• raymycoto, OldAndMiserable, Billcoz and 1 other like this

#62 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

Man, somehow I missed your post before Joeya, MS is tough, i hope you're recovery goes well.

• OldAndMiserable and joeya like this

#63 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:50 PM

Stacking lions mane and willow shelf has proven effective treating. MS

Was looking around at this. Is there a specific willow bracket fungus that you have in mind?

• joeya likes this

#64 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:16 PM

Phelinnius Ignarius.

https://multiplescle...iple-sclerosis/
  • raymycoto, OldAndMiserable and joeya like this

#65 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:25 AM

JK, thank you for that info. I knew of, and make use of, the lions mane data but the willow bracket is new to me, and is very interesting!

Thank you all for the supporting comments also. As flare ups go, this is far from my worst. I was even able to be outdoors most of the day yesterday celebrating mothers day with my wife, family and friends.

I certainly never intended to divert O+M's thread, in fact I shared this info here as a means to encourage him to provide updates, as I found hearing about someone else's success with a regimen to be a helpful diversion to my own present challenge. With that said, thank you all again for your posts! 

O+M, are you dosing again today?

• OldAndMiserable and Billcoz like this

#66 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

I sure am! About to start the Day 3 post!

• joeya likes this

#67 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:37 AM

Well, it's an hour later than last time, but I got the .1g dose in. I feel so much more relaxed now that I have a bit of experience under my belt, not to mention the awesome support from the amazing people here!

It's a cool, wet day today; been raining off and on (mostly on) the last few days, which really makes it hard to get outdoors. I was hoping to do some mushroom hunting! I'm a member of a mushroom hunter group on Facebook, and I see people posting all their finds, but with the wet weather, it makes it hard to be outside... 

Rain, rain, go away! :P

It seems to have stopped for now, but I imagine it's pretty swampy out there... oh well. Time to enjoy the day, anyway! My wife is home today, and we have plans to hang out a bunch; might even see if we can get out for lunch to our fave Vietnamese place... MMMM!!!! I'm also gonna mix up a bunch of BRF for a new set of jars! They are 500ml jars, so they'll be big cakes and take a bit to colonize, but half the fun (for me, anyway) is watching the development! I also have some bird seed in the garage... maybe 2 different sets of jars is in order... We'll see :)

More updates to follow!

• Salem, Oneyedraven, Billcoz and 1 other like this

#68 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:25 PM

Bad news....

... The restaurant was closed :P so we settled for Chinese lunch buffet. 

I'm feeling pretty chill; been a good day so far, and it's only getting better! The wife and I are headed out to the nearby bakery for some excellent snacks!!! Mmmmmm.... 

I have to say, despite the tiny size of the .1g dose, I can tell it is doing something to me. My mood has improved today; I'm more happy and jovial. And even tho it's a grey day today, I'm still walking on sunshine :D

I'll return soon!

• Billcoz and joeya like this

#69 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Man I'm hungry for pho and spring rolls now.
  • Oneyedraven, OldAndMiserable, Billcoz and 1 other like this

#70 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

Me too, man... Maybe I can sweet talk the wife into going tomorrow.

Sorry... :P

• joeya likes this

#71 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:38 PM

Pho is always good, Chinese also. I have to say though, where I live now, both are nowhere near as good as most other places I've lived previously. Fortunately, there are other aspects of living here that make that sacrifice worthwhile!

Glad to hear you're having a good day O+M, sounds like you are tolerating this dosage level quite well now. Any thoughts about moving up a notch yet, or are you happy with it as is?

#72 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:06 PM

I've been thinking about that, Joe.

While I do enjoy the feeling this dose brings, I do want to experience more. I want to extend the benefits, to gain more from the mushroom and be able to do the large trips to help me work through the obstacles in my mind. And while I am not quite ready to jump the scale too much, I do feel that going up to the next step is possible. This small dose is comfortable, but I am starting to see why people have said they don't feel it; I have noticed the effects after it kicked in, but it is almost imperceptible. 

I think the next dose will be .2g. I feel ready to move on to bigger and better... it's funny; when I say that, my mind starts to race and I begin to overreact. Seems I have a bit of work ahead of me before then...

I'm thinking of writing up a list of the doses I have taken and the effects I have felt in a new thread, to be shared with the community so that others who might be nervous, as I have been, about trying these for the first time have a guide of sorts to help them along. When I up the dose, I can go back and edit the list, adding the new info to keep it updated. What do you guys think?

• raymycoto and joeya like this

#73 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:29 PM

I think that would definitely be a good idea, and also when doing so, to link back to your day one and day two posts so anyone reading it can get some perspective on the level of consternation you had at those times. I think your cautious approach is certainly giving you significant benefits and confidence, so you should only try a bigger dose when you feel ready, if at all. This kind of treatment regimen is a very personal one, each person is different, and what you have written does a great job of capturing how it has worked for you. 

• raymycoto, OldAndMiserable and Billcoz like this

#74 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

Yes, I would recommend continuing one thread. Else the older ones will drop on the list since nobody will be posting to the older ones I presume. If it's worthwhile, then perhaps a admin could, at some point merge them at a later date, but I'd just keep on with this thread for subsequent days of MD and its discussion :smile:

• coorsmikey and OldAndMiserable like this

#75 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:20 PM

Thanks, guys!

I agree that one thread would be ideal, making it easier to access all the info I can share. However, I feel weird about using a post titled "Day 3" for days 4 and on. While I do need to stop making so many new threads, I am going to start a new one for day 4 and title it accordingly, so that it will allow for multiple days without confusion and easing my sense of perfectionism :P Sorry! I promise I won't do it again!!!

Is there a way I can delete my old threads? Or is that an admin thing?

#76 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:43 PM

Don't think you can delete but I wouldn't. Lots of good info there. And maybe just continue this day 3 thread. Admins can rename threads if needed. Seems odd, but once you put in a title, you cannot change it.

• OldAndMiserable and Billcoz like this

#77 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:40 PM

I was thinking about deleting some of the older threads, actually. I agree, these recent ones are pretty info-packed! How do I get a hold of someone about changing up the name? I'm thinking of renaming it to something like "Adventures in Microdosing" or what have you :P

• JanetPlanet likes this

#78 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

By the way:

This day was great! The mushroom brought it's expected brightness to the blah weather-ridden outdoors, and I felt cheery and happy all day! About 2 hours ago, I did get into a run of 'what am I doing with my life' type of thoughts, but it wasn't the typical down-on-myself style; I was more optimistic and hopeful. 

Despite this being a small dose with little effects, it has been a great booster to my everyday life! I can't wait to see what happens next time!!

• Psychgro and Billcoz like this

#79 Phish

Phish

PhishPhan

• Gold VIP
  • 61 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:18 PM

I’m enjoying following your microdosing regimen posts OaM. Please continue to keep us updated. And glad to see your mood uplifted too.
  • Psychgro, OldAndMiserable and joeya like this

#80 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

Thanks, Musher! (sorry for the late reply!)

With the way the mushroom has been helping my mood, it's hard to resist taking the tiny dose everyday! :P 

To all:  how do I get in touch with an Admin to change the name of the thread? I don't want to start a new one for everyday, as discussed earlier...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!