#21 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:17 PM

Experimentation!  You are right of course, practicality should never stand in the way of..... SCIENCE!

(que up "she blinded me with science" )

#22 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:09 PM

Well i do have an access of material to experiment with, I just have vey limited experience doing "chemistry", I have done extractions from cannabis, MHRB, and san pedro, maybe I'll get the urge to try something like this. Vaporized psilocin sounds like it would be the shitz if it actually works, there is no credible sounding reports but some "chemisty" guys that describe why it would work, but the only reports I've seen of experiences on vaped or smoked psilo seem like they are full of shit, but IDK. I will be reading more on the chemistry of psilocin/cybin..

#23 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,583 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2019 - 07:11 PM

Vaping it won't work. Temperature it takes to vaporize is too high. If you ever did get a free base psilocin, it would have to remain in an oxygen free environment. It would rapidly and visible degrade quickly as soon as exposed to oxygen. Unless in solution, you're talking minutes.

For pure psilocybin, dry, powder, it has to be extracted as a salt.

#24 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2019 - 05:37 PM

hey jkdeth  been a long time. i was waiting for someone to say vaping won't work before suggesting an potential alternative.

fogging a high purity sample of psilocin in a liquid. use inexpensive ultrasound disc to create the fog which is inhaled. ultra sound discs of varying frequencies cost  $ 8-10 some more on amazon or ebay

an old clean aerosol can of air might work also . empty can drill hole to attach a valve stem used to pressurize tires. carefully pressurize with a hand pump.

copyright aero-tripper ©

Edited by Heirloom , 02 June 2019 - 05:56 PM.

• Billcoz likes this

#25 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

That's the kind of ideas I was hoping to see heirloom. I have a nubulizer breathing machine somewhere around here, I wonder if that'd be sufficient to create a vapor/fog containg the alkaloids, hmm.

• Heirloom likes this

#26 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,130 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

Use whip-its to pressurize! Get your hippie crack and psilly at the same time! :tongue:  :ph34r:

• SteampunkScientist and Billcoz like this

#27 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,583 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:21 PM

Psycho whippets... Or psyche?
  • Billcoz likes this

#28 tcg

tcg

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 11:57 PM

Thanks for this thread--I just bought an ultrasonic cleaner and am trying to figure out how to use it.  There aren't many instructions out there, but I watched a guy using one in a video and took the leap.  I hope to make teas out of other things--I'm trying to extract shikemic acid from pine needles or star anise, but my experience is in lemon tek, so this is where I've started.  Wish me luck--trying to make medicine here without the politics of healthcare at this point.   Thanks again.  

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!