Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Made some "blue honey", damn it is potent!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 BadPenny

BadPenny

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:40 PM

Yeah so I mixed, like 16.8 grams of finely-powdered cubes(dry of course) into about 8-9 ozs of honey about a 2 weeks ago. 

What method did you use to powder the cubes?  How dry were they when you started powdering?

#22 LIFELESSDEAD

LIFELESSDEAD

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 06:46 PM

honey is vague btw. there are honeys higher in antioxidants and or water content so one must pick the product with research!

#23 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,189 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:19 AM

Yeah so I mixed, like 16.8 grams of finely-powdered cubes(dry of course) into about 8-9 ozs of honey about a 2 weeks ago. 

What method did you use to powder the cubes?  How dry were they when you started powdering?

I like to get them cracker dry via fan and then damp-rid.  Then I break them up by hand into a coffee grinder for the coup de grace.  But, when making tea from which I then made honey I remember that I would not grind them to literal powder (trying to remember why exactly but I know it was a good reason!)  If just taking powder straight to honey you can totally grind the mushies into a mushie flour.

#24 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:50 PM

I say for the tea it's about the strainer. The fine grind tends to leave some left over and I would agree somewhere in between is best for tea.

Everyone should invest in a 15 dollar "drugs" grinder specifically used for such. One for coffee one for drugs

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 17 February 2021 - 06:51 PM.

• Sidestreet and rockyfungus like this

#25 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,189 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2021 - 04:54 AM

Oh yeah, the coffee grinder is key.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!