• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Misfit

Misfit

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:30 PM

Thanks man. I figured she had something to do with it.

#22 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

It's a mini greenhouse. Many years ago there's was a Martha Stewart mini greenhouse. Now they're everywhere for 25 bucks and up. The cheapest are, well really cheaply made, lol. Go for the mid range or better, around 40 bucks.

Thanks jk, hope I didn't offend you by offering to help set one up lol

#23 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:28 PM

Looking at these pics is Makes me says things I would when watching fire works .. awestruck... lol
I’ve been at this almost a year and still doing jars.
This setup gives me something aim for.

I’ve looked at some bulk set up teks but would be very interested in knowing more about how to get these kind of results. (Which tek(s) were followed?)
Looks like the humidifier is on a timer?
What time are on/off interval have you found to be good baseline to start out with &
What are some tips for getting it dialed in?
  • aqudoc likes this

#24 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

Looking at these pics is Makes me says things I would when watching fire works .. awestruck... lol
I’ve been at this almost a year and still doing jars.
This setup gives me something aim for.

I’ve looked at some bulk set up teks but would be very interested in knowing more about how to get these kind of results. (Which tek(s) were followed?)
Looks like the humidifier is on a timer?
What time are on/off interval have you found to be good baseline to start out with &
What are some tips for getting it dialed in?

Hey Raven - You bet amigo, glad to pay it forward.

1st thing I do everything in front of a flow hood.  I had instruction on the build and if you want to build one PM me.

I do rye grains, so far all MSS, inject about 1-2cc per jar.  I fill my jars about 3/4 full of grain and try to get the noc in 3-4 points around the circumference of the jar and let it dribble down into the grain. 

I inc. in a martha w/ only a foot mat for heating and I keep it +/- 80F. 

I cover the GH w/ blankets to insulate and block light.  I check after 7-10 days and @ approx 30% colonized I shake em up.

When they're fully colonized I transfer them to substrate that is 4:1 ratio sub:grain.

My sub is 1Q CCM w/ 2/3 tsp hydrated lime, 1Q coarse verm,  1C H2O and 1Q coir and I fill the jars to the threads.  Do it in 3 batches you have 9Q, that's 2 tubs and a little left to play w/.

I sterilize my sub for 120 min. @ 15PSI

I mix in 6Q tub, cover w/ aluminum, poke 11 holes in top cover them w/ micropore tape and back into inc. for 10-12 days no peaky.

Remove the foil and case w/ 50/50+.

Move to the FC @ 68 - 70F which is another martha that has another foot heater mat w/ a turkey pan full of distilled and a capful of bleach on top of it and put it on the bottom most shelf.

Vicks coolmist humidifier and a computer fan on the next shelf up.  I run both of those off a inkbird combo temp/humidifier monitor using a spitter plug in the humy outlet.  The mat plugs into the heater outlet.  You will have to move the computer fan around to dial it in.

I can comfortably squeeze 6 trays on the top 2 shelves, 3 ea. 

I run cord lighting on the bottom of the 3rd shelf and across the top and have them plugged into a common outlet timer 12on/12off. 

I have another computer fan cut into the Martha @ the top to exhaust gas and it is plugged into a timer that has settings for interval and duration.  That one I have kicks on hourly for 3-5 min.

I unzip the door and fan w/ a giant tote lid 2XPD.

Chime in if i missed anything bubba.

#25 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:39 PM

Mycophage- thanks for the guidance.. much appreciated.. I actually got a flow hood  this spring from a friend that is in the medical/lab equipment repair and repurpose business..an oldie ( heavy bastard) but a goodie.  I'll lookout this a bit closer when I have my handy dandy Mycotopia abbreviation translator page open so I can be sure that get the right translation lol. 

• aqudoc likes this

#26 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,291 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:15 PM

PE6 is great alround strain. You may want to look into growing Texas Yellow Cap next; if you haven't already.

IME fans and humidifiers is waste of money with the mini greenhouses. Keeping the shelves full keeps the rH up. And opening the flap daily to check on the trays seems to provide plenty of FAE.

Threads like this may be the motivation I need to start growing again. Been playing with the idea of a while now. And, this time I have a girl friend to help with the myco chores.

• aqudoc likes this

#27 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:25 AM

PE6 is great alround strain. You may want to look into growing Texas Yellow Cap next; if you haven't already.

IME fans and humidifiers is waste of money with the mini greenhouses. Keeping the shelves full keeps the rH up. And opening the flap daily to check on the trays seems to provide plenty of FAE.

Threads like this may be the motivation I need to start growing again. Been playing with the idea of a while now. And, this time I have a girl friend to help with the myco chores.

I'm only grower about 6 months now so I've been applying what I've been taught, but I appreciate your take Cue, and I'll test your theory.  I'll look into the yellow cap also.

Raven - Forgot to mention I keep RH high until pins.  I don't think w/ proper FAE you can over humidify, but after pinning usually drop it down to low 90's%

#28 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:40 AM

Moved the last tubs to dub tub, the gh, mister and pretty much everything needs a good cleaning.  Last two tubs 2nd flush coming slow, from the move I guess.

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

One tub left, pinning well.  Leaving town tomorrow for the weekend.  I'll collect on return and shut this never ending log down.

Happy Thursday all.

• Mushinist likes this

#29 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:01 PM

Wrapn it up for this grow.  I'm still 2nd flush challenged.

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

End of my log

• Mushinist likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!