• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jacklion

Jacklion

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:22 AM

I’d like to introduce myself to the community and talk a little bit about myself. Im hoping that by being open and kind that I may begin posting in the forums where I need immediate help in.
Most people call me Jack. Its sort of a pseudonickname if you will. I rescued a beautiful pair of cacti several months ago amidst a chaotic time in my life. They came from an abusive father and I could not stand to watch them die in the hands of a careless human being. Since the initial rescue I have repotted the specimens. One san pedro and one peyote. Both are very very young but since repotting them I have watched the san pedro grow nearly 2 inches and the peyote has since produced multiple pups which I have repotted seperately.
Repotting them initially was somewhat traumatizing and somewhat healing. I purged multiple times upon seeing the condition the roots were in. There was rot hidden underneath the soil and the soil itself was deprived of nutrients and quite hard
Me and my girlfriend who helps to take care of them love our babies very much and we would like to be able to accept guidance from the community in order to ensure our cacti live a long, healthy and happy life. I am a little concerned for the peyote plant since I have noticed discoloration and what appears to be scarring. We live in south Florida so it can get pretty humid here. I hope that I will be allowed to post in the botanical forums as soon as possible as i am seeking advice. In the meantime, the pups look beautiful and the san pedro is doing very well

A little more about myself. I am a psychology student who is very interested in psychedelic asstisted psychotherapy and I hope to work closely with these plants in order to do research on their potential therapeutic benefits for certain patients struggling with mental diseases. I am also an electronic music producer who enjoys psychedelic bass as well as future bass and other melodic genres. I grew up listening to punk and later developed an appreciation and knowledge of jazz. If there are other musicians or producers out there who want to network, you may reach out to me :)
P.S. I am a big fan of Tippers music ;)

Much love to the community here

#2 Kruskica

Kruskica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:32 PM

Welcome to mycotopia!
It is noticeable you are a going to be a great dad

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,557 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

Welcome Jack ! 

I see you have 2 posts, just post one more time and you become a free member. 

We have quite a few cacti enthusiasts. I think you will fit right in.

What kind of soil do you have for the Peyote? You want a coarse, well draining mix that is not full of organic matter or water retaining agents. 

We will be happy to help.................

• NewMycoDisciple likes this

#4 NewMycoDisciple

NewMycoDisciple

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:09 AM

How does one even uhh come across something like that Haha. I've always wanted to try peyote. You sound like a man who has a plan, I think you'll do great man

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!