33 replies to this topic

#21 elunicotomas

elunicotomas

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:34 AM

Get a PC. 7qt for 30 bucks on Amazon. Amazing first grow fella

PC = pressure cooker rigt?  I'm from Argentina and is quite difficult to buy from foreing sites, but I'm planning to get one shortly .

Yes sir. That should help. Next time pitch the trays and just grow straight I'm the tub. Block out all light from the sides at the substrate line so only light hits the top. Easier, more space. And like someone mentioned above, apparently it poses a health hazard to use that aluminum.

Got it! thanks

• Juddlight likes this

#22 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:30 PM

Wow this is inspiring lol

#23 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:30 PM

Wow this is inspiring lol

i cant wait to start mine

#24 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:44 PM

Does this technique have a name that I could look up somewhere?  It looks like the main difference between this and the PF tek that the jar colonization is followed by an additional colonization in trays.  Is that correct?

#25 Johnnyrocket223

Johnnyrocket223

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

man your first grow is awesome and insane great job !!! i am also on my first grow i did not take pictures step by step i should of good idea but i will be posting some of my progress as well you just motivated me more !! im hyped 

• elunicotomas likes this

#26 WanderingWildcrafter

WanderingWildcrafter

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

Congrats on your first grow! These look great. I am also a first-time grower and am currently waiting for my grain spawn to fully colonize. I hope the end result turns out as well as yours did.

#27 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

Yes sir. That should help. Next time pitch the trays and just grow straight I'm the tub. Block out all light from the sides at the substrate line so only light hits the top. Easier, more space. And like someone mentioned above, apparently it poses a health hazard to use that aluminum.

Just so everyone is clear, this is nonsense.

• peacefrog and JanetPlanet like this

#28 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:12 PM

He’s no longer with us either.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#29 FesterAddams

FesterAddams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:25 PM

Hell, I started on April 17 and I am just now seeing some growth in the jars for all my efforts. I have absolutely no idea why it’s so slow. I’m really bummed out about this.

#30 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:14 PM

Hell, I started on April 17 and I am just now seeing some growth in the jars for all my efforts. I have absolutely no idea why it’s so slow. I’m really bummed out about this.

Cakes? Sounds like they're to wet. Pics help though.

#31 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:24 PM

I am having similar issues. I think it has to do with "strain personality" though. I inoculated on the 12th. My B+ jars are around 90% and moving along steadily(first growth noticed at 5 days) but my PF are still around 40% moving slow and steady and look like they may have avercome some bacteria. I fear that they may dry out before completion( first growth noticed at 7-8 days)... I think i will be birthing the B+ in the next week or so, but the PF may need another week in the incubator...

#32 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:26 PM

For educations sake, why are you calling this bad advice, the light restriction? The aluminum aversion?

#33 elunicotomas

elunicotomas

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

Well, uesterday we weight the dried 2nd and 3rd flush:

tNsljOL.jpg

And this is what we got from the 1st flish:

wz7xT2M.jpg

Almost 45grams of dried shrooms  :biggrin:

We haven't tried yet though ..... as we live in a big city we don't want to take them here but rather in the beach, forst or some nature context

#34 elunicotomas

elunicotomas

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:07 AM

Also I went to a workshop for cultivating mushrooms and I got new spores so we'll be starting again maybe next week  :tongue:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!