289 replies to this topic

#41 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

Let me send you a ton of positive vibes, then!

I know people say that such a small dose will have no effect, but I can't help but say I have felt so happy so far today since taking the dose. I've been really unable to feel a low! I've been out for a walk with the dog, and done nothing but smile and laugh all day! I've been feeling way better than I normally do!

Maybe it's psychosomatic, but I like it! I can't wait to up the dose for next time!

Sorry to hear about your rough couple of days, joeya. It can, and will, only get better, and soon! Much love and hugs :)

• JanetPlanet and joeya like this

#42 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

Thanks, bro! Glad to hear that your day is going so well, keep smiling and enjoy it! Psychosomatic or not, if it's working just run with it!

• OldAndMiserable likes this

#43 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

Well, roughly 12 hours later, and my day has been great! I have felt happy and cheery all day (even more than normal :P)!

I have to say: this was a success!

Thank you to everyone for your help, support and advice! 

Watch for the next post on Monday, in which I raise the dose to .2g!

• JanetPlanet and joeya like this

#44 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,055 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

So OldAndMiserable

I  am curious are  you on a  scheduled like  3 days micro dosing  then one day off or 5 days on one off  or 5 on two off ....ect. ?

I like to give un asked for and  unsupported advice ... ha ha ..so feel free to ignore me .NP

But i think If i were YOU  i would pick a scheduled and stick to same dose for a few months or at least a few weeks and continue to document in your journal  before upping your dose .. UMM just my (non expert )  opinion .!

ok carry on ...

Thanks very much sincerely for sharing this  .Your thread on this  really appreciated  !

BEZ

Edited by bezevo, 10 May 2019 - 07:44 PM.

#45 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:39 PM

Thanks, Bez!

The original plan was to follow the scheduling set up by Dr. James Fadiman: dose, 2 days off, dose. When I took my first dose (described in Day 1), it went south quick, so I took a few days to recuperate and figure things out, and then repeated it for this entry. 

As I have mentioned, I started with the smallest dose possible due to being a noob :p but now that I have conquered those hindrances (so far), I feel I am ready to move on to bigger and better! I agree that staying on one dose for at least a few weeks would help nail down any benefits from said dose... but I do also acknowledge that, as others have said, the .1g dose effects seem to be pretty undetectable. I have said that I have felt happier than normal, but I don't know if it's because of the dose or if it's all in my head. You may be right about staying on this level for a while longer, though,to maybe easier determine if the effects are caused by the dose or not.

Hmmmmmm.........

#46 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,055 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

yes  per haps ............  also  some people are more sensitive  or some mushrooms stronger .

so .1 dose might be ok

after all the idea is not to feel giddy or high from the mycro  dose but to be  ........well fell better as for whatever reason your micro dosing .. be it  stress , depresion , OCD  AADD  , PTSD  in hanced cognative or creativity .. so on

what do they call it a effective sub perceptional dose . .

Edited by bezevo, 10 May 2019 - 09:25 PM.

#47 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:56 PM

I had a total of (roughly) 9 grams dried and ready to go, and because I know it is hard to measure out an accurate dose amount due to each mushroom having different amounts of psilocybin, I ground them to a powder to better equalize the doses. I feel that, if I do increase the dose size in gradual amounts, for example going to .2 the next time from the .1 this time, I'll slowly be able to build up to the big trips, which is my ultimate goal. I don't want to jump to the big time too fast, but I feel that this dose is too small and the effects I felt were all in my head due to my excitement in taking them.

I do like the idea of staying small for now, to get a better sense of where the effects are coming from. Maybe I should do that... But part of me really wants to go to the next step... :p

As you said microdosing is not for the high but for the mental and emotional benefits. I really want to experience the bigger dose, but maybe some fine-tuning on .1 is in order...

Time to think... hmmmm.....

