel dumb but wanted to check :)
I took one of the dormant jars and shot it up with last little bit of the syringe after making the lc just to experiment.

No fucky smells is something to help settle the brain a little haha, good luck.

I will be lurking on the thread just because I wanna know how the z strain turns out, and also Maybe get inspired to try some LC.

#8 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:15 PM

I'm also curious about the z strain, I've read a few interesting bits about it the last few days. I hope you have good luck with it and keep us posted!

• mad420pumpkinz likes this

#9 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:51 PM

I'm also curious about the z strain, I've read a few interesting bits about it the last few days. I hope you have good luck with it and keep us posted!

I grew alot of zstrain years ago. Potent cubes. I always fruited around 70 degrees (winter grows) and they turned out awesome.was getting good 1st flushes. Around 1/4 dry per cake.
  • joeya likes this

#10 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:21 AM

I cant find a way to edit. Tried the website too. Cannot find a way..and i have something very in need of editing. If a higher up or anyone in the know can pm me that would be greatly appreciated :)

But..trying to find a way-in the process i searched up my original first grow/couple grow log. Was working with b+ and zstrain. And had an lc at one point.

Thought you might want to check it out since your interested in zstrain. :)

https://mycotopia.ne...0-first-grow-b/
  • joeya likes this

#11 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

Got 8 nocd up w albino a++ yesterday. No growth in LC yet. Maybe a thread or two but cant tell good because theres a lot of floaters(hairs)

The zstrain I have colonizing are soing good. But, one has growth from 3 holes, a couple from 2, the rest hVe only growth at one innoc point....so. Im going to have one jardone long before the others.

Will it do ok in a perlite no holes (hundred somethin qt) by itself or should i start fruiting it in a single cake fc (advice on one?) Until the otheres are ready?

Ive only ever had11-12 cake for..all got done about same time. And i know with them all close together the micro climates awrsome and get killer flushes..never had just one cake to tend to.

Advice appreciated:)

#12 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:42 AM

Do you mean that you made the LC and nocced up the dormant jar with leftover spore water, or with the LC you just made? I feel like you meant the former, but if it is the latter, you would need to let your LC germinate before using it. If you meant the first thing then never mind.

Edited by Billcoz, 26 April 2019 - 12:44 AM.

#13 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:39 PM

Do you mean that you made the LC and nocced up the dormant jar with leftover spore water, or with the LC you just made? I feel like you meant the former, but if it is the latter, you would need to let your LC germinate before using it. If you meant the first thing then never mind.
Lol yea I nocd dormant with last in spore syringe. Not with lc.
  • Billcoz likes this

#14 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:44 PM

Growth so far in my lc. Hows it look? Brighter white due to light.
20190507_003747 (1).jpg 20190507_003813.jpg

Edited by mad420pumpkinz, 06 May 2019 - 11:49 PM.

#15 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:17 AM

Looks healthy from here, though I've only ever made 1 LC before.

#16 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:14 PM

The tall half pints are aa+ albino. Dont know how many days since innoc. You can look back in posts. But the myc tookoff and is flying through the jars.

My zstrain. One is consolidating. One has a. Quarter spot left .

Nothing on the dormant jar i shot up again. Junk.

Also. With this success rate im still thinking the 10 mazatapec jars that contamed right away were from a dirty syringe.

rock n roll timeffd74f0116c657eaccf1e44b5a0852eb.jpgac5241cd12beaa8ff507915c91b31dc1.jpg53f2144844a86a393cc846af305ebb6d.jpg

#17 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,487 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:56 PM

Those are looking good.

#18 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:44 AM

Nice Myc mad.

#19 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:46 AM

Man, seems like I've been hearing more and more about bunk syringes lately, I wonder why. 

#20 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:59 AM

Man, seems like I've been hearing more and more about bunk syringes lately, I wonder why.

Its a first for me. Although i havent dealt with a great number of syringes.

But 10 out of 10 yellow and blue growth starting not too long after innoc. + another 9 jars were pc'd and innocd right along with the offending jars. My assymption. Stoned.
Meh.

Shit happens

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!