• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

I have had some set backs early on this winter so I am a good month behind where I thought I should be. Such is life. Anyways I am now in the final stretch of flowering in the indoor tent. I have a couple critical haze and a couple Afghan kush special as well as 1 deathstar backcross baby. Looks and smells great but it is the first that is in flower from the second backcross a buddy and I did with the deathstar. We had the clone for close to 10 years and finally we ended up losing it do to health reasons and being unprepared at the moment it happened.

The Afghan kush special, just called Afghan from now on, and the Critical haze were femenized beans from World of Seed (WOS). I love them both actually and have had 2 grows each so far. I have crossed them with Esbens erdpurt to get seeds. Erdpurt is an old strain and I just found out it is a high cbd strain. Everyone just used to grow it do the the cold and mold resistance being from Sweden. There is a whole story to it where a guy got it from 2 old ladies flower garden and asked for seed. Lol. Esben has worked with it for a very long time and shows you learn something new everyday. About the CBD!!!

I haven't sprouted those crosses yet as they were going to the GH from seed. So this is just about the tent for right now and it is 3 weeks from beginning of harvest. I've got one D* backcross and a few that I haven't positively sexed from it yet so more to come on that.

The only pic I have right now is the D* bx . I always called the deathstar Dieselstar since I thought the name was dumb but it was a proven original clone from the clone only. Sad we lost it but we have some seed to work with anyways. It has the grease wrag smell but also sweet and sour notes with a little rotting fruit. You and everyone else knows it when you opened a jar of the original. My partner actually told me several times that we had a skunk around somewhere lol. Now he knows to ask.

I have been using a 4 x 8 grow tent with good extraction fan and been growing in old school hempy buckets for the last 3 grows. I love how things have worked out in this manner. I've got a 1k light that I did use but now am using 2 600w in there for heat and electric reasons. They are enclosed lights and the hot air is pulled through a can charcoal filter and both lights to an outside window. The tent has helped a lot in containing smells and also keeping blackout conditions. I wouldn't give it up at this point. I shopped around and got a quality tent with double seams and good zippers from Azon for about 150$ I think it was.

I had one light mover and bought a second one to cover the 8ft length. That and enclosed lights allow me to keep them real close to the canopy. 6 to 9 inches usually. They help with hotspots and get better coverage even though each light only moves about 1 ft back and forth. The tent has a shiny interior of course and a super convenient water catchment liner that covers the whole thing inside the base.

I use a scrog type system where each plant has it's own 18" x 18" piece of fencing so that I can pull them out and move them around for the best advantage. 8 plants is actually too crowded once they start filling out and flipping a bit on the bigger buds so atm I have 7 but 6 is a more realistic number. The last grow has doubled what I used to get per plant from 2 oz in 2 or 3 gallon airpots to 4+ oz in the hempys. I even got 6 oz from one last time around. I'm quite satisfied if I can keep getting that per plant in that amount of space.

I'll get more pics taken soon of the other plants. This time I happen to have two weeks in between each group of 2 or 3 plants. This should help with trimming. Actually I know it will and I can take my time trimming and letting them go a little longer if they need it. Usually any strain can be helped with an extra week or 2 of flowering. Diesel stars trichomes hardly ever turn amber but as they age the whole plant takes on a purply grey color when it is really ripe. It benefits from taking them to 11 weeks but you can harvest them at 9 and be perfectly happy with it.

My hempys are 3 gallon kitty litter containers with the bottom 2 inches up to the drain hole being filled with perlite. The mix is coco coir/perlite at 70/30 and using Canna Coco along with cal mag plus or AN sensi cal mag extra (I like that it has beneficials and fulvic acid for absorption. I ph my fertilizer mix with ascorbic acid to 6ph or just below. This makes sure cal and mag ect are able to be absorbed correctly in coir.

This pic is at about 4 weeks. I had to tape the branches due to a split. I should have more and better pics coming soon.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190426_115711.jpg

• wharfrat and mad420pumpkinz like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

nice bush  :weedpoke:

#3 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:58 PM

Nice bigg Bush
Heres my 4×4 seeded unfortunately...bag seed. One hermd around week 5 >.<90f712ace04c0387e06eb3dc00ab47a5.jpg

#4 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

Those are nice anyways. I'm usually making some kind of seed but the grow before the last one was super nice not to have to worry about males. I'm usually okay with a few seeds if it happens and sometimes it can be a blessing. I had a real nice 900w led that really produced some thick buds. Unfortunately someone thought they needed it more than me and it was stolen from a buddy's storage shed. I'll get another some point.

#5 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:14 AM

The story about the swedish ladies garden was actually about the purpea tininesis (sp) part with the erdbeer cross that makes up the erdpurt. Im still glad to have it as a breeding tool and it is good one it's own as well. Just yesterday I found that some plants had as high as 1 to 1 CBD to THC but more were a little less than that. The seeds I had were not femmed so I got to make a few new seed plus the out crossing but some of the straight erdpurt seeds molded. Hope to salvage some but if not I can hope to keep the clones going long enough to also backcross their hybrids to themselves for a more pure seed. I did have one Male start flowering early or mid summer and it says online that that is possible if pots are too small or are below 45th parallel. We practically live on the 45th. I got both the purple steamed and some purple on the flowers version, smelled of fruit and also the straight green one that had a sort of bitter taste to it but was a little stronger. I'm looking forward to making oils and edibles form them. Thanks for looking.

