• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:57 AM

planning on taking 2.5 grams of our fungal friends in capsule form today. 

I will update this thread once i take it later this afternoon/early evening. 

Anyone have experiences with capsules they'd like to share? 

• Cuboid likes this

#2 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

What are some good ways to tell the purity

of a mushroom capsule? We trust the people but still wonder.

#3 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:40 PM

i havent taken mushrooms very many times so i took 2 grams which was 4 capsules. I went shopping right after taking them and now that im home it definitely seems they have set in. I feel euphoric and i see a film on top of everything. Very enjoyable

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,836 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:06 PM

Plan on a couple hour come up with capsules.

• TabbyBoy likes this

#5 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

definitely took longer than i expected

#6 TheBigRip

TheBigRip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

Just because the mushroom is in capsules does not say anything at all about how they'll work. Since they are ground already you cannot really tell its purity just from looking at it. 

There is also no reason at all to think that they'd take longer to take effect like a person above me replied. There is simply no scientific reason for that conclusion. Capsules dissolve quickly and if the contents are what they are supposed to be then the time it may take for the effect to kick in is same as with any other mushrooms you had chewed.

One important thing to remember is that capsules may have weight which isn't insignificant if you want to take a precise dose. If you know for sure how much you are taking then open the capsule and carefully weigh the contents then just take it in any way you want.

• Cuboid and TabbyBoy like this

#7 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

Just because the mushroom is in capsules does not say anything at all about how they'll work. Since they are ground already you cannot really tell its purity just from looking at it. 

There is also no reason at all to think that they'd take longer to take effect like a person above me replied. There is simply no scientific reason for that conclusion. Capsules dissolve quickly and if the contents are what they are supposed to be then the time it may take for the effect to kick in is same as with any other mushrooms you had chewed.

One important thing to remember is that capsules may have weight which isn't insignificant if you want to take a precise dose. If you know for sure how much you are taking then open the capsule and carefully weigh the contents then just take it in any way you want.

They took a good couple hours to set in.

#8 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:18 AM

Maybe a person to person variation in the ability to dissolve the capsule. Maybe different types of capsules. I have gelatin based capsules and can feel the effects within 10mins or so. It's quite possible I produce excessive amounts of stomach acid though, I suffer from reflux.

#9 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:21 AM

I found this guide useful for average empty capsule weight and other info. Your capsule manufacturer may have more specific data on their own products.

https://capsuline.co...sule-size-chart

#10 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:24 AM

There is also no reason at all to think that they'd take longer to take effect like a person above me replied. There is simply no scientific reason for that conclusion. Capsules dissolve quickly and if the contents are what they are supposed to be then the time it may take for the effect to kick in ... <snip for brevity>

2hrs to feel anything or to peak?
  • Coopdog and TabbyBoy like this

#11 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:53 AM

There is also no reason at all to think that they'd take longer to take effect like a person above me replied. There is simply no scientific reason for that conclusion. Capsules dissolve quickly and if the contents are what they are supposed to be then the time it may take for the effect to kick in ... <snip for brevity>

2hrs to feel anything or to peak?

Hard to explain, it was VERY smooth on the come up. It was a little crampy in my lower back for a sec but i do know it had to be an hour or so before i could actually notice the effects.

I remember at one point i was listening to music and thinking, and the music was matching the thoughts i was having! Almost like  the song was singing my thoughts. There was a face that sang these words too, a cartoonish one.

Edited by TabbyBoy, 06 May 2019 - 07:56 AM.

• Cuboid likes this

#12 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 562 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

sounds   like good time .

for next time  a guy i know of takes a scaple or exzacto knife and cuts a few small slits in capsules right before he swallows to help them desolve faster ,well that's the theory. i have not done this  myself .

good journeys

• TabbyBoy likes this

#13 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,562 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

Sounds like the mushies were not real good. Two grams of good mushrooms should get you a nice little buzz going, and they generally tend to come on a lot faster than that. I could not go shopping after taking some as I would be tripping some within a half hour or so. Capsules should break down almost immediately upon hitting your digestive tract I would think. Personally I find them way too much work to be worthwhile. Powder the mushrooms and put them in honey. So much easier to get down. I also would bet that two grams would not fit into 4 capsules so maybe more like a gram possibly? They would have to be some big fat capsules if they were. 

Did you buy them already encapsulated? Curious as I would think the mushrooms would oxidize rather fast in powder form so maybe they were not very potent. Sounds like you had a minimal experience from two grams. Two grams is generally about my dosage for a nice evening recreational dose and I generally get a pretty good little buzz off of that amount. Rock on man! :)

Edited by Coopdog, 07 May 2019 - 12:34 PM.

