• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kaliban

Kaliban

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:48 PM

Can anybody point me in a direction / give me some tips on finding a good therapist/guide preferably in the Pacific Northwest?

Looking to help my wife cure her PTSD/Anxiety/Depression using natural remedies.

If this is the wrong forum, perhaps a kindly admin will move this to a more appropriate place.

TIA
  • Heirloom , wharfrat, MsBehavin420 and 2 others like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:11 PM

perfect forum.. hopefully someone can direct you to whom you search.  :meditate:

• Heirloom likes this

#3 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

Insurance companies have a section on the website that you can search your area if you have it.

Check local hospitals for clinics.

The Absolute fastest way to get into therapy is to go Into an Emergency Room.
Otherwise you have to just keep making calls till you get a place. I'm on several waiting lists to get on the waiting list.
As I'm looking for therapy due to being a caregiver for my mom, I'm in no rush so I can wait but I'm STRESSING that you will need to just keep calling.
  • Heirloom and wharfrat like this

#4 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:00 PM

wishing you the best of luck. i recently was required to do a drug evaluation ( busted for weed ) and i was honest about my experimentation with psychedelics telling him lsd and mushrooms helped me to become a better person. the guy handed me a card said if i ever wanted to talk call me. i kept his card cause if i ever thought i needed a therapist he would be a good fit for me. he did not recommend drug treatment if he had i was going to make the most of it by developing a few connections just in case.

mmda i hear is great for ptsd, mushrooms can help with depression, look into micro dosing with mushrooms to treat depression

Edited by Heirloom , 25 May 2019 - 11:08 PM.

• wharfrat likes this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:45 PM

When I got to do a little Deliverance scene with a couple of 250+ pound good-old-boys who were the son and hunting buddy of a deputy sheriff, I was lucky to have two of the best psychologists I could imagine as the local county mental health professionals (a man and wife team).    It's too bad that was over thirty years ago and they long ago left Southwestern Washington and retired to Kona, I believe.   That guy was the guy who handed me my "shamanic dose" that I have reported on a few times here, only to find out later that the dose, and the description, came through his hands from the hands of Terence McKenna (I had no idea he knew him).    I don't know where to find mental health professionals like that, I am sorry to say.

I think I would have survived the horrendous attack without so much PTSD, but to soon see that the county sheriff and prosecutor were more on the perps' side than the victim's was what did it, when that realization sunk in.   But I had great and understanding counseling, and that certainly helped.   I did go into hiding for well over a decade.

Edited by Alder Logs, 25 May 2019 - 11:48 PM.

#6 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

I witnessed a young man's suicide a few years ago. We were his first responders.
He went to a gas station and put in his debit card. I can only assume it was for body identification purposes. He then poured gasoline over his head and lit his chin - witnesses stated who were at the pumps across the lot
We saw the flame explosion from traffic and then was looking for the movie crews when a man fully engulfed in flames ran across the 4 lanes of traffic. No camera trucks to be seen. My man just started running and I called 911
Michael was the young mans name. I use this story for you to understand that it is no joke. Go get help. Michael is missed by his family and friends and noone needs to die anymore from being sad.

Just keep calling. You'll get an appointment
Even in hopelessness, there is always hope....

#7 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:26 PM

Writing from personal experience of ongoing recovery from ptsd, anxiety and depression ; if you are looking for someone who might be open to the natural cures discussed on this forum and are in the NW, Canada may be your best bet. Additionally seeking out a functional medicine doctor to eliminate the possibility that hormones, amino acid deficiencies or other chemical imbalances are at play would also be important. In my experience therapists that are skilled in
The more cutting edge treatments like EMDR and body work tend to be more open minded towards the more holistic approaches to healing trauma. Also a therapist that is in private practice will often have more experience under their belt vs a group practice that Tends to hire less experienced counselors. I am learning that inflammation/ auto immune issues and depression go hand in hand which can be improved with diet changes. I hope that you/she find the right fit .. hope this helps to get started in direction of healing.
  • Alder Logs, Lakegal7 and MsBehavin420 like this

#8 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

That's pretty helpful for me
  • Oneyedraven likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!