Edited by twoguysupnorth, 13 May 2019 - 06:16 AM.

#6 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:15 AM

Thats messed up. I hate thieves.
Bad karma for sure.

#7 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:17 AM

Yeah I hope they get what's coming to them.

#8 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:44 PM

Well a little closer to harvest on a couple anyways. I discovered that I had mislabeled or left an old label on meaning to change it. So first up will be an Afghan kush special which was the last pic. I didnt get another of it but of a 10wk strain instead an the Afghans quoted 8. Some of it will be ready because I need it to lol but can use extra days. The other one i thought was an Afghan but wasn't growing correctly turned out to be one of the green erupted. I'm not disappointed by any means. It's actually 7 to 9 weeks.

The pic here is the D*bx that first showed sex and had the first clones taken. The others are taking their time. The plants could be one mistaken for the other but both have a different fix it tape fixing a split. The secondary genetics in the bx are a true poly culture of strains. Started as knights templar that had xsed it with earlygirl and NL. No idea of the versions of those. Mandala maybe or Nirvana. It really doesnt matter because that's what we had in Male from when it was needed. They wer,not big producers but always good smoke. Knights templar was supposed to be the "holy grail"lol made up of C99 and g13. So not bad genetics just not super productive. D* is a pleasure to grow. Likes nutrients and always throws one ton of weight after 9weeks.20190516_122116.jpg
  • mad420pumpkinz likes this

#9 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:46 PM

Erdpurt in the reading up above. Not erupted.

#10 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 738 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:47 PM

those are some niuce outdoor genes finish quick and nice canabiniod ratios. long number of years back i had some test genetics from esben, they where fire, did not get to finish them outside, i got ripped, but buddy that gotta finish his he was done about mid oct. but they did well indoors for me.

wish i coulda did more with those seeds, had one of them that was esben and tom hill colab . 

• twoguysupnorth likes this

#11 Dieseld

Dieseld

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

Damn fine grow there twoguys! And those are some beautiful nugs

• twoguysupnorth likes this

#12 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:33 AM

Thanks, I'm very excited and happy. Cutting day for a couple are coming up soon. The Tom hill one would have been interesting. I liked checking esbens outdoor natural grows. Right in the back yard among the flowers as it should be :) . It's nice those seeds are available if mine were spoiled by mold. I'll be keeping these ones till I get extra cutting even though the mother size plants are ready to go into the GH once I finish it actually. I'm not worried as later and longer days are better for them anyways. He always meant for the genetics to be passed around.

This is the tent, both sides. First pic the Afghan in front and erdpurt in back on the right are at 8 weeks. To the left of them also at 8wks but are 10wk strains of the diesel and critical haze in back.
20190524_092217.jpg

Left side is 2 weeks behind at 6 weeks. Front one is a critical haze, behind that barely visible and will be a light producer but lovely citrus smelling buds is a cross of D* and sleestack skunk which is very hazy originally. To the left is another one of the green erdpurt. Didnt have any red flowering in this bunch.
20190524_092236.jpg

#13 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

Thankfully there is not a whole lot or barely any flopping down like last time. I timed this one out better not letting the LST or screen grown tops get too tall before flowering. I hope I get near the production but this one was definitely easier to grow and control.

#14 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

The story about the swedish ladies garden was actually about the purpea tininesis (sp) part with the erdbeer cross that makes up the erdpurt. Im still glad to have it as a breeding tool and it is good one it's own as well. Just yesterday I found that some plants had as high as 1 to 1 CBD to THC but more were a little less than that. The seeds I had were not femmed so I got to make a few new seed plus the out crossing but some of the straight erdpurt seeds molded. Hope to salvage some but if not I can hope to keep the clones going long enough to also backcross their hybrids to themselves for a more pure seed. I did have one Male start flowering early or mid summer and it says online that that is possible if pots are too small or are below 45th parallel. We practically live on the 45th. I got both the purple steamed and some purple on the flowers version, smelled of fruit and also the straight green one that had a sort of bitter taste to it but was a little stronger. I'm looking forward to making oils and edibles form them. Thanks for looking.

I heard Lemon G was a 1:1 cbd/thc. nice looking bushes you have there going on

#15 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:54 AM

We would probably be surprised at some of the older genetics and their cannabinoid content especially from certain land races starting out as the first hybrids ect. Hazes in general I believe have usually higher cbd values. Skunk i think.

I havnt tried lemon G but there is one called deep tangerine I want to get a hold of. It produces high yields and has beautiful buds but has almost zero thc and high cbd. Good for someone looking for that spectrum but also good for breeding since the ratios would probably even out with simple crossing of strains.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!