Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Made some "blue honey", damn it is potent!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:24 AM

Yeah so I mixed, like 16.8 grams of finely-powdered cubes(dry of course) into about 8-9 ozs of honey about a 2 weeks ago. Nuttin' special, just layered powder, honey, powder, honey in a pint jar. Then I turned  it upside down a bunch of times every day for ~2 weeks, and I did not filter it. It is super thick and looks like shroom pudding, or maybe more like shroom-butter(ya know, like apple-butter).

So I tried it last night. I put 3 BIG spoonfuls into a cup, I figured I got a good 2.5-3 grams worth of the powder, and dumped fresh lemon juice on it, just enough to cover it completely, and mixed well. I let that set for 25 or so mins, stirring every 5-10. Then I took warm water and dumped it in the cup and stirred well, making a sweet & sour "tea". I gulped it down, DELICIOUS!!!

Jesus Crhist man, this was more active than I expected from the amount used. It kicked in fast, in about 10-20 mins, and hit like a ton of bricks. This was one of those trips that you forget are even possible, so clean and vivid. Very colorful and fast-moving, crazy visuals. I totally have not gotten that much euphoria from shrooms in years, like a river of euphoria flowing through every cell of my body.

I was watching some political YT vid, with a bald fat guy who's head would shrink down to a tenth the size, and grow back and enlarge by 25% as he yapped away at what seemed like total gibberish lol. The look he had when he would grin was weird, like the wide, toothy grin from that Alice in Wonderland cat, it would somehow stretch beyond the limits of his face, if that makes any sense.

Everything was moving and breathing/contracting, and was over-layed with vivid, colorful grids and bejeweled aztec patterns, and thousands of shimmering eyeballs and faces gridded onto reality, and waving and dancing, synchronized to the waves of euphoria that were flowing through me.

There were some challenging thought loops, almost to the point of ego-death, which surprised me a lot. I had some early anxiety loops that eventually lead to me having to let go of reality for a while. I could feel my ego trying to "grab on" to thoughts, and when I was able to let go, that's when the euphoria and visual effects started.

This was a great experience for me. There are certain things we can forget about that the mushrooms teach, things that are not exactly "rational", but I know them to be truths. There were some pretty heavy loops of introspection, and I had to deal with some personal issues that were hiding in the back of my mind, and there is NO HIDING from the shrooms, fuckin magical!

Anyways, I wanted to share while it was fresh in my mind, though I still have a little "wiggliness", my computer screen just stopped "jumbling" the text, the letters dancing so I couldn't read it, which just stopped enough to type a couple hours ago.

There were a few more personla things/lessons I will need to try to integrate in the coming days/weeks, but the "blue"(gray-brown-green) honey/lemon tek-to-tea was way better than I thought it'd be. I can't wait to try more. I'm going for twice as much next time, probably in a month or so(maybe not that long haha, no).

This is a "trip report" of sorts, but I put it in "the kitchen" because it was a new recipe for me, my first decent "blue honey" trip, lemon-tekked, and tead, and I'm pretty happy now!

Edited by Billcoz, 27 May 2019 - 03:28 AM.

• Sidestreet, elfstone, crazy1 and 14 others like this

#2 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

Love this!!! Thanks so much for sharing! Time to go buy some honey! 

The way you described it makes it sound so fun and freeing, despite your mention of anxiety. This is something I am looking forward to once I am ready. Part of me says "just do it!", but as I have said before, all in due time. :)

Thanks again!!!

#3 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

It was super fun, and very freeing. I tend to work myself up into having a kind of irrational fear when I first take a dose, then it surprises me how nice it can be every time when it really kicks in. There are things that we can forget about between trips, realizations about stuff that are so obvious while tripping, but for whatever reason seem completely irrational and impossible in normal, sober thought. There is nothing wrong with the cautious approach at all, in fact it is what you should do. You can work up to the bigger doses in time, but it'd be bad to try to go all in when your not sure about it. Thanks O & M.

• dial8, HrVanker, Riddley and 1 other like this

#4 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:13 PM

I made some Blue Honey, but I didnt make it like you did. I just put the mushrooms in the honey and let them sit for months. The effect was good , but not as strong as I wanted. I did mix the blue honey with some cannibus honey and the effect was stronger. No that I have read this post I am going to try this recipe. Thank You... Also try making some weed honey and then mixing with the blue and you will probably like it very much. 

#5 Maddmyco

Maddmyco

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:56 AM

How articulate! Thank you for sharing both your honey tek and your trip report. I will be doing my first tek outside of just chomping down on some dried fruits very soon. I may just follow your advice, but with my twist. Thanks, and mushy love brother!

#6 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:06 PM

This is what my Blue Honey looks like. I cut up some Fresh mushrooms and I also added Black Pepper, Ginger, Cinnamon, Lions Mane, Sage to Real Raw Honey. This Blue Honey is going to Powerful. img.jpg

#7 Boarders

Boarders

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:23 PM

Aren't you worried about growing nasties in it? I'd be worried about about growth of C. botulinum as a result of adding so much water from mushrooms, ginger and herbs - it looks like it's quite watery. Honey contains C. botulinum spores, especially if raw. These can germinate leading to the production of botulinum toxin. Unfortunately, there's never an obvious sign of it being produced (no color, gas production etc).

If wanting to use fresh 'shrooms in a honey prep, you're better off making a tea from them, reduce the volume of liquid, add some honey, reduce a bit further than add to the rest of the honey. This will keep the water concentration much closer to that of unadulterated honey. Spores don't germinate in honey as the water concentration is too low.

