Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Denver first in U.S. to decriminalize psychedelic mushrooms!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:36 AM

Wow!

https://www.denverpo...magic-mushroom/

• Myc, Juthro, Heirloom and 3 others like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,825 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:53 AM

Given enough time, common-sense may prevail after all. 

• roc, Dr.Hallucination , Heirloom and 2 others like this

#3 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:58 AM

One does have hope!
  • Myc likes this

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,647 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:11 PM

Now if Oregon and California can swing it in 2020.... :)

• Myc, Heirloom , SteampunkScientist and 1 other like this

#5 MiltonWadams

MiltonWadams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:37 PM

Given enough time, common-sense may prevail after all.

It's happening with marijuana. We can hope.
Man, do I hope Cali decriminalizes also...
It really is a no-brainer; Schedule 1 asserts that a drug doesn't have any therapeutic value, but when you realize the real benefits these things have for smoking cessation, PTSD, depression, ambulatory comfort... That is simply not true now, is it?

Edited by MiltonWadams, 09 May 2019 - 11:42 PM.

• Myc, Juthro and SteampunkScientist like this

#6 Ambient74

Ambient74

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:04 PM

Something is definitely stirring in the waters. Change or, dare I say, growth is happening in the world of man.

Perhaps in time we can see that dictating to an adult, a sovereign being, what they can or can not ingest in the privacy of their own homes is simply ridiculous.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#7 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:13 AM

I saw that as well. Very exciting. It's like the old days of say Ann arbor decriminalizing cannabis use and will probably take some time but it is on the way!!! That would be the major step if the re classified the schedules on drugs. Hopefully coming soon. We could use the federal govt. In that case. Even with cannabis in Michigan we have this county or city deciding they will or wont allow medical still in some cases and now they are doing it with recreational. I thought how stupid, if you have places that grow supplying the same products to med or recreational why in hell do you need two different stores or only allow one or the other to be available in your area? Plus many places such as parks and certain businesses with federal ties like funding or rules, those businesses are deciding to not allow their workers the same rights as everyone else is getting. Just meaning you can still be fired and whatnot if you get a dirty pee test. Just fix it already!

#8 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:19 AM

I need to find out more but I just read on how they made it so caregivers can't sell any product to stores ect but that's been the case as they were figuring things out the last couple of years. Anyways I hear that if a caregiver were to take surplus to the growers and providers that they could purchase and sell it at the dispensary as long as it was tested just like it was their own product. So there is some home that the small caregiver could legally get rid of some of their product. The testing part is a good thing because in the beginning any CG could sell to any Disp. But there was absolutely no quality control and alot of questionable product was being put out for sale. Lower quality mainly but now can check for mold ect. They were purchasing almost anything at some points I think, just to have something on their shelves.

#9 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

Once the federal laws are changed, then the ridiculous county by county, and town by town "laws" can be fully challenged in court and struck down....just like it happened during the civil rights struggle.

In fact, this is a civil rights struggle!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 12 May 2019 - 09:50 AM.

• twoguysupnorth and PJammer24 like this

#10 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:58 PM

Agree! Civil(ized) rights. It drives me nuts that everywhere you go can have different rules. Cannabis has probably literarily saved my life while struggling with IBS, nerve pain and damage, drug abuse, and having my Dr undertreated me or not treat me at all for certain issues because "WEED". capital Ahole and now he is beginning suboxone treatment but I'm paying a hundred a month to see a different Dr because he is so biased and honestly I am pissed at him for so many things. I don't want his treatment anymore. I'm currently looking for a decent generalized Dr to help me take care of these issues. Not one who says all these things I bring up that could help are bunk with no science. Funny that I am having better luck treating myself on my thyroid issue and my own pain management system and no one is telling me it's all in my head or that I am too sensitive. Long story and rant is over...for now. Lol

#11 MiltonWadams

MiltonWadams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:15 PM

Once the federal laws are changed, then the ridiculous county by county, and town by town "laws" can be fully challenged in court and struck down....just like it happened during the civil rights struggle.

In fact, this is a civil rights struggle!

Indeed. If I'm not endangering anybody, what business is it of the government to try to regulate what I put into my body?

• SteampunkScientist and Cuboid like this

#12 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,429 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

I happened to be in town during the vote, and my hosts pointed out that the measure didn't really decrim psychedelic fungi, it merely made fungi the lowest local law enforcement priority.

It's still illegal to cultivate, and technically it's still illegal to possess but Denver police won't go out of their way to bust you for mushrooms anymore. And you may be out of luck if you head up to Boulder (or anywhere outside of Denver) with your stash and the police find it, and there is still the legal issue of getting your stash grown or otherwise brought into Denver.

It's not as big a step as some headlines make it appear, but the fact that it's a step in the right direction at all is major news nonetheless.

Baby steps are certainly better than none, and they will get bigger as the pro-psychedelic movement continues to grow. And it's growing fast; I saw 40 people over the course of two weekends taking Ayahuasca with a Peruvian shaman during my recent trip out yonder (the 3-day sessions sell out every time they are offered).

• twoguysupnorth, Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#13 DarkerKingSpade

DarkerKingSpade

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:10 PM

That’s awesome news
Shouldn’t be illegal in first place my opinion but
Awesome start to right path
Colorado legalize marijuana benefit from it
No doubt with this will benefit even more
Seem to have common sense in how to run a state
But time will tell all

#14 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:26 PM

Or you get pulled over by state boys and not county ones.

#15 Dieseld

Dieseld

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:20 AM

With the grassroots movement that's gained so much ground with legalizing cannabis in so many states, it will be a while, but I think this movement will also gain ground. Big pharma has been the first and for most opponent to cannabis, and now psychedelics, but their grip is beginning to weaken in so many ways. People are learning that the chemicals they sell us as "medicine" are not helpful, and nature has what's needed for most/all ailments. 

Edited by Dieseld, 20 May 2019 - 06:39 AM.

#16 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

It's more hypocritical than hypocratic-al. Medicine can be good of course but many of us know that even after all their so called testing and proving they release something that has so many side effects and doesnt work on a percentage of the people anyways. That part is somewhat normal being that we all have different body types and nationalities or any number of reasons stuff doesnt work right. Then all I've heard over the last decade and even before about "we do not have empirical tests and studies on cannabis" come on now. That's BS. You honestly could say we have studies on cannabis for decades not to mention it being a medicine before someone decided it was bad and not on health reasons. How many of their drugs are on trial obviously pre release to test them out. All things should be treated with the same respect or questions as to the real value of it. Of course this would go into a whole subject of FDA and where the money comes from and who happens to be in charge when people are appointed to be heads of these major areas of government.

#17 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:47 AM

Ayahuasca, ibogaine, hape, and I can't remember the name of the toad venom that's introduced through a skin wound such as a small burn. All of these things have a growing following. There will be a lot of "quacks" around as well as well educated teachers and shamans but again money can pervert the original meaning of some of these things. I myself am looking a little more into certain types of hape and the ingredients and meaning of them. Brought into a meditating sort of state may bring lots of insights.

#18 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

Doing some trials right now. I shall report my findings. :biggrin:

#19 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,429 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

Ayahuasca, ibogaine, hape, and I can't remember the name of the toad venom that's introduced through a skin wound such as a small burn.

That would be Sapo. It's not psychedelic but it is profoundly mind-altering in other ways.

My account of experiencing it can be found here.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!