• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#61 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:30 PM

gotta admit this is probably the hardest part. Waiting for it to colonize was easy but not looking at it now is a constant pain lmao. I want to wait as long as possible to look at it but idk specifically when. I was thinking more than a week maybe two? I just dont wanna look late and end up picking fruits too late or something. 

Anyone got a good time i should check next? I'm definitely bad at making my own decisions!

Edited by TabbyBoy, 04 July 2019 - 01:30 PM.

#62 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:52 AM

gotta admit this is probably the hardest part. Waiting for it to colonize was easy but not looking at it now is a constant pain lmao. I want to wait as long as possible to look at it but idk specifically when. I was thinking more than a week maybe two? I just dont wanna look late and end up picking fruits too late or something.
Anyone got a good time i should check next? I'm definitely bad at making my own decisions!

To me it seems like bags take longer, alot of people have good luck with bags ,some really experienced growers only do bags , I have bad luck with them for some reason and I dont know why because they seem so simple, that's why I've tried them several times , like I said I ended up crumbling up my sub and putting it in tubs last time I tried bags (I wouldn't recommend that because I've never heard of anyone else doing and I may have just got lucky)and I had great success doing that but I've never got a full flush out of a bag,yours will be different though I have confidence in you

As far as grow time it's hard to determine, I've came out of my spawn run before with pins already (only a couple times in 2 years) but usually it seems like it takes years... I'd say by 3 weeks at the latest you should have growth, I heard higher temperatures grow faster but lower temps produce more potent fruit , I usually try to keep low temps about 70, because I also read that higher temps invite contaminates- these are just things I've read over the last couple years, it's hard for me to explain how I do things because I'm clumsy and forgetful and I always end up forgetting to do something or doing something I wasnt supposed to and somehow it always works our for me ,just got that luck I guess

I'm also very impatient and I've stalled a few grows by trying to rush them ....I've learned the best thing to do is wait even longer than recommended and those are always my best grows

You got this , just be patient
  • crazy1, TabbyBoy and Moonless like this

#63 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:06 AM

Opendoors, I did the same thing.  I tried a bag grow but it was colonizing very slow with big water droplets inside.  Got impatient and put the partially colonized substrate in a monotub.  Ending up growing quite well luckily. 

Tabby play them some Bill Withers and Bob Marley cause every little thing gonna be alright. They'll rise up each morning smiling with the rising sun. 

• crazy1, TabbyBoy, Moonless and 1 other like this

#64 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

Alright guys I've decided on friday for my check day. Seriously cant wait!

Edited by TabbyBoy, 09 July 2019 - 04:51 PM.

• roc and Opendoors like this

#65 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:26 PM

okay guys, my buddy came home early so i did it today. 

they're thin and there's not many. I noticed one of the bags was kind of sucked in and i could add any more air and i don't know if i should open it up and make more air or not. but here they are!

66352242_2435429610034371_78487716450103

66895571_648487665559562_606246914859886

Im just happy there's some growth. what could be the reason for the tiny caps and thin stems?

• coorsmikey and Opendoors like this

#66 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:29 PM

theres not that many of them growing either. I guess I shouldnt expect there to be but i was hoping there'd be more.

#67 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:43 PM

should i open it up and give it some fresh air for a second then close it back up with more air this time? the things im seeing online say the small caps are due to lack of FAE

• coorsmikey likes this

#68 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,981 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:23 PM

Have they been in light or dark?

You can grow them in the bag as is or open it, fan it, and seal it back up. Moisture looks good.

#69 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:50 PM

Have they been in light or dark?

You can grow them in the bag as is or open it, fan it, and seal it back up. Moisture looks good.

Dark. Complete dark no light I figured dont need it. Is there any specific reason why the caps are so small?
I'm gonna open it because I need there to be more space in the bag, it looks like it's been damn near vaccum sealed! Lol.
Thanks roc, good to know there's no real problems.

#70 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:06 PM

Here's a better picture and a picture of some ones growing on the side that I dont know what to think of.
I've given them lots of space now and the tape isnt heavy like the binder clips were so it's not sagging.
Praying that I didn't contaminate them when I exposed them to the air. a8ddcf1dd1c6d48d380fd0f9d87e43a5.jpga1086b68c584f1880ffcd83f801be699.jpg

#71 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

How long should i leave them till i check them next? should i start checking daily?

#72 roc

roc

• 7,981 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:06 AM

Give them some light if you can.

If it's an issue just let them continue invitro.

They may get bigger and the caps as well.

Keep in mind the genetics on multi spore could be at play as well.

Check them daily so you can harvest them as the veil breaks.

After the first flush you'll want to start misting and giving them air daily.

• crazy1 and coorsmikey like this

#73 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,613 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:33 AM

should i open it up and give it some fresh air for a second then close it back up with more air this time? the things im seeing online say the small caps are due to lack of FAE

Stab a couple of holes in the bag with a knife. Give the parts filled with air a squeeze to deflate then pull apart to inflate. This will give more fresh air while keeping the micro-climate in place. Then let them grow! You will probably get more soon behind these lil guys. After your first harvest, give the block a dunk and and close the top of the bag back up with paperclips or similar. Or just move it to your FC and wait for more. Good job this time around with Patience!  

Edited by coorsmikey, 12 July 2019 - 11:34 AM.

• roc, crazy1 and Moonless like this

#74 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:38 PM

Should I use micropore tape?

#75 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:01 PM

I'm gonna get some micropore tape to protect against contams and do the inflate thing once a day. I'm so fucking excited words cant explain. Now for a new question. Will this dehydrator work? There's no temp setting. a105ea45e0f7ca34529302c1b9ce17f7.jpg

#76 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:10 PM

And I can give them light. I might as well if its gonna help them grow straighter.
  • roc likes this

#77 FesterAddams

FesterAddams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:10 PM

Any good with a screwdriver? You can take off the bottom to access the electrical and disconnect the heat element. That will leave you with cool air that should get you close to dry. After that, a jar or bag with desiccant will finish off the last bit of water.

You can optionally check the temp of the dehydrator and see how hot it gets. I read somewhere on here that below the 170F range is safe. Not sure though so do get a second opinion.

#78 roc

roc

• 7,981 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:50 PM

The dehydrator is fine to use for drying.

It won't get too hot or it would melt the plastic.

You are good to go.

Dry them for 6-8 hours and check to see how dry they are.

I've been leaving mine overnight and they are cracker dry by morning.

I only began using heat recently because I was old school but it's actually better to reduce the time of exposure to oxygen and oxidation of the goodies.

Yes you can teach an old dog new tricks!

• crazy1 and TabbyBoy like this

#79 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

my moms man has a dehydrator she says runs at a cooler temp. She insists on us getting that one instead so im just gonna go ahead. I figure cooler wont be worse anyhow. 

Im gonna cut the holes tonight and check the fruit again tomorrow before i leave for an overnight trip with my buddy. I hope they dont mature too fast within the time of me leaving. 

I got some surgical tape and it ended up being durapore and im pretty sure thats the wrong kind. 

will it work?

#80 roc

roc

• 7,981 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:54 PM

They'll probably be ready to pick before you leave.

Not sure on the tape but if it's breathable should be good.

• TabbyBoy likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!