• JanetPlanet likes this

#82 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

With the way the mushroom has been helping my mood, it's hard to resist taking the tiny dose everyday! :P

I've not tried daily dosing nor have I heard it described much but the prevailing thoughts are:

• there is some short term tolerance that develops such that subsequent dosing has a reduced effect
  • the post microdosing days may confer a glow of sorts that is part of the therapy or ritual of the MD

Perhaps others can comment. I have heard mention of a 5 on / 2 off plan. If there were some measurable parameter for MD then it would be fascinating to formulate some sort of dosing curve for calculation of effect vs time since last dose.

Would probably, as with other drugs, be a biphasic curve. That is, hours after the first dose, the number is less than 100% (dose 2 builds on first dose) then on the next day it's less than one (slight tolerance effect requiring dose 2 > 100%). By day 4, this would presumably return to 100%.

• OldAndMiserable and Billcoz like this

#83 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:45 AM

With the way the mushroom has been helping my mood, it's hard to resist taking the tiny dose everyday! :P

I've not tried daily dosing nor have I heard it described much but the prevailing thoughts are:

• there is some short term tolerance that develops such that subsequent dosing has a reduced effect
  • the post microdosing days may confer a glow of sorts that is part of the therapy or ritual of the MD

Perhaps others can comment. I have heard mention of a 5 on / 2 off plan. If there were some measurable parameter for MD then it would be fascinating to formulate some sort of dosing curve for calculation of effect vs time since last dose.

Would probably, as with other drugs, be a biphasic curve. That is, hours after the first dose, the number is less than 100% (dose 2 builds on first dose) then on the next day it's less than one (slight tolerance effect requiring dose 2 > 100%). By day 4, this would presumably return to 100%.

Any time I've tried to take a MD for more than 4-5 days straight it seems to stop working, also if you get up to higher, but still "micro" doses(a gram), and you want to really trip one day, it takes a lot more to get there. That is why I don't always MD, I'll take a week or two off in preparation for a good trip.

Edited by Billcoz, 15 May 2019 - 03:46 AM.

• OldAndMiserable likes this

#84 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

I'm not going to do it every day. The results are just so awesome, I just want to experience them every day! :P

===============================================================================================================================================================

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For those of you just tuning in, this thread is all about my experiences with microdosing. I've spent the last (give or take) 2 and 1/2 years learning all I can about the wonders of the mushroom and all its amazing benefits, in the hopes that I could use it to work on and better myself and my life. I've been dealing with mental health issues for 5+ years, and the plethora of pills I've used have wreaked havoc with their side effects, so I searched for alternative medicines and methods of healing. The huge advantages of psilocybin were too good to pass by, and so it came to pass that I hopped eagerly on board the mushroom bandwagon. 

But I was scared. 5+ years of severe anxiety and panic attacks made it hard to try anything new, so I was reluctant to start dosing. But after lots of talk with the amazing people here on Mycotopia and getting TONS of amazing advice and encouragement, I was ready to give it a try... and I am sooooo glad I have! It's changed my life for the absolute better!

I started this journal in the hopes that I could offer a source of help to those who are new to the mushroom experience and may have cold feet, as I did/do. I have begun documenting my experiences to give my point of view as a newbie and to give you encouragement, to help you become comfortable with the use of this amazing plant medicine!

My microdoses have started small ( .1g ) and will increase as I become more comfortable with the effects. Feel free to check back in for updates and dose increases!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

===============================================================================================================================================================

As it stands right now, here are the effects I have experienced so far:

.1g Dose (taken in the morning on an empty stomach) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

- a sense of calm and ease

- increased happiness

- relaxed demeanor

The feelings are slight and sometimes hard to notice, but depending on my morning leading up to the dose and my frame of mind beforehand, they are sometimes quite noticeable, as well. I take the dose with a bit of water to wash it down, and usually within 30 mins (roughly) I begin to notice the subtle effects.

With such a small amount, there is no chance of getting the "trippy" feelings and visuals. There are no changes in physical feelings, either; it's all mental effects, increasing my emotional side to a place of "happy-go-lucky" and "it's a great day!" 

