• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:37 AM

So the elves had been busy. The Penis Envy strain cloned and lovingly cared for spawned on oats with amendments added and subbed to straight coir with a little lime. 2 weeks to fruit. Enjoy!

10cc syringe for scale.

Attached Thumbnails

• 8.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • 7.jpg
  • 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg

• onediadem, crazy1, coorsmikey and 5 others like this

#2 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,148 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:54 AM

The big cluster in this pic, I would clone that and your next run will be insane.

post-107703-0-78999700-1559057747_thumb.

• JACKOLANTERN, PJammer24, jkdeth and 1 other like this

#3 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:25 PM

Damn, I need to do some cloning apparently. Those are fatties!

Edited by Billcoz, 28 May 2019 - 10:25 PM.

• JACKOLANTERN likes this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,148 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:03 AM

I think everyone should start cloning. You are growing anyway, why not take it to the next level and have super flushes. I clone every good cluster I grow. 3rd and fourth generation clones are so worth the time and effort to do them. The results speak for themselves. Once you get to a third generation clone, you will wonder why you hadn't cloning sooner.

• JACKOLANTERN, PJammer24 and Moonless like this

#5 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:56 AM

I think everyone should start cloning. You are growing anyway, why not take it to the next level and have super flushes. I clone every good cluster I grow. 3rd and fourth generation clones are so worth the time and effort to do them. The results speak for themselves. Once you get to a third generation clone, you will wonder why you hadn't cloning sooner.

I am a lazy ass thats's why lol. i have recently planned to take clones from some nice flushes but haven't followed through with it. I have a couple tubs about to pin and some agar dishes made up, hopefully I'll get on the ball this time. I'll try to get a good one this time.

I  have taken a couple clones before that produced very full pinsets but not that fat or big of fruits and I have some agar cultures of those genetics set aside. The donor fruits were the biggest ones in clusters but pretty average sized, hopefully the next flushes have some biggies.

• JACKOLANTERN likes this

#6 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:12 AM

I agree y'all should clone. Its super simple.

• PJammer24 and Salem like this

#7 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:56 PM

Give a little more time and patience and boom. Boomers!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.1.jpg
  • 1.2.jpg
  • 1.3.jpg
  • 1.4.jpg
  • 1.5.jpg
  • 1.6.jpg
  • 1.7.jpg

• roc, coorsmikey, PJammer24 and 3 others like this

#8 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

Cluster was cloned :meditate:

• onediadem and crazy1 like this

#9 RedOctober

RedOctober

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:23 PM

So how many generations deep can you clone? They actually improve in the 4th generation?

I was always under the impression that senescence sets in rather quickly and the mycelium loses vigor

after like 2 generations of fruiting --> cloning --> respawning-->fruiting -->cloning --> respawning

#10 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,148 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:53 AM

I go three or four gens every time I have cloned, before I go back to spores. I also make enough LC from the agar that it isn't that often that I have to start over. I have had LC's last for up to 2 years, and when you store in distilled water, going to an LC is virtually painless..

• RedOctober and crazy1 like this

#11 RedOctober

RedOctober

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:13 AM

I go three or four gens every time I have cloned, before I go back to spores. I also make enough LC from the agar that it isn't that often that I have to start over. I have had LC's last for up to 2 years, and when you store in distilled water, going to an LC is virtually painless..

Wow! Two years...That's insane! I had no idea LC would keep for that long.

When you say that you make an LC out of agar with distilled water, does that mean you're not using any sort of sugar (Karo or dextrose)?

I just took a sliver of agar and made a slurry using the Oster blender (all sterile). 

It really beats up the myc. How long would a slurry like that last?

If the slurry remained viable for a month or two this would go a long way towards cloning

#12 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,148 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:20 AM

I store samples from the agar in vials of distilled water. Then I transfer that to LC to grow out. Two separate teks.

• RedOctober and crazy1 like this

#13 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,281 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

I agree that everyone should start cloning but I have always cloned the mushroom that looked prettiest to me rather than the clusters... I have been of the mind set that if I isolate that specific mushroom, it should be prolific making a cluster clone less significant... Can anyone, ODD, enlighten me on why that would not be the case...??

#14 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,472 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:00 PM

I think cloning the one you like is perfectly fine. Making that clustering trait more dominant does seem to increase yield though.

Clustering can be a fairly dominant trait anyway. My Orissa clone was from a single large pale mushroom, growing it out threw clusters anyway. So if you have a standout specimen, you still may be able to pick up a "cluster clone" next generation if you want.

#15 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,148 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:49 PM

Each generation cluster clone doubles until you have nothing but a crazy full canopy. Consistently.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!