Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Possible to Hold Colonized trays two weeks without fruiting?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gr8fulHorticulturist

Gr8fulHorticulturist

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

What’s up everyone. I have a little issue and was hoping for some advice. I currently have 3 trays that are colonized and ready to go into the fruiting chamber. My issue is I’m leaving for Costa Rica one week from today and will be there for a week. Since I don’t have time to properly fruit these is there another option? I was thinking maybe put a casing layer to keep the moisture up and leaving them in the closet until I get back on the 17th. Another option could be breaking them up into a monotub with plenty of moist media and doing a tek like bods(of course very different, but you get the jist) Any experiences that have worked for you or any advice is greatly appreciated. Really glad to have a community of like minded individuals to help each other out. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:04 PM

Is there somewhere refrigerated or at cold / coollest spot in your place that you could put them? I don't have loads of experience but have found cold slows things down.

• Gr8fulHorticulturist likes this

#3 Gr8fulHorticulturist

Gr8fulHorticulturist

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:39 PM

@cuboid won’t let me reply directly to you for some reason. Thanks for the advice. I couldn’t post back the other day. Good idea..yeh man I live with my girlfriend who grows with me so we could clean it out and put them in the fridge while we were gone. Looks like that’ll be the best bet. Would you add water? Not sure how the fridge affects moisture. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Cuboid likes this

#4 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

I think fridges tend to dry things out ...
But I don't understand why/how. Seal it up to keep the moisture in?

#5 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,452 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:48 PM

Put them in a trash bag sealed up and then in the fridge.

Probably your best bet to stall them until you return home.

#6 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:24 PM

I think the fridge drys out the air bc of the blower, same as a FC.

#7 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:59 PM

Hey, I did a little trial of this (and have before as well) a few days ago. I had a 6 qt tub with 3" fruit prob a day away from maturity and needed to be gone for two days. I stuck it into a black trash bag and put into the fridge. Got back and was busy and waited another day to take it out. Then I would say it stalled it for about another day but then it started back and has done well. Took some pics but no need to post. BTW, I have a chest freezer I put a temp monitor with adjustable thermostat on / off controller (Amazon) into and it controls the temp to turn it into a fridge. This has worked great as I don't need extra freezer space but Iike having the extra fridge space for stuff like this.

#8 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:58 PM

I've refrigerated boxes that were at the primordial stage to halt fruiting at least 6x successfully.

• raymycoto likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!