How are things going now Moon?

#43 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:48 PM

How are things going now Moon?

I had stopped abruptly! There was a phase where I got very paranoid and felt I had too many jars, it was bad anxiety for me.Then I restarted again, and mooshrooms started to grow. Two strains and they look so different from each other! I had been taking small doses to keep the process going, I feel there is more to the healing process than having experiences, taking it into the body is healing too.

I continue to pray, for the earth, our brothers and sisters, the ones I love, The Hong Kong protesters as well as the police who are brainwashed andor forced to crack down on their own people. I think that although I really dislike to police cracking down on their own people for victimless crimes I think that some are reachable, at least some of them have the ability to change. Of course some are too far gone andor just unreachable, but I must still pray for dreams to come where people can see how we are acting. I also pray for myself to have dreams where I am able to see myself clearly.

• Billcoz and macgyver like this

#44 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:42 PM

Lol, yep, we can get paranoid, been there. I'd say it's not a huge worry for the fuzz to fuck with some small time mush grower.

• Moonless likes this

#45 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:53 AM

I've got some Reishi and King oyster colonizing to straight coir. I will keep you updated soon if that works or not.

• RutgerHauer and macgyver like this

#46 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:28 PM

The Reishi and King oyster colonies pictured are brown rice spawned to straight coir. I spawned them to bulk on Dec 23rd and left them to do their thing untill I checked on them today. To my amazement they have been doing really well and have some nice looking pins. I cross my fingers for some nice medicine and food.

DSC01228.JPG DSC01234.JPG

Upclose the Reishi are growing antlers. Reishi antlers are the fruits produced in low FAE setups, when FAE is high Reishi make conks :) I have started doing a thrice a day fanning of my grow area. Lets see if we can get them to bulk up.

DSC01229.JPG DSC01231.JPG DSC01230.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01235.JPG
  • DSC01232.JPG

• coorsmikey, wharfrat, ItBeBasidia and 1 other like this

#47 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,485 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:36 PM

love me some reishi.. just love the way it grows and how you can manipulate it, some people have it down to an artform.

looks great, keep up the good work :thumbs_up:

Edited by wharfrat, 09 January 2020 - 07:36 PM.

• coorsmikey and Moonless like this

#48 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:08 PM

Did you use the uncle ben's packets for spawn? I remember seeing a tek a while back with those packets but I'm not sure if it was Reishi. I have been having so much trouble getting any germination from My reishi syringe. After talking with the vendor, they say that the print could have frozen, but I think it is more likely that I am doing something wrong. Any ways they are sending a couple extra to me right now :biggrin:. Did you start from spores or did you have a live culture? They look amazing!

• Moonless likes this

#49 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

Did you use the uncle ben's packets for spawn? I remember seeing a tek a while back with those packets but I'm not sure if it was Reishi. I have been having so much trouble getting any germination from My reishi syringe. After talking with the vendor, they say that the print could have frozen, but I think it is more likely that I am doing something wrong. Any ways they are sending a couple extra to me right now :biggrin:. Did you start from spores or did you have a live culture? They look amazing!

I started this particular grow from grain spawn jars, both the reishi and king oyster all from jars. I started from a live culture agar plate I purchased from a vendor, it was really worth it to get a whole agar plate to save time, and overall it was at a fair price 8$ per plate.

The uncle ben spawn is an upcomming project, 3 bags of king oyster and one bag of reishi. I might use woodchips for that king oyster and make a medical tincutre out of the reishi spawn.

#50 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:16 PM

Moonless makes a quick fruiting chamber:

This a design always comes in handy when I need a quick fruiting chamber that is a little bigger than the medium size mycobags I use. The basis of the design is a jumbo ziplock bag. These bags can act as a fruiting chamber unmodified out of the box however this quick modification makes it alot better and only requires tape to make.

You start with a jumbo heavy-duty ziplock bag and blow it up.

DSC01245.JPG DSC01246.JPG

Then on the bottom of the bag tape it like so.

DSC01247.JPG

Now the bag has some structure.

DSC01248.JPG

Add some moistened peralite for humidity control, and the trays of fungi and you have yourself a fruiting chamber.

DSC01249.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!