• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Shift

Shift

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:31 PM

I haven't done this and a couple of decades or more.

What is the best way to take dried mushrooms? We used to pick fresh mushrooms from farmers fields in the Pacific Northwest. We would make them into tea. Now I have a baggie of dried mushrooms from a reliable source, so I'm not worried about them being poisoned or anything, But I'm not sure how to take them either.

How many should I take for a beginning dose? What is the most I should take? Do I need to grind them up? I've heard mixing them with lemon juice is a good idea.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions are appreciated.

Also, any thoughts on set and setting?

Thanks

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,380 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

a good dose is about 3g dried.. but anywhere from 1g up to 5g is a good ride.. (most cubensis, wood lovers tend to be stronger)

make a tea, or eat em whole, with a chaser.. up to you.. check your other post

Edited by wharfrat, 26 May 2019 - 08:36 PM.

#3 Shift

Shift

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:00 PM

Many thanks!

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,893 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

I love the lime juice pre-soak (tastes a lot better than lemon juice, but lemon juice works fine too). It's my favorite way to consume them, by far.

I like 5-6 dry grams soaked in lime juice for visionary trips or else I stick with doses of 2 grams (also soaked) or lower. I strongly suggest avoiding the dose range between 2 and 5 grams. It's where most of the unpleasant experiences seem to manifest (mine as well as others'), and I suspect it's because such doses are high enough to freak out the Ego but not high enough to kick the Ego's proverbial ass. The unpleasantness probably results from the ensuing tension between having your awareness propelled to the outer reaches of inner space vs. the Ego's reactionary desire to stay planted on firm, stable ground where it can maintain the illusion that it's in control.

• crazy1, coorsmikey, firerat and 3 others like this

#5 Kaliban

Kaliban

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

TVCASUALTY - can you elaborate? What is your lime soak method? Do you basically squeeze a lime all over the dried shrooms, let them soak in it for some period of time, then eat em and chase em?

Does the citrus bring the trip on faster or just enhance taste?

Edited by Kaliban, 27 May 2019 - 03:04 PM.

#6 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,893 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:27 PM

TVCASUALTY - can you elaborate? What is your lime soak method? Do you basically squeeze a lime all over the dried shrooms, let them soak in it for some period of time, then eat em and chase em?

Does the citrus bring the trip on faster or just enhance taste?

-Crush up your dry dose into small bits (doesn't need to be powdered)

-Put in shot glass and cover with fresh-squeezed lime juice (do not use the 'lime juice' that comes in those fake plastic limes)

-Let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes

-Take the shot, slimy bits and all, then chase with water and brush your teeth (right away!)

-Be where you want to trip within 10 minutes, tops.

It comes on faster, so I'm not joking about being where you want to end up tripping within 10 minutes of taking the shot on an empty stomach. It also brings a stronger peak than the same dose taken without the soak as well as shortening the overall length of the trip (which is another advantage as far as I'm concerned).

IME a soak also makes the visuals sharper, 'cleaner,' and more vivid.

Edited by TVCasualty, 27 May 2019 - 04:28 PM.

• crazy1, coorsmikey and firerat like this

#7 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

I suspect it's because such doses are high enough to freak out the Ego but not high enough to kick the Ego's proverbial ass. The unpleasantness probably results from the ensuing tension between having your awareness propelled to the outer reaches of inner space vs. the Ego's reactionary desire to stay planted on firm, stable ground where it can maintain the illusion that it's in control.

This is exactly how I’ve felt it to be. Good description.
  • TVCasualty likes this

#8 babyBoomer

babyBoomer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

i personally like to microdose of about 1 gram, in the form of chocolates. I grind the dried mushrooms, then put that into melted hersheys dark chocolate, then into molds, then into the freezer for 20 minutes. I love them.  babyBoomer

#9 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

i personally like to microdose of about 1 gram, in the form of chocolates. I grind the dried mushrooms, then put that into melted hersheys dark chocolate, then into molds, then into the freezer for 20 minutes. I love them.  babyBoomer

But have you tried this?

I love the lime juice pre-soak (tastes a lot better than lemon juice, but lemon juice works fine too). It's my favorite way to consume them, by far.

I like 5-6 dry grams soaked in lime juice for visionary trips or else I stick with doses of 2 grams (also soaked) or lower. I strongly suggest avoiding the dose range between 2 and 5 grams. It's where most of the unpleasant experiences seem to manifest (mine as well as others'), and I suspect it's because such doses are high enough to freak out the Ego but not high enough to kick the Ego's proverbial ass. The unpleasantness probably results from the ensuing tension between having your awareness propelled to the outer reaches of inner space vs. the Ego's reactionary desire to stay planted on firm, stable ground where it can maintain the illusion that it's in control.

#10 elunicotomas

elunicotomas

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:47 AM

We made chocolates last night. Used chocolate for making easter eggs and chocolates and  made two bars with  2.5 grams of shrooms each. And 6 small chocolates with 1 gram each.

1) grinded mushrooms

2) melted chocolate

3) mixed w mushroom powder

4) pour into moulds

5) fridge

6zoG5Yp.jpg

giphy.gif

mAjdyHn.jpg

pQTqhRq.jpg

wmZM6VE.jpg

QTF7yeS.jpg

NyMxJUw.jpg

Zdz1xtH.jpg

9WQ93iv.jpg

lv1zJim.jpg

• ElPirana likes this

#11 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:57 AM

Any thoughts on chocolate for longer term preservation?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Edited by Thirdeyeplants, 12 June 2019 - 09:57 AM.

#12 elunicotomas

elunicotomas

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:08 AM

Any thoughts on chocolate for longer term preservation?

I'll vacuum seal them and put in the freezer, but I'm not sure if this is the best

#13 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,257 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:10 PM

Interesting question. The few times I've been around "magic" chocolate, there was pretty quick consumption. Not idea if the chocolate preserves. I'm sure vacuum packed in the freezer will though.

#14 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,579 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:27 PM

I like to take cracker dry shrooms and grind them into powder in a coffee grinder I use just for mushies, then mix them in about the same volume of honey. VERY easy to consume this way, and works very well for preservation for as long as a year or so. Never had it last any longer than that. If you do powder them, get them into honey (or chocolate) as soon as you can, it seems like the powder loses potency if it is not mixed into something fairly quickly, probably from oxidation of the smaller particulates. Keeps just fine in honey though, and doesn't even need refrigerated. 

#15 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:09 PM

What is dosing like with honey? Is it just approximations, my intent to start is to document specific doses and keep a log for experiences and potency... Maybe once I find the right strain for my needs and can produce more quantity. It sounds nice to just have a jar of magic laying in wait though...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!