If you are unsure of where to start, I am of the mind of "baby steps", and would recommend this dose size as a place to begin to get your feet wet and experience what this wonderful medicine can do for you!

#85 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,958 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

I can't help myself and have to say "Imagine what you may be missing out on with a full size dose". As much as I enjoy a good break through dose once in a while, I have never gotten over the fear and angst diving in for that journey no matter how many times I have under my belt. Please don't take me wrong, I totally get what you're doing with the baby steps. I also don't recommend that someone that is mentally unstable to do a full size dose. There is a difference though than having anxiety and depression in comparison to freak out crazy, thinking the world is out to get you and the helicopters flying by are monitoring your movements and acting out with violence. Keep in mind, that if that doesn't sound familiar to you, then a full sized dose only lasts an evening but the effect will last a lifetime. There is something to a breakthrough trip that none of us can truly describe to you. Ah I could keep rambling on and on, but I won't. There is a ton of documentation and support here already describing this. I have had terrible panic attacks and I can truly say that a 15 min attack is much worse than the fear of the unknown experience of a 6 hour mushroom trip.

Edited by coorsmikey, 16 May 2019 - 06:17 AM.

• raymycoto, Billcoz and joeya like this

#86 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

Coorsmikey, I understand and appreciate what you're saying.

I am not saying that I want to stay at the small doses forever. I'm not trying to tell others to tread lightly and be as wary as I have been, either. This thread is about my experiences with microdosing, in lieu of preparing for the full dose, and my wanting to help those who may be cautious or unsure about the mushroom. I hate talking about it repeatedly, but during those 5+ years of anxiety and panic, I basically lived in my basement because It felt safe, and being anywhere else, sometimes even being upstairs in my own home, felt like I was on another planet. I used to walk my son to school and all but run home afterwards. Going to the grocery store required a hooded sweater and hat pulled down low to prevent me from making eye contact with people and possibly having to say hi. While I didn't think of the helicopters, I was sure that the world wanted to devour me. It's only been recently (within the last couple of years) that I have been able to move past all that and begin to live a normal life again, and I attribute a lot of that to my discovery of magic mushrooms.

Learning about the amazing things people have been able to change in their lives gave me a sense of hope. Watching videos and listening to testimonials about how people who have been all but cured from situations easily worse than what I had been going through made it so easy to accept that this was the thing for me. And researching everything I could about every facet of this medicine definitely helped solidify the need to incorporate this magic in my life. This site, especially, has been one of the best things I have ever been a part of when it comes to learning!

My 'baby step' approach/microdosing is for a number of reasons:

1) Not wanting to get into a place I am not ready for

2) Wanting to better understand all this medicine can do for me

3) Being unsure of how it will affect me

4) Helping to better acclimate to the effects to aid in my 'Set and Setting'

5) Being able to use the benefits of the mushroom in my daily life without having to 'trip'

Believe me, I want to experience the full/'heroic' dose. I want to expand my mind, to explore the depths of the universe from the comfort of my being and to be one with everything so very much. But I also want to be sure I am ready and set to go the distance. This is how I feel most comfortable in achieving that goal.

I will get there; I just need to do it in my own way. 

• Billcoz and JanetPlanet like this

#87 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:10 AM

Believe me, I want to experience the full/'heroic' dose. I want to expand my mind, to explore the depths of the universe from the comfort of my being and to be one with everything so very much. But I also want to be sure I am ready and set to go the distance. This is how I feel most comfortable in achieving that goal.

Everyone's journey is different. It sounds like .1gm is truly a heroic dose for you right now, and that you're right where you need to be. 

#88 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:24 AM

Today is dose day!

I stuck with the .1g dose today, due to the rough beginning of the day; grumpy kid with attitude made for a 'fun' time before school... yay. :p  So I figured it would be best to play it safe.

So far, since my dose at 8:30, I've been out for a walk through the woods with the dog for an hour and a half, and I am now getting ready to put together my new BBQ! With the amazingly sunny day out there, I can't wait to do some grillin'!