• TabbyBoy likes this

#14 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

Sounds like the mushies were not real good. Two grams of good mushrooms should get you a nice little buzz going, and they generally tend to come on a lot faster than that. I could not go shopping after taking some as I would be tripping some within a half hour or so. Capsules should break down almost immediately upon hitting your digestive tract I would think. Personally I find them way too much work to be worthwhile. Powder the mushrooms and put them in honey. So much easier to get down. I also would bet that two grams would not fit into 4 capsules so maybe more like a gram possibly? They would have to be some big fat capsules if they were. 

Did you buy them already encapsulated? Curious as I would think the mushrooms would oxidize rather fast in powder form so maybe they were not very potent. Sounds like you had a minimal experience from two grams. Two grams is generally about my dosage for a nice evening recreational dose and I generally get a pretty good little buzz off of that amount. Rock on man! :)

While all that could be true, I definitely felt a nice buzz and had visuals for hours. I bought them encapsulated already yes. I'm sure they couldn't have been very potent considering they sold them in capsules. One would usually just sell the shrooms, the powder probably takes up extra time and i wonder why they were the same price as shrooms would be here. Still, they definitely hit me pretty good. From the studies I've seen, the capsules themselves take around 30-50 minutes to dissolve, adding that time onto however long the shrooms inside would hit. You can fit a half gram into each capsule, at least from what I've read you can.

Edited by TabbyBoy, 07 May 2019 - 01:02 PM.

#15 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,060 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

IME with gel caps it is very difficult to pack .5g into a 00 capsule with a capsule machine.  When I made them mine were always a little light.  IIRC, I would average between .3 and .4g a cap.   I would loosely estimate three 00 caps for a gram when I was making them.  

You could get more in each cap if you packed them individually by hand, but that takes forever, and is a PITA.  It was a lot easier to just make a few extra with the machine.

Edited by Juthro, 07 May 2019 - 02:45 PM.

• coorsmikey, Coopdog and TabbyBoy like this

#16 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

So yesterday i had 2 capsules. This time i opened them and drank them in a small amount of water. Ill tell you this time the come up was extremely noticeable. For some reason it was actually kind of uncomfortable. The buzz was very strong and i actually had some crazy visuals. I went and saw "Avengers endgae" while tripping too, was very fun! 

If i had taken my 4 capsules like this, I would have felt it so much more. I wish i had done it like that last time.

#17 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,060 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

Glad you found what works for you.

Good vibes, and happy trails :)

• TabbyBoy likes this

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:21 PM

It's unusual for fungi to be sold in capsules, at least IME. I would be suspicious of it being something else with similar effects, like an RC from China mixed into some random powder.

And if it really is fungi, I'd be hesitant to purchase it in capsule form as there's no way to know how much time has passed since the mushrooms were ground up and encapsulated (and they will lose their potency faster when powdered vs. intact as there is exponentially-more surface area exposed to oxygen and light in that case).

Incidentally, they should also cost more than whole dry fungi do since there would be considerable additional effort involved. The fact that they weren't is suspicious to me and why I start thinking of stuff like RC's from China.

In these kinds of situations I have to consider that even though I might trust the person who gave me something, I'm not sure and have no way of knowing if I can trust the person they trusted who gave that something to them that they passed on to me.

This is one of the main reasons why this site exists: Growing your own eliminates all such concerns. I highly recommend it.

• Coopdog, Juthro and TabbyBoy like this

#19 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:33 PM

This is one of the main reasons why this site exists: Growing your own eliminates all such concerns. I highly recommend it.

I'm trying. Running into problems a lot with it. 

It only lasted around 5 or so hours. wouldnt RC's last longer? 

#20 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

If it's powdered mushroom in the capsules, and it sounds like you already opened some up. It will be a grayish powder inside and it would taste and smell like mushrooms. I'm not saying that something else couldn't have been added. If you added it to water or a drink, the powder should have turned a dark indigo blue. If you didn't wait long enough to see that reaction, then you can simply open one up and drop a small drop of water and wait a min or two to see. Folks do make capsules for their personal use and may have just shared their stash with you. Someone could make more money selling the API/RC as is rather than passing it as mushrooms. There are plenty of dummies that will pay good money for unknown shit.

Here is a pic of an open capsule of pure active mushrooms with three small water drops on the powder. See the blue oxidation?

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 May 2019 - 10:28 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!