• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 808jake

808jake

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

Okay, I don't know what to do and I'm at my wits ends! My wife and I followed procedures to a T when it comes to these monotubs so please allow me to clear some what would be questions. The substrate is moist and the mycelium is healthy. I can't seem to get the humidity up in these tubs and what is happening is we are getting for very premature aborts one here two there, they spring up and die. Can someone one please help us we are in dire straights here! As a side not the strain is Chitawan Nepal and our distributor has only told us that they require 90% humidity and will help us no further.

tub2.jpg  

Tub1.jpg

Tub3.jpg

#2 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,011 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

If there is a lack of humidity, why?

Too much airflow?

Too cool of temps so water retained in soil/casing cannot evaporate?

What are the other environment variables?

It looks healthy!

• 808jake likes this

#3 808jake

808jake

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:20 PM

Okay, the variables are thus, temps range anywhere from 80-90 degrees and there are four holes in each tub however the substrate level is quite far from the hole give or take 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Also we have a cool mist humidifier running.

#4 808jake

808jake

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:34 PM

I need to break even and I want everyone PLEASE have a good laugh because I'm laughing right now at myself. This is my VERY FIRST time and yes I chose a monotub method because I thought " Yippy skippy my own nature!" and "OOOOHhhhhhh Chitawan Nepal! Must be exotic and DIFFERENT!" BIG LOL =) Thank you everyone. Also, don't be fooled by my pic, I KNOW God put mushrooms on this Earth for YOU and EYE!

#5 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,452 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

Lower the temp for starters to 70 - 75

Using a hand mister start misting a couple of times a day until you seen some condensation on the walls of the tub.

I don't understand your statement about a kool mist - where is it running?

If it's inside the room then I'd just shut it down and mist in the tub until things cool down and humidity inside the tub comes up.

Looks like an awesome grow to me otherwise!

• Zen_, MsBehavin420 and 808jake like this

#6 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,149 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

What rock said. Looks good somethings just a little off. Is the substrate thin? It's sounding like things mY be on the dry side.
  • 808jake likes this

#7 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,011 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:36 PM

roc is correct.

Essentially kill air movement in the tub. Seal it up so it can maintain the micro environment. Hand mist and fan with the lid a couple times a day, lower the temps, and ensure there is always visible condensation on the walls. 

• 808jake likes this

#8 808jake

808jake

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

Well to our consternation and the will of the mushrooms, the little bastards have started growing! Thank you again! This whole time my lacking consisted of patience and a slight bit of temperature change! Once again thank you all for all of you rewarding wisdom!

• Zen_ and roc like this

#9 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

I ended up doing dub tubs so that I could keep the humidity really high without soaking the substrate too much or spraying the pins and causing aborts. With the larger outer tub I could spray the sides and add as much water to the bottom i needed even and not hurt the material with too much moisture. Just my experience with it but it helped tremendously.
  • JanetPlanet and 808jake like this

#10 808jake

808jake

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:27 PM

Everything has worked out very well everyone! It's amazing, someone here once wrote that they will pretty much grow themselves and I have found out that patience was missing from our equation. I tried them and ego died twice. Chitwan Nepal are small I will post pictures here soon. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190514_093145627.jpg
  • IMG_20190512_100720214.jpg

#11 808jake

808jake

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:36 PM

The experience was remarkable. Ladies and gents I do not dance, I'm a DJ a producer of house/trance and progressive house for 15 years but these make me dance! I didn't know I could until now. These mushrooms are not to be toyed with, they are very potent. I do not sell or solicit the cultivation of Psilocybe Cubensis mushrooms. I promote safe and responsible usage of these though. I have had a major breakthrough in my life here recently because of these. My mother in law is dying of cancer and I couldn't handle it on my own and so they really did help. 

• JanetPlanet likes this

#12 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:55 PM

I ended up doing dub tubs so that I could keep the humidity really high without soaking the substrate too much or spraying the pins and causing aborts. With the larger outer tub I could spray the sides and add as much water to the bottom i needed even and not hurt the material with too much moisture. Just my experience with it but it helped tremendously.

oH, WoW!

You put your dub tubs inside of a larger tub and keep the microenvironment humid that way?

Brilliant! In all my over-researching I haven't run across this idea.

I'm interested in knowing more.

Can you post a picture? How do you keep the oxygen level up?

#13 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,149 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:21 PM

Properly set up a dub tub should take care of itself. No misting, no fanning, no outside chamber neccesary.

#14 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,149 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Like this:

20190510_115759.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!