• Please log in to reply
3644 replies to this topic

#3641 BigSteve

BigSteve

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Since I can only post here for the meantime, here's an update on my re-potting.

These 2 cacti have grown together for years, untangling their roots was a huge pain but they seem happy now!

Drying out the fruits to collect seeds, bought more tiny pots tonight so hopefully some seeds take and I can log them!

Still need an ID on Willis, the taller white-spined cactus. Agustus is a mammillaria prolifera I believe.

Thanks and happy farming.

Attached Thumbnails

• happy.jpg
  • roots.jpg
  • seeds.jpg

• Skywatcher likes this

#3642 BigSteve

BigSteve

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:35 PM

Trying to be able to post/see content so this is my last post here.

Have a great evening guys! If you like a Richard's Red, I would recommend trying this. One of my favourties for sure.

Attached Thumbnails

• beer.jpg

#3643 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,246 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 AM

Hey guys, I discovered this community over the weekend and have been devouring content. You guys have a nice community here.

I'm Big Steve and I have been thinking about starting a tiny mushies farm. I grow a few cacti and have grown some MJ in the past. I have a passion for computers so eventually I will automate much of it, if I get addicted to the lifestyle.

If you guys have any tips for a very small, cheap startup make sure to let me know!

Thanks for letting me be apart of the community!

Ps: If a wizard could help me ID some of my cacti to better help take care of them I would love that! I have had them for a few years now. Picture attached.

Agustus (left) fruits often after flowering and has multiple small bulbs that drop off occasionally. Willis (right) has looked the same. I will be potting them seperately tonight.

Hey and welcome to Topia!!!

Can't help you on the cacti, but there are many here that can. Post in the Botanicals and add that picture so they don't have to find this post. 

As to mushrooms, the easiest and most cost effective is the cake method, check out the link PF TEK and CAKES 

Peace

• BigSteve likes this

#3644 BigSteve

BigSteve

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 AM

Hey guys, I discovered this community over the weekend and have been devouring content. You guys have a nice community here.

I'm Big Steve and I have been thinking about starting a tiny mushies farm. I grow a few cacti and have grown some MJ in the past. I have a passion for computers so eventually I will automate much of it, if I get addicted to the lifestyle.

If you guys have any tips for a very small, cheap startup make sure to let me know!

Thanks for letting me be apart of the community!

Ps: If a wizard could help me ID some of my cacti to better help take care of them I would love that! I have had them for a few years now. Picture attached.

Agustus (left) fruits often after flowering and has multiple small bulbs that drop off occasionally. Willis (right) has looked the same. I will be potting them seperately tonight.

Hey and welcome to Topia!!!

Can't help you on the cacti, but there are many here that can. Post in the Botanicals and add that picture so they don't have to find this post. 

As to mushrooms, the easiest and most cost effective is the cake method, check out the link PF TEK and CAKES

Peace

Thanks for the advice! I'll take a look when I'm off work. I'll post a pic of Willis to see if I can ID him.

As for the mushies, I'll browse and try to find a cost-effective method of starting. Any mushies that are easy to grow and get a feel for it? 

Thanks for your help.

#3645 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,246 posts

Posted Today, 05:39 AM

You're welcome

You won't find a cheaper way to grow than the cake/BRF method. And all cubensis are equally easy to grow. 

Peace

• BigSteve likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!