15 replies to this topic

#1 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:53 PM

Sorry for flooding the forum!

Noc'd multiple rye jars w/ multiple vendor MSS on 3/2, 2 jars were GT were mixed w/ sterilized CCM, verm, coir hydrated lime sub into 2 6Q shoebox tubs.  They took 4 weeks to colonize and were cased w/ 50/50+ and these were set to FC on 4/10.

Here they are today:

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

I've been told these are a good strain to learn on, I can see why, very low maintenance fast developers.

• Skywatcher, Cuboid, Billcoz and 3 others like this

#2 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:00 PM

IMG_2480.JPG

• Billcoz, Mushinist, Bobotrank and 1 other like this

#3 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:34 PM

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2495.JPG

• peacefrog, Billcoz, Mushinist and 2 others like this

#4 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:45 AM

GTs are a good strain, little chance of a bad trip, at least that's something I've heard, I never had a bad trip from any of my strains, my GT were really good, your tubs look great, nice job.

• aqudoc likes this

#5 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

IMG_2496.JPG

• FilzShroom likes this

#6 Musher365

Musher365

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

Great job on your first prints doc. You obviously grabbed those caps at the perfect time for maximum sporulation,and your print box may be just right for them to breathe a bit.
Well done my friend .

Edited by Musher365, 28 April 2019 - 02:29 PM.

• Mushinist and aqudoc like this

#7 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:24 PM

Nice looking prints, you never have to buy that variety of cube again. Eventually try cloning with a certain size/shape/color tint/etc in mind onto agar, then grow that out, select similar fruits and take prints again. Grow the prints out and select a clone again and keep repeating that process, from spore to clone to spore, keeping the selections all similar to the original traits you selected for, and eventually you would be able to get a stable producing strain with the unique genetics you were after from spores. That takes a lot of cycles because when cubes produce spores, the genetics kind of "reset", but after so many generations of selecting similar fruits for clones/prints, the genetics of the spores get narrowed down, then you have a new "strain". I have no idea how many cycles/generations it takes to get to that point, but that seems like the ultimate goal for the hobby of cube growing, for me anyways.

• aqudoc likes this

#8 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:30 PM

Nice looking prints, you never have to buy that variety of cube again. Eventually try cloning with a certain size/shape/color tint/etc in mind onto agar, then grow that out, select similar fruits and take prints again. Grow the prints out and select a clone again and keep repeating that process, from spore to clone to spore, keeping the selections all similar to the original traits you selected for, and eventually you would be able to get a stable producing strain with the unique genetics you were after from spores. That takes a lot of cycles because when cubes produce spores, the genetics kind of "reset", but after so many generations of selecting similar fruits for clones/prints, the genetics of the spores get narrowed down, then you have a new "strain". I have no idea how many cycles/generations it takes to get to that point, but that seems like the ultimate goal for the hobby of cube growing, for me anyways.

Thanks for the break down Billcoz.

#9 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

IMG_2502.jpg

Trays back in GH for 2nd/last flush

• Billcoz likes this

#10 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:19 PM

2nd/final flush on the first tub, larger fruits, less production than the first go. 

I left this one in the gh, but took the other to dubtub and it's outperforming. 

I will post pics of the other after harvest tomorrow.

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

GT are freaky fast producers.

• Mushinist likes this

#11 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:50 PM

Those are great looking aqudoc!

• aqudoc likes this

#12 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:54 AM

Here's the 2nd tub, 2nd/final flush.  As mentioned I pulled this tub from the GH for the last flush and went dubtub. 

Markedly different results.

IMG_2518.JPG

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.JPG

I'm no longer posting weight pics, means nothing to me and don't see how it adds value to this community.

End of log.

• Billcoz and Mushinist like this

#13 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 155 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:49 PM

Nice job Aqudoc, looks like you have got those tubs down and the greenhouse dialed in nicely!
  • aqudoc likes this

#14 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:33 PM

Nice job Aqudoc, looks like you have got those tubs down and the greenhouse dialed in nicely!

Thank you my friend

#15 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:22 AM

Here's the 2nd tub, 2nd/final flush.  As mentioned I pulled this tub from the GH for the last flush and went dubtub. 

End of log.

You know, I get my biggest fruits from 3rd and 4th flushes. usually they are single fruits/not in clusters, there are not that many but they get bigger than the first couple flushes. I don't generally keep them past 3 nowadays since I like to spawn new ones often. I also get your whole thing about not posting weights, I don't even weigh em anymore, it's pointless for me.

Edited by Billcoz, 09 May 2019 - 02:22 AM.

• aqudoc likes this

#16 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:36 AM

End of log.

You know, I get my biggest fruits from 3rd and 4th flushes. usually they are single fruits/not in clusters, there are not that many but they get bigger than the first couple flushes. I don't generally keep them past 3 nowadays since I like to spawn new ones often. I also get your whole thing about not posting weights, I don't even weigh em anymore, it's pointless for me.

I appreciate your feedback on this as I have had a helluva time getting past 1st flushes in my short time at this.  I've figured out my mistakes and happy to be getting better results.  I'm stopping @ 2 b/c like you I am liking the process more than the product at this point.  I also appreciate sharing your experience on what to expect w/ later flushes.  I just harvested a second tub of the PE I'm growing and the flush was not as proliferate, only a couple clusters, but the fruits are massive.  I'll post some pics of that in a few, cheers Billcoz.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!