Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 687 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

Celebrating All Things FUNGI      

tmf-logo.png

AUGUST 14 - 18, 2019

Since 1981, the Telluride Mushroom Festival has been celebrating all things mycological, from the newest advancements in mushroom science to our famous mushroom cook-off. Held annually in Telluride, Colorado, the festival capital of the Rockies, TMF is a can’t miss event with a colorful history in one of the most beautiful locations on earth.

Telluride Mushroom Festival:
What is it?

The Telluride Mushroom Festival is a weekend of mycology-related forays, talks and special events and is famous for the lively experience it provides all festival goers and participants. Words can’t necessarily do justice to this unique event, watch the video to get a real taste of the festival.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube....bed/Uurb-RJn3lg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.tellurid...hroom-festival/

2019 FESTIVAL THEME

This year’s theme, according to Festival Director, Dr. Britt Bunyard of Fungi magazine, will be “Healing the Mind, Healing the Planet” and will feature a raft of myco-luminaries including Prof. Emeritus of Pharmacology at Purdue, Dr. David Nichols, founder/director of Chile’s Fundación Fungi, Giuliana Furci, Mushroom Mountain’s Tradd & Olga Cotter, and the Wise Woman of the San Juans, Katrina Blair.

Edited by bezevo, 26 May 2019 - 08:15 PM.

• GalenOl, joeya, Thacan and 1 other like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,412 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...ty-calendar/add

#3 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 938 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:28 PM

Sounds dreamy

#4 obtuse

obtuse

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

anyone going.  thinking of flying from aus.

on a student budget.  any cheap accommodation there :O

#5 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 687 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:34 AM

i bet theres camping  THRIFTY

#6 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:33 AM

Camping in town first come first serve and it fills up.  Best bet get reservation at Materhorn campground drive to gondola ride into town or drive to town.

• coorsmikey likes this

#7 obtuse

obtuse

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:37 PM

preference is to find a cheap backpackers or hostel.

i dont need to be travelling overseas with tent, sleepingbag and mat.

i am now at the point of not bothering. very disappointing.

#8 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:22 PM

Telluride is upscale no hostels but expensive hotels $$$$

#9 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:30 PM

Telluride can be expensive indeed.  Years ago a local told me that the billionairs where displacing the millionaires and that comment has always stuck with me.   Airbnb is bit cheaper, but please wait a bit as I haven't reserved and need a place to stay :P

• Juthro likes this

#10 obtuse

obtuse

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:04 PM

i havent reserved either :(

I am now thinking of not going if its going to cost that much.

#11 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:12 AM

Why dont you just ask and see who is going and if you can camp with them if they have reservations.  There is no free.  The festival is not free.  The lectures are not free.....

Edited by Seeker2be, 29 June 2019 - 12:13 AM.

#12 obtuse

obtuse

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:15 AM

Why dont you just ask and see who is going and if you can camp with them if they have reservations.  There is no free.  The festival is not free.  The lectures are not free.....

I am well aware of the costs for the event itself, and i have no problems with paying the ticket price to attend the festival. Considering the scope and quality of the event i think it is very reasonably priced and happy to pay for the extra workshops on top. As someone who is involved with runnign events, i am well aware of running costs.

I am just a little confused by the cost of accommodation and the lack of hostels or backpackers in the township.  that and being on a student budget makes a significant difference.

Hence, yes if anyone is going and they have spare room for a backpacking aussie, i would really appreciate some assistance.

Edited by obtuse, 29 June 2019 - 02:17 AM.

#13 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:12 AM

Its a wealthy ski area with expensive homes. What more needs to be said.  They put on these  endless festivals to replace the ski money in the Summer.  Should tell you a lot when Oprah and Tom Cruise have houses there.  Best bet Go with someone who is going and has a camping reservations.  Good way to meet other Topians.

Edited by Seeker2be, 29 June 2019 - 07:13 AM.

• MsBehavin420 likes this

#14 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

I will be there :). So much to learn.  Thanks again bezevo.

#15 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 687 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:39 PM

your welcome THE

CAN

#16 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:25 AM

Hey if anyone has any info on fungus and anxiety treatment, can you direct me where to go. My daughter is having terrible anxiety and before I prod her to get on meds, I'd rather exhaust the natural options. Please and thank you

#17 Mush2Learn

Mush2Learn

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:18 PM

I'll be there on the 16th! Got an AirBnB tent for me and my girl for 90 bucks. Super excited!

#18 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

Just got back from the Telluride Mushroom Festival and what a fantastic week!  Mushrooms and more mushrooms wow.  There were veterans, commercial growers, academics, hippies and hippie academics young and old.  A plethora of topics on psilocybe, edibles and medicinals.  By the time that I left I was on information overload.  And if that weren’t enough the people and the weather couldn’t have been better.  Yes Telluride can be expensive, but many people with little or no means were there camping and having a great time at events and hanging out like everyone else.  

Besides the three cultivation classes that I attended and the mushroom ID tent the highlights for me were: ‘Psilocybe Mushrooms of North America and Beyond (Britt Bunyard), ‘Mushrooms and Human Health (Ken Kassenbrock), ‘Diversity, Mind Control and Host-Jumping in Cordyceps-Like Fungi (Alisha Quandt), and last but not least ‘Mushrooms, Molds and Mycorrhizae: Down the Rabbit Hole (Tradd Cotter).  Tradd is fucking amazing, love that guy.  And I didn’t even attend half of the events, so many others were likely great as well.  Lessons learned: eat more mushrooms (they are really good for you), grow more mushrooms, learn to forage for free food (but stay clear of the toxic ones), and have a great time.

Did you know that white truffles (only found in the wild) sell for $350/oz?  Holy shit!

I highly recommend everyone to attend in the future for the education, meeting some of the most fantastic people ever, bonding with the mycological ‘tribe’, and an all around good time.  It’s hard to put to words what a great time that I had and I hope that some of you can make that journey in the future.  Peace and take care.

One last edit...  This was a life changing experience for me, and that's no shit :)

Edited by Thacan, 18 August 2019 - 09:58 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#19 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

I forgot to mention Louie Schwartzberg's film 'Fantastic Fungi' was shown at the Telluride Mushroom Festival.  This is a must see for mycophiles.  Check out their website (https://fantasticfungi.com) for screenings and the trailer.    I also picked up Tradd Cotter's book 'Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation' and for me anyway it's an enjoyable read compared to some other books I've tried on the subject.

Here is the movie trailer, check it out:

Edited by Thacan, 20 August 2019 - 04:04 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!