#1 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 301 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:20 AM

Anyone here do it? I got one this week and have starting designing with it. Been doing "pinewood derby" cars as practice cars Workin on next race season. Thanks guys
  • Rantrapr and Carolyroord like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,636 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:08 AM

I don't do it personally but I have a friend working on R&D with a company who makes them. 

Are you designing your own CAD layouts or are you working from templates?

What type of materials can you print with? plastics, metals, ... ?

#3 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 301 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 05:44 PM

I'm new to the scene but have always been gifted with computer, I'm using tinkercad to start, I can print pla abs and if I get more equipment I can laser etch and a few others I'll upload some photos. I'm using the ender 3 pro with a raspberry pi running octoprint
  • Myc likes this

#4 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:58 AM

I haven't gotten into it but its something I would like to learn. I've found products that other people have made on etsy ect and a lot of very useful things. At the time it was cases and parts for different vaporizers that I wanted. But the endless amount of products is pretty amazing. I've seen some that used food or food grade materials to print chocolate play cars and cake toppings ect.

#5 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 301 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:56 AM

Here is some stuff I've printed, the printer I'm using under 330 to be set up to remote print and monitor from anywhere in the world using a raspberry pi and some tutorials online. The wife and I had wanted one and she surprised me with it and for the last 3 weeks I've been playing, I printed allot of accessories at first to learn the machine and the software to make this wonderful stuff happen. Luckily in obsessive compulsive and this is the shit that makes me happy, so after 3 weeks I got it and we are trying to set up Livestreaming for ASMR videos. Let me know what you guys think I'll see if I can print out some mycotypia style stuff.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190514_204312.jpg
  • IMG_20190514_204252.jpg
  • IMG_20190514_212100.jpg
  • IMG_20190514_215422.jpg
  • IMG_20190517_084928.jpg
  • IMG_20190516_222114.jpg
  • Screenshot_20190514-171749.png

#6 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:22 PM

Nice start. I've seen some that were made to let saltwater corals to grow into as well. cyphastrea maybe because it grows to encrusted surfaces. I haven't looked too far into it but there are a lot of plans for free or sometimes costing.

Edited by twoguysupnorth, 19 May 2019 - 03:23 PM.

#7 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 301 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

There are so many things you can do with additive manufacturing. I was watching a company who uses a 6 degree of freedom mig welder to build rockets. The machine had 3 arms one does the welding while the other 2 smooth the welds out. I have no background in this field but I like challenges, along with just the CAD I've never messed with raspberry pi or ddns and I haven't done much terminal script ether but this has made me start learning it all so I'm super happy. If I'm not working on 5 things I'm depressed. I have to be scatterbrained to function effectively which is why I cook for a living

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!