• joeya likes this

#48 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,055 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:55 PM

ha  back in 70's i took  big doses of LSD and mushrooms .......all good .

i am very interested in the micro dosing trend . very exciting research at John Hopkins and University of Arizona to name a few  .

good luck

on your quest

• OldAndMiserable and Billcoz like this

#49 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:58 PM

I'm glad your feeling good about it O & M. Even if the effects of your dose were negligible and the good vibes and nice day were more from you not psyching yourself out, it's always a good idea to have that positive attitude when dosing. This stuff works in part because it enhances what your current mood already is when you dose. The effects of slightly larger doses you that can feel will be super pleasant if your already in a positive mood, taking steps to keep your mood good, like meditation, as you mentioned.

I promise, the effects will be nice if you do it like that. Bad trips and the anxiety experienced from even micro doses are really caused by your mindset, or bad setting. It sounds like you had a great setting, spending time out and about with your wife, that is the kind of thing IMO, that MDing is great for, and it enhances it.

I don't enjoy it on days when I am trying to be a lazy ass. It makes me feel as if I need to be out and about. When I am keeping busy and keeping a positive mindset the MDs definitely enhance the great mood, give me focus, enhances my empathy for those around me and makes me feel closer to them. I don't follow a regimen or planned schedule like the one you mentioned,  but that is probably the best way. There is science behind the plan, to bring out the most in the medicine. Hope you continue to do well with it, great to hear it wa good for the first(second) day. 

• OldAndMiserable and joeya like this

#50 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:00 AM

Just remember, whatever we reccomend its always a personalized experience. 4 different people may have 4 completely different methods that work.
  • OldAndMiserable, Billcoz and joeya like this

#51 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:10 AM

I try not to recommend anything like dose size etc, I just give my experience other than recommending the basics, like set and setting, and meditation. I don't generally weigh my MDs, I just grab a shroom and eat it.

I think following a scheduled plan like Old & Mis is following is a good way to do it, better than mine, more science based. 

#52 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:28 AM

Thank you, everyone!

I'm very happy with the way things are going so far! Even with the rough start on the first day, this has been a super positive beginning to what will be a great experience!

My intention with the microdosing (and the mushroom in general) is to better myself mentally and spiritually. Terrence McKenna has also been a huge inspiration for me getting into this, and his experiences with the mushroom is something I would love to experience for myself. Starting small is a way to get a feel for the potential of the magic involved.

The more I think about it, I'll probably stay at this small dose, to better feel out the effects and get a better understanding of what is to come... probably :P

#53 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

If I understand correctly, you started with 9 grams of shrooms which you powdered, correct? If so, I hope you've made accomodations to preserve it, I believe that when powdered, shrooms lose their effectiveness rather quickly unless preserved. I've read a lot about honey locking in the good stuff, so if you haven't already, I suggest you read around this forum for that kind of info. At .1 to .2 grams at a time, it will take a long time get through 9 grams! I'm glad things are looking up for you, I hope that trend continues for you!

#54 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the tip, Joe!

I have them in the blender cup I ground them in, and it's in a dark space, as I have read that direct light can affect their effectiveness. I'll look into that honey option!

#55 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

I've noticed that I feel less happy-go-lucky today... Lots of little things seem to be upsetting me. Not a lot, really, tho; just kinda ticking me off somewhat.

So far, it seems as if the .1g dose makes me more easy-going. My next dose day is Monday; I'll be trying the same amount and gauging the effects. 

#56 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

Today is going to be fantastic.

Great to hear this!!  Is this the same person who posted the earlier first microdose thread? I had to go back and check :smile:

That is the right way to start off your day whether microdosing or not.

9:20 am. I am HUNGRY!!!

Gonna make some fried egg sandwiches and eat some pineapple, too!

Glad you took the dose more of less NPO but you would be better to consider a longer NPO state on the MD days (or every day). Skipping the morning meal and doing 'breakfast' around noon or so will make a huge difference overall in your metabolic health. Plus it will simplify your day.

Add to your daily intentions or reminders that extending your overnight fast will help push your body and mind toward a fantastic day. This will change your though of "I'm hungry!" to "I'm just fine". And more so, this will build on your mental strength over time. You have all the nourishment you need. I have way TMI to discuss here but I'd best shut up about it before I type a whole book. What to 'eat' in the morning  . . .

