• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TexasTea

TexasTea

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:58 AM

This is my 3rd failed grow and getting discouraged... I grew ak47 twice, back to back, and they both were terribly weak! I thought maybe it was a bad strain issue, maybe fake seeds or something. So I got some different seeds, white widow. It's currently in week 14 of flower stage, and i havent harvested cause the trichomes r all so flimsy and weak. They look more like hairs than trichomes. From the trichomes that are visible the heads are tiny barely having any resin within, if any. A couple of the colas have about 20% amber triches but the rest are all clear hardly any milky. I sampled a bud a couple times and they're so weak it's not even worth consuming--same problem I had with the two AK plants. What am I doing wrong??? I give it nutes regularly and check the ph. In the flower stage I upgraded from a 300w led to a 600w led with r/b switches thinking maybe it was a light issue. The plant has looked healthy and green, The buds look fat and dense theres just minimal trichome production.

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,729 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:45 AM

Post some pics, and maybe I can help, Sounds like a phosphorous deficiency maybe, but hard to tell from that description. 

• Boebs likes this

#3 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:15 AM

Soil? Maybe look into some microbial products like recharge..helps the plant uptake the nutrition.lots of factors. Food for thought. Good luck :)

Edited by mad420pumpkinz, 22 May 2019 - 03:15 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#4 TexasTea

TexasTea

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

No, it's a hydroponic setup. I give it 'general hydroponics' nute solutions.
  • Microbe likes this

#5 TexasTea

TexasTea

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

Trikes have deflated heads20190522_104634.jpg 20190522_104625.jpg
  • Myc and Coopdog like this

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:53 PM

How many plants are you doing under your 600 watt? How far from the plants is the light? How long did you flower the last grows?

I would only do a 4' x 4' area with the 600 watt but you could probably go to 5' x 5'... I would either do two medium/large sized plants or 4 very small ones (indoor size standards clearly).... I would have the light as close to the plants as I could without burning them... 

Have you been checking your PH levels when feeding? If your PH level is all out of whack, the plants will not absorb nutrition as readily.

Are they growing fine during veg stage or are you seeing poor growth during all stages of growth?

How big are the pots you have them in and how big are the plants? Could it be possible that the pot is too small and they are root bound?

At 12 weeks, you are probably seeing decreasing gains... There is a sweet spot where THC levels will be highest. The suggested flowering time of the strain should put you right in that sweet spot. After a certain point, the THC begins to degrade and/or convert to CBD... I suspect your have reached that point and will not be gaining anything by waiting longer to harvest.

What is the growing medium?

• Myc likes this

#7 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,532 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:09 PM

How often are you changing your water, and nutes and have you added any bloom booster to your flowering? I would like a pic of where the light is also with the plants. And like Pj asked, how many plants and what size area are you running that light? White widow is actually one of my favorite strains to grow because I love plants looking like they have been snowed on.

• MycoAnt81 likes this

#8 TexasTea

TexasTea

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

Due to limited space, I only grow one plant at a time. My first two grows (AK-47) were grown in a small cabinet. It soon became evident I needed more space so I upgraded to a 2x3x5 grow tent, which is what the WW was raised in. They were all hydroponic grows, I change the water every ~10 days and top off with ph balanced water when needed. The lights were close--anywhere from 1-1.5' away from canopy. The veg stage always looks awesome. It's only in bloom stage that the plant fails to meet any expectations. I've never used any sort of bloom booster because I didn't feel it was necessary, nor should it be. It's like I'm doing everything right, but they just won't put out like they're supposed to. I recently discovered PAR levels so I will be considering that for this coming-up grow.

#9 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:46 PM

I have bought white widow and rhino.. both time the product was extremely lacking. Buy from a better vender and check your ph and nutrients.
Also.. i felt hydro was extremely difficult, soil was simple for indoor.
  • Coopdog likes this

#10 TexasTea

TexasTea

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:53 PM

I bought both strains from different suppliers. Is it possible dank bud is no longer produced?
  • Coopdog likes this

#11 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,532 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:02 PM

I agree Boebs, especially for just one plant. I would go soil and not even mess with hydro. I have an awesome soil recipe that will sustain the plant all the way through your next grow if you would like it. It does require perking for a couple weeks before use though. It never failed any strain I have ever grown. I am going to say I would bet good money you have a nute problem.

• Hash_Man, PJammer24 and Boebs like this

#12 TexasTea

TexasTea

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:30 PM

Y'all got me wanting to switch to soil...but I literally transplanted a WW seedling into my brand new recirculatory system today...
What's your "recipe"?

#13 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:22 AM

Hydro is nice, and yes good seeds are available.
Just have to find your balances of nutrition i think.

Altho when i had ww it seemed to do the same thing in my eb and flow. Switched to a different strain, and had way better results. Best was to get a test done if find a clone from a breeder if possible, then you know if its your recipe or your seeds.

#14 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,532 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:43 PM

4cf basic potting soil

1 lg bag of perlite

4 bricks of chunky coir hydrated

8c bone meal (phosphorus)

4c blood meal (nitrogen)

3c dolomite (ph, calcium, magnesium)

kelp (beneficial vitamins and minerals, potassium)

1c azomite (trace elements)

10lb worm castings

I usually put the soil on a tarp outside, sprinkle the other ingredients all over the soil and use a spade to mix them in. After that, I water it a bit, and mix it up every couple days. Keep it covered with a tarp. In 2-3 weeks it's ready.  I usually store it in lg tubs. You can half that if you want to.

top dress with bat guano 1 week into flowering.

I have grown Choc kush, cookie kush, ak's, lsd, grapefruit, pinapple chunk, kritical kush, budzilla, mako, white widow, white rhino, bubblegum, blue dream and numerous cross breeds I have bred all on this soil. The different elements are available right away, and others take longer to break down and be usable for the plants which is usually about the time they are needed in the life cycle. Also phat sacks are the best way to grow soil grows. For me anyway.

#15 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:34 PM

You are testing the PH of your water right?

I am not super well versed in what nutrient uptake for for each element/mineral is at different PH levels other than different elements/minerals are absorbed better within a different PH range. That is why growers attempt to keep their PH levels in the mid  6's, all of the different necessary elements are absorbed at that level. If your PH is too high, some will be absorbed while other will not. It is the same if your PH is too low.... If you are not adjusting the PH of your water prior to filling your system, I would consider the possibility that your PH is at a level where nutrients necessary for healthy vegetative growth are available but those needed for strong flowering are not.

I missed that you were growing hydroponically before my previous post... I thought you were using nutrients that had "hydroponic" in the brand name and totally missed that you were actually growing hydroponically.

Edited by PJammer24, 23 May 2019 - 03:35 PM.

#16 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,552 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

I'd raise the lights, thats seems awfully close I don't know who the manufacturer is but LEDs are deceptive, check with them for a recommended height and/or go to the grow forums and find someone using the same lighting and thier heights..

Mat0x found out the hard way a while back
https://mycotopia.ne...dis-room/page-2

Edited by Hash_Man, 24 May 2019 - 09:01 AM.

• onediadem likes this

#17 TexasTea

TexasTea

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:22 PM

I check the ph at each watering (every 3 days). I do grow hydro but the nute brand name is also "'general hydroponics.'

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!