• wilspeak, DBCMushie and psilyguy808 like this

#8 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,718 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:19 PM

Initial reaction when looking at that picture is, something ain't right

• wilspeak and DBCMushie like this

#9 DBCMushie

DBCMushie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Free Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:56 PM

yeah my thoughts exact. I have some sittin now with dried sclerotia and dried PE.

• wilspeak likes this

#10 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:02 AM

Aren't you worried about growing nasties in it? I'd be worried about about growth of C. botulinum as a result of adding so much water from mushrooms, ginger and herbs - it looks like it's quite watery. Honey contains C. botulinum spores, especially if raw. These can germinate leading to the production of botulinum toxin. Unfortunately, there's never an obvious sign of it being produced (no color, gas production etc).

If wanting to use fresh 'shrooms in a honey prep, you're better off making a tea from them, reduce the volume of liquid, add some honey, reduce a bit further than add to the rest of the honey. This will keep the water concentration much closer to that of unadulterated honey. Spores don't germinate in honey as the water concentration is too low.

Intersting thought... Thank You. I keep the jar in the refrigerator.  So the mushrooms are kept Cold. The peppers and Herbs like turmeric and Black Pepper should help stop the growth of C. botulinum. I will pour off the most of the liquid in a tea and replace it with Real thick honey. Thank You. 

#11 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:04 AM

yeah my thoughts exact. I have some sittin now with dried sclerotia and dried PE.

I was thinking about makeing some Truffle blue Honey. What do you think about that ?

#12 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:04 AM

Its kept Cold in the refrigator. Its all good. 

#13 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,718 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

Well the thing is now the water might have absorbed the potency so you could loose a lot. To me you have made something in between honey and tea. Almost like a mushroom soup more than anything.

I am no expert but I think you are coming at this all wrong. You need to start with dried mushroom. Powder them with a coffe grinder, then just mix with heated honey. You can add whatever spice you want for flavoring. Then you have a product that will actually help to protect the potency and get the longevity benefits of honey

Edited by flashingrooster, 13 January 2020 - 09:25 AM.

• wilspeak likes this

#14 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:07 PM

Well the thing is now the water might have absorbed the potency so you could loose a lot. To me you have made something in between honey and tea. Almost like a mushroom soup more than anything.

I am no expert but I think you are coming at this all wrong. You need to start with dried mushroom. Powder them with a coffe grinder, then just mix with heated honey. You can add whatever spice you want for flavoring. Then you have a product that will actually help to protect the potency and get the longevity benefits of honey

You might be right, But then again even though the honey is a bit watered down. The psilocybin and psilocin is still in the jar of Spiced up raw Honey and its Kept Cold and fresh. I may try your Idea , But  I put the magic Honey in the refrigerator to keep it fresh, plus the spices (Black Pepper, Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Loins Mane, Sage) will help preserve it.  It will not rot if kept Cold. As a matter of fact. I taste and smell it every few days and it's doing just fine. 

Also Placing undried (living) mushroomsinside of Honey which comes from (Living) Beings called Honey Bees   is a WONDERFUL and BLESSED Idea. 

Edited by wilspeak, 17 January 2020 - 02:08 PM.

#15 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,718 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:12 PM

It's not my idea but a tek from this site. 

https://mycotopia.ne...fungi-in-honey/

I made some myself and it works great, super easy and no wait necessary to consume it after making it. I just used a non stick saucepan to mix it all together quickly and then transfer into final container for cooling. Granted its some thick honey but if you let it warm up you can still spread it on whatever you want. I had some olive bread and it was delicious 

Edited by flashingrooster, 17 January 2020 - 09:20 PM.

• wilspeak likes this

#16 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,718 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:16 PM

That being said, has anyone made some delicious dish with fresh cubes? I would guess it's not a stretch they tasted pretty decent to me fresh compared to dried

• wilspeak and RutgerHauer like this

#17 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:46 AM

It's not my idea but a tek from this site. 

https://mycotopia.ne...fungi-in-honey/

I made some myself and it works great, super easy and no wait necessary to consume it after making it. I just used a non stick saucepan to mix it all together quickly and then transfer into final container for cooling. Granted its some thick honey but if you let it warm up you can still spread it on whatever you want. I had some olive bread and it was delicious 

Thank You for that Link. I may just try it. 

#18 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:19 AM

That being said, has anyone made some delicious dish with fresh cubes? I would guess it's not a stretch they tasted pretty decent to me fresh compared to dried

I would just try and sauté them in butter and add some onions and a little salt and pepper. You can use that as a side dish to anything you like.. I always love sautéd mushrooms with some onions and can just eat as is, not sure about Cubensis though. Also I have found that eating before or during consuming mushrooms decreases effectiveness in absorbing the psilocin, which takes the trip down considerably so you would probably better eat something light with it. 

I will personally just stick with dried - on an empty stomach, have no issue with the taste.

• wilspeak likes this

#19 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,718 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:45 PM

Yeah I love frying up some mushrooms with garlic and butter, hot and quick its a very easy snack. Maybe like you said though most people like taking them on empty stomach so the idea of a meal is not really great for their trip

• wilspeak likes this

#20 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:19 PM

Yeah I love frying up some mushrooms with garlic and butter, hot and quick its a very easy snack. Maybe like you said though most people like taking them on empty stomach so the idea of a meal is not really great for their trip

I dont like the taste of magic mushrooms , so I have eaten them in a salad or a smoothie. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!