What's OK:

• water, coffee, tea (real tea - infusion of camelia sinenis herbal mixture - nothing out of a can or bottle)
  • electrolytes
  • meds
  • vitamins
  • full fat additive to coffee or whatever (choose pasture raised if you can)
  • heavy cream
  • butter
  • coconut oil
  • MCT preparations

What's not OK

• everything else . . . basically
  • no carbs
  • no protein
  • artificial sweetners

Honestly, I'm on day 2 of an MS flare-up and mostly bedridden, so I'm hoping for many updates from you with positive vibes!

Hoping for your improvement. I don't know anything about your overall health but metabolic state is the first step in healing. Nutrition is primary among all the basics and the above time limited eating (TLE) is a first step in nutrition for many situations, not to mention general health.

If I understand correctly, you started with 9 grams of shrooms which you powdered, correct? If so, I hope you've made accomodations to preserve it, I believe that when powdered, shrooms lose their effectiveness rather quickly unless preserved.

Yikes, I totally agree! You are looking at most of a year of MD with your 9 gm that is already powdered. Consider the following:

Keep in separate containers.

• Dish out one gm at a time into a small container that you open every three days.
  • Leave the other sealed and refrigerated or frozen in the dark. Perhaps also keep the smaller one in the fridge or freezer.
  • When you open either, allow to come to room temp. This will limit condensation into the larger bin.
  • Get some silica moisture absorbent packs and place in the bags or bins
  • Maybe get some O2 absorbers as well. Cheap hand warmer packs are the same thing. They are powdered iron plus a rust accellerant.
  • Dry nitrogen flush of the larger bin - prob not worth it unless you have N2 source sitting around.
  • Start your own grow if you have not!

So far, it seems as if the .1g dose makes me more easy-going. My next dose day is Monday; I'll be trying the same amount and gauging the effects.

Agree on this

Thanks for the feedback. We are all proud of your progress and determination.

#57 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

Today is going to be fantastic.

Great to hear this!!  Is this the same person who posted the earlier first microdose thread? I had to go back and check :smile:

That is the right way to start off your day whether microdosing or not.

Thanks, Ray! I have been striving to begin each day with positive vibes, especially now that I've begun the microdose experiment. Set and setting are key, and I am making the most of it!!!

Glad you took the dose more of less NPO but you would be better to consider a longer NPO state on the MD days (or every day). Skipping the morning meal and doing 'breakfast' around noon or so will make a huge difference overall in your metabolic health. Plus it will simplify your day.

Add to your daily intentions or reminders that extending your overnight fast will help push your body and mind toward a fantastic day. This will change your though of "I'm hungry!" to "I'm just fine". And more so, this will build on your mental strength over time. You have all the nourishment you need. I have way TMI to discuss here but I'd best shut up about it before I type a whole book. What to 'eat' in the morning  . . .

What's OK:

• water, coffee, tea (real tea - infusion of camelia sinenis herbal mixture - nothing out of a can or bottle)
  • electrolytes
  • meds
  • vitamins
  • full fat additive to coffee or whatever (choose pasture raised if you can)
  • heavy cream
  • butter
  • coconut oil
  • MCT preparations

What's not OK

• everything else . . . basically
  • no carbs
  • no protein
  • artificial sweetners

I really appreciate the diet advice! I've been trying to revamp my daily diet for health and weight control, so this is very welcome! Most mornings, I just have my routine coffee and don't eat till lunchtime, anyway, but for some reason I was FAMISHED that morning! :P I'll gladly take any more info on this that you want to share (if you feel like typing more :P )

... what do you mean by 'NPO'?

If I understand correctly, you started with 9 grams of shrooms which you powdered, correct? If so, I hope you've made accomodations to preserve it, I believe that when powdered, shrooms lose their effectiveness rather quickly unless preserved.

Yikes, I totally agree! You are looking at most of a year of MD with your 9 gm that is already powdered. Consider the following:

Keep in separate containers.

• Dish out one gm at a time into a small container that you open every three days.
  • Leave the other sealed and refrigerated or frozen in the dark. Perhaps also keep the smaller one in the fridge or freezer.
  • When you open either, allow to come to room temp. This will limit condensation into the larger bin.
  • Get some silica moisture absorbent packs and place in the bags or bins
  • Maybe get some O2 absorbers as well. Cheap hand warmer packs are the same thing. They are powdered iron plus a rust accellerant.
  • Dry nitrogen flush of the larger bin - prob not worth it unless you have N2 source sitting around.
  • Start your own grow if you have not!

