Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:00 PM

I am finally growing Golden Teacher.

I think I might have grown this years ago,

when I grew my first batch of shrooms.

This time I know for sure.

I made a 10ml spore syringe.

The color was a cyan color, not the regular purple.

I made up 10 PF cakes.

1/4c  Brown Rice, ground with my coffee grinder

1/2t   Egg Shell, dried

1/2c  Vermiculite

1/4c  Local tap water, high in gypsum

PC'ed at 15psi for 30 minutes.

Inoculated with 1ml each of GT

Golden Teacher 1MAY19.jpg

I put the jars in dark spot.

I hope I got it right.

#2 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:53 AM

Wow, so the G.T. cubes have reddish spores? That's interesting, my G.T.s from a mid level vendor were black, I'd love to find a rust spored specimen from a MS syringe, haven't seen any yet. Dark spots will do fine for colonizing but some people give indirect light or even 12/12 directly. I have tried it both ways, in a box with no light and with ambient sunlight hitting them, never noticed a difference in colonizing times.

#3 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:05 PM

How did you apply the 1cc per jar?

#4 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

Wow, so the G.T. cubes have reddish spores? That's interesting, my G.T.s from a mid level vendor were black, I'd love to find a rust spored specimen from a MS syringe, haven't seen any yet. Dark spots will do fine for colonizing but some people give indirect light or even 12/12 directly. I have tried it both ways, in a box with no light and with ambient sunlight hitting them, never noticed a difference in colonizing times.

Cyan is not a shade of red, it's a blue green. The GT's I grew a couple of times had 'normal' dark purple brown colour.

<edit: Fun with colour settings>

Edited by Cuboid, 02 May 2019 - 02:19 PM.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,060 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

I think of cyan as an kind of an aqua marine, greenish blue.

EDIT: Somewhere between a teal, and a turquoise, if my memory, and understanding hold.

Edited by Juthro, 02 May 2019 - 02:24 PM.

• Skywatcher and Cuboid like this

#6 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:54 PM

Cyan is a specific light blue green. Look at your ink cartridge called Cyan. It is the blue spectrum color used in mixing all ink jet printouts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyan

cyan

^

CyanIcon.png

Now perhaps we could return to the Golden Teacher grow thread?

:dry:

#7 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,281 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

The color of cyan is sort of approximate in what I actually saw.  The color was not the normal darker looking purple/brown.  It was much lighter and more blue looking.  I might have been wrong about a green component in the color of the syringe.

The spore print was sealed in a mylar plastic pouch.  The aluminum foil the print was on was also folded in half.  The print was not visible, and getting the water to wash out the spores was not working very well.

The lids have 4 holes as per PF TEK.  I injected 1cc in each jar, divided up evenly into 4 shots.  I ran the hypo needle down the side of the jar before squirting in a 1/4 of the 1cc allotment.

• Skywatcher likes this

#8 Ocitown

Ocitown

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:25 PM

What will the shell powder add?
I did 10 jars 9 days ago(first go) but only used 6cc,it’s workin.
My spore water had what looked like black clumps which once shaked were floating speaks.

#9 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:14 AM

The color of cyan is sort of approximate in what I actually saw.  The color was not the normal darker looking purple/brown.  It was much lighter and more blue looking.  I might have been wrong about a green component in the color of the syringe.

The spore print was sealed in a mylar plastic pouch.  The aluminum foil the print was on was also folded in half.  The print was not visible, and getting the water to wash out the spores was not working very well.

The lids have 4 holes as per PF TEK.  I injected 1cc in each jar, divided up evenly into 4 shots.  I ran the hypo needle down the side of the jar before squirting in a 1/4 of the 1cc allotment.

Lol, you know what? I was tripping a little when I responded, I had just been reading about those red spored pan cyans, and for some reason when I read you saying the spores were "a cyan color" that was what popped in my head. It never dawned on me that you were referring to the actual color "cyan". Damn I need to stop trying to reply to things online after eating these things. Not the first time I did something like that lol.

Edited by Billcoz, 07 May 2019 - 08:15 AM.

• Cuboid likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!