I'm also (finally) gonna mix up some new jars... I keep procrasting :P

Woo!

• Billcoz likes this

#89 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

Well, today was not the best day. 

The mushroom helped, to be sure. But despite the help, it was still a rough day. My son has hit the time of changing emotions and raging hormones, also known as "The Pre-Teen Years", and so he's developed an attitude that reared it's head this morning. That made it hard to be in a good mood, and even with the help of the mushroom and the warm fresh air of the day, I was hard-pressed to keep up with feeling super great. I settled for mediocre and went on with the day.

I don't blame him; I went through the same stuff as a kid, though I wasn't diagnosed. In trying to fix myself, I am hoping to help him, as well, and that's one of the main reasons I am working with this medicine. He and I have gotten into some pretty heavy arguments, and I often regret the things that get said or the damage I do when I hit a door or wall out of anger. That is something I want to fix, and the mushroom has so far proven to be an effective asset. Today, I was in a rough mindset, and so it didn't help me as much as it could, but that's on me. I wasn't really able to let go of my feelings from the morning, and so the mushroom was unable to work in me effectively.

My next dose day is Sunday, and I am going to do .2g. I am ready to step up my healing, to leave behind the things that don't serve me anymore and be the best me I can be. I'm doing it more for my family than for me, and that is more than enough reason to do it. 

• raymycoto, Billcoz and joeya like this

#90 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:01 AM

Well there are good and bad days no matter what. I don't have any kids so I can't speak to those sorts of stresses. On thing I'll say is that, at least for me, the mushrooms can make it difficult to achieve anger, but again, no kids lol. I think you'll enjoy the slightly higher dosage of .2, I generally feel at-threshold effects at about .5, maybe .25-.3 will give minor "MD" effects. As JKDeth said before, all dosage advice is personal & anecdotal, and not the same for everyone. Good luck again O & M.

• OldAndMiserable and joeya like this

#91 AlteredEgo

AlteredEgo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:30 AM

It is called micro for a reason...take it and go for a walk someplace beautiful  and don't think about "it"...

#92 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,369 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:16 PM

It is called micro for a reason...take it and go for a walk someplace beautiful  and don't think about "it"...

Good point haha. Especially with these sub-threshold dosages, if i am trying too hard feel effects it can get frustrating. That is why when I want to trip I take 3 grams at least(that is my experience, not a recommendation), so I have no choice but to "feel it"..

Edited by Billcoz, Yesterday, 05:17 PM.

#93 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 07:00 AM

Today is the day!

I'm a tad nervous, but I'm also so ready! I know it's a small dose, like the .1g, so I will survive (of course, I'll survive the larger doses too). 

The plan is to dose and go out for a nature walk  :smile: I joined a mushroom hunters group on Facebook and I see almost everyone posting their finds, and I'm getting jealous  :tongue: so it's time to get out there and search!!!

Might bring the dog, tho she tends to wrap her leash around every tree and eat everything I try to look at/pick up  :angry:  :biggrin:  :laugh:

I'll post a pic and update in a bit! WOO!!!

• AlteredEgo likes this

#94 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 07:27 AM

20190519_081533.jpg

I'm gonna bring the dog with me; she's too cute to leave at home :p

All I've had today is a cup of coffee, so I'm basically running on empty. I'll be using a small bit of water to wash the dose down, as well.

The sun is shining, and the weather app says it's a beautiful 16 degrees, and by the afternoon it'll feel like 32. So excited to get out there!

I'll post more as the day goes on!

• raymycoto likes this

#95 joeya

joeya

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 69 posts

Posted Today, 10:25 AM

I hope it works well for you! I took what turned out to be pretty much a below threshold dose yesterday (about 1.5 gram dried) so I was hoping to see some benefit like you've described from a micro dose. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have that either, and instead had a crappy nights sleep. So now I'm look forward to later this week when I can try again with a larger dose. Keep us posted on how your day goes!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!