Thanks for this info, as well! You guys are all amazing!!! 

I'm getting things together to start some more cakes on Monday (Figure I've had my pressure cooker for long enough - should finally break it in). I've only been able to find 500ml jars, so they are gonna be some big cakes, but they'll take a while to colonize completely. I'm also planning to get a warmer option together to help hurry things along (aquarium heater / heating pad / so on). 

You all rock! :D 

• Billcoz and joeya like this

#58 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:33 PM

"Honestly, I'm on day 2 of an MS flare-up and mostly bedridden, so I'm hoping for many updates from you with positive vibes!"

"Hoping for your improvement. I don't know anything about your overall health but metabolic state is the first step in healing. Nutrition is primary among all the basics and the above time limited eating (TLE) is a first step in nutrition for many situations, not to mention general health."

Thanks Ray. Actually, I'm pretty much a fitness nut when MS allows me, which is most of the time. I'm in the gym most days, eat very well. I'm quite familiar with intermittent fasting, which is pretty much what you are describing above. I've been dealing with MS for about 14 years now and mostly managed to accept it as part of my lifestyle until I'm in the middle of a flare-up, when I become a whiny, self-pitying fool for a few days. I've also learned the hard way that when it hits me, follow my cravings. I usually gain a few pounds when I'm down, but it will come back off the first couple weeks after. 

It's a bit counter-intuited that so many in the mushroom community are rather healthy, and the amount of intelligence here is amazing! 

O+M , sorry to hear that today is less upbeat than yesterday, just try to remember life is a series of ups and downs, hopefully your downs are less down now with your experiments. See what the weekend brings, and then your dose on Monday as well. I'll keep looking for updates! Be well!

• raymycoto, OldAndMiserable, Billcoz and 1 other like this

#59 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

I wanted to give a little(funny) warning to everyone and this is a good thread to do it I suppose, it has to do with MDing. I usually eyeball the shrooms(roughly .5-.75 grams) and grind em and mix it in juice or tea, never really paying attention to the volume of powder that goes into the tea/juice.

Well yesterday I went to take a little MD and had a bunch of already ground shrooms from last weekend so I just grabbed a couple pinches of it and mixed it in some lemonade to chug. Usually I don't feel all that much, mainly the mild visual clarity and color enhancement, and feeling a "lightness" which is normally not distracting or disorienting/impairing for my daily activities. Well I think I accidentally grabbed about 2-2.25 grams of the powder and DEFINITELY had a small trip while out and about. Not that it was super hard to handle, but I had a few moments where I had to regain control. Grocery shopping was actually way fun, the colorful stocked shelves were very vivid and moving. 

Anyways, I'm lucky I was not driving when the shit kicked in, usually I forget completely that I took a MD and didn't expect it, that would've freaked me out a little if I was going 75mph down the expressway lol. Luckily it was the weekend and I had no super important shit to do.

So just weigh the damn microdoses, actually all doses, that's my warning.

• OldAndMiserable and joeya like this

#60 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:35 PM

Thank you both for sharing!

Joeya - Sending out good vibes right now, brother, for a quick recovery. I've had one business partner for whom his MS eventually quit flaring up. Hoping yours can trend this way!!!  You know more than the rest of us that nutrition is so incredibly important but so hard to get right in our agriculturally screwed up system. PM me if you have any questions or anything. You can probably teach me some things. If you have any anecdotal info to share re MS and mushrooms of any sort including the edibles, please share. It's very important for such stories to be known. And yes, intermittent fasting - good stuff. I avoid the f word, 'fasting' as much as I can when talking to folks as one can quickly get some eye rolls and get tuned out. Especially coming from a skinny guy talking about fasting. As you know, it's not about weight loss, it's about metabolic health.

'coz - yes, weigh your sh##!! :biggrin: Great story - make the most out of the ceremony, whether the effect is big or small - it comes from within.

• OldAndMiserable, Billcoz